Is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party still worth the price?

spear

I have been 4 times, and I am returning to Disney this year do you think it is still worth the price of admission?

tink65

We went for the first time in Dec '09. While it was great to see the shows, fireworks and parades there is no way I would spend that much money to go again. They didn't close early and reopen so that made it possible for all the people that were already there to be able to stay for the party. Now, they couldn't ride any rides, do the special character meet 'n greets and drink the hot chocolate and eat sugar cookies without having the party wrist band on but.....they saw the same shows, fireworks and parades that my family saw and paid an extra $160 to see! While we were waiting for a show to begin I actually overhead a man telling his family that he was glad the didn't pay extra to see this! Never again!

Upvote 0
We went for the first time in December 2009. It wasn't that crowded and you could ride on all the rides, but that is about it. I didn't feel any more "special" because we were at a special party. They didn't have any extra characters like they do at the halloween party. I would say do it once to try it out, but that's it. It's not worth the extra money.
Now we LOVE the halloween party and feel it's worth every cent. We are going back this year in October and I can't wait. Already got my tix.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

draybook

We went for the first time in Dec '09. While it was great to see the shows, fireworks and parades there is no way I would spend that much money to go again. They didn't close early and reopen so that made it possible for all the people that were already there to be able to stay for the party. Now, they couldn't ride any rides, do the special character meet 'n greets and drink the hot chocolate and eat sugar cookies without having the party wrist band on but.....they saw the same shows, fireworks and parades that my family saw and paid an extra $160 to see! While we were waiting for a show to begin I actually overhead a man telling his family that he was glad the didn't pay extra to see this! Never again!

This is EXACTLY what happened when we went to the December 8th party. And on top of that it was super crowded and we vowed to never do the Xmas party again.

Upvote 0

loveofamouse

We went in Dec 09. We went on the last day which was supposed to be extra special. Christmas is my fav time of year and Disney is my fav place. Shoulda been a good mix....it was a let down. Truly, other than an occasional stage show and the parades, it was just being at MK at night. The CMs were giving wrong info about the free goodies and the lines for food were HORRIBLE! We did TL and a bit of FL, watched the parade and FW and left. Now, I did love the parade and if I can buy me one of those toy soldiers.....lol. But it was definitely not worth the cost of the ticket considering the ticket was practically the same price as a regular ticket. If it had been cheaper, maybe $35 or something, it would have been more worth it.

And totally agree about the rip off. There were alot of people sticking around. Yeah, they couldn't easily ride rides or anything but they saw all of the shows and parades. I saw many people walking around that didn't have bands. We really felt cheated.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom