Is Mainstreet becoming to Modern and Mainstream

Animaniac93-98

BTW, we're complaining that Main Street turned into a mall, but don't forget that the merchandise itself isn't as imaginative, unique, or "must-have" as it used to be. Disney blames the economy for reduced merch sales, but I insist it's also due to crappy merchandise in the first place. Why should Guests overpay for the same shirt and board game you can buy at Target?

No kidding, why do you think The Disney Stores are not doing so well. I get guests who come up and ask me where the adult merchandise is. I point to the T-shirts that the don't want. Others search all around looking for something decent. No one wants the crap Disney is putting out (especially at regular price), but what does Disney do? Scale back the already non existent adult stuff. Bravo Disney, you know exactly what the consumer wants.

I guess it`s irrelevant anyhow. The mall is here. Long live the mall.

Woo.

Dragonrider1227

Well, here's the thing with the hats. People used to complain that getting names in hats took too long, and they had to wait in line too long to get it done, I used to hear it all day. Now they put in machines that do the job much quicker (and more precisely), and people are still complaining. Can't win sometimes.

Is Main Street a Mall...yes, but that's what a majority of the guests wanted. Most guests don't care about individual stores, and many of them would rather have World of Disney located at the entrance for all their needs. I don't agree, but that's the way it is.

Former Main Street Merchandise Host.
That is an interesting point. The same reason why Warner Bros. killed all their WB stores in favor of selling everything online. No one respects quaint novelty value anymore and wants everything done faster and cheaper.

I don't like to seek disappointment, so I'll look at your link after this, but for me Main Street hasn't changed a lot since my first trip. Yes, the Emporium got bigger and yes, the camera shop went away but the camera shop always bored me anyway. I mean, who goes on vacation and doesn't already have a camera these days? Seriously?
Not to mention who wants to pay those ridiculous prices for film?

Yeah, I was a little bummed about all the stores merging into one strip when I first saw it but you gotta admit, it makes getting out of the park at closing time a heck of a lot easier XD
And I gotta agree on that lack of adult merchandise comment. I hated seeing all the cool pirate hats and costumes being made only for 8 year olds. How are we supposed to properly let our inner kid out when you don't sell anything our size? It's like if you don't want to buy an overpriced statue of a character, then you don't exist.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom