Is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party still worth the price?

spear

I have been 4 times, and I am returning to Disney this year do you think it is still worth the price of admission?

marcriss

We went twice last year and plan to go twice this year. It is expensive, but we do the majority of our "riding" during the party. I think if money is tight, it's not a huge loss. It really depends on how you experience the party. As you probably know from previous visits the entertainment continues to be cut back, but we like the smaller crowds (we've been pretty lucky, fingers crossed!).

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I'm over MVMCP. :shrug: I went once in 1996 and then again last year. Not much had changed in 13 years and I didn't feel like there was anything too exciting that can only be seen during the party. The fireworks are ok, but not mind blowing. Same with the parade. I feel that MNSSHP is WAY more worth it. Seeing all the costumes, trick or treating, awesome fireworks, a different parade, and really good themeing makes it a lot more of an exclusive experience.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I'm a Christmas junkie, and I wasn't blown away by it last year :shrug: The best part of it was getting to ride Splash Mountain a few times without getting off right around midnight. Oh and the unnecessary amount of hot chocolate.

Upvote 0

KeithVH

We went from '97-'03. It was great in the late 90's but by 2001 the crowds were starting to get really bad and it was no longer that fun. If you've never been, it's always fun to try it once. But it's not as special as it used to be withthe amount of tickets now being sold for it (on average).

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I have to say no!!! We went in 2008 and I was less then impressed with the Christmas party! Now MNSSHP party is worth EVERY cent! We are heading back down in December with friends who have never been and really want to go to MVMCP, so needless to say we are going again, but only for that reason. It is killing me having to fork out over $110 for me and my DS to go.

Upvote 0

meganw1985

We went last year. I love Christmas and I love Disney, but it was a disaster. It poured the whole time. The stage show was cancelled, the parade was delayed, and we were soaked and miserable. Now if it was dry it may be worth it, but it wasnt to us. The decorations are beautiful though.

Upvote 0

durangojim

I don't think MVMCP is worth it at all. We had the chance to go 5 different dates last year and didn't do it. There's just not much too it. The great thing about MNSSHP is the interactivity -- guests get to dress up, trick or treat, and see the MK in a different light that they'd never see otherwise. The Christmas party is basically a new parade and new fireworks and that's it. I'd save your money and skip it.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Now I have not been in 5 years but I would still plan to go next time I go on a Dec. trip. The reason is that anytime we goto one of the parties at night we never goto a park during the day saving us a park ticket for that day. We usually get 10 day no expire pass so that will save us a day. Plus we just love being in the MK at night and its worth it for us.

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Right on Jim!!

Nope!!
Jim

My wife and I love going to the World end of November, early Dec. The last two years we have attended MVMCP but not this year. We really believe it is over rated. However, the Holloween party is a blast, we love watching the people in their costumes, trick or treating and the parade is the best.:xmas::sohappy:

Upvote 0

EHR21

I was there last December, but probably won't be back, too expensive and way too many people for a Tuesday night at the begining of December. So for me is one and done.

Upvote 0

chameleon

I attended both MNSSHP and MVMCP last year. I enjoyed MNSSHP so much more with all the costumes, parades, music, fireworks, etc.

I have attended both of these events many times in the past. I can see changes in MNSSHP over the years but not so much in MVMCP. I really think the halloween party is much much better.

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

We enjoy the Christmas party especially the parade and fireworks. We however don't agree with everyone else that the Halloween party is better. You get more bang for the buck at Christmas than you do at Halloween.

Upvote 0

kittybubbles

Our family does enjoy MVMCP, but as pass holders, it is tough to say if it is worth it. I think the value is more there for someone who can enjoy the MK from 4 PM to Midnight and pay less than they would for a single day in the park.

Upvote 0

emerald28

I've never been to the Christmas Party, and am definitely going to give it a go on my next trip. A friend of mine randomly chose Dec for her Disney trip once and now refuses to go any other time... she loved the Christmas Party, as well as all the lights in Hollywood Studios and the displays at the hotels. :xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom