Is Journey Into Imagination closing for a new attraction???!!!

Which JIM ( Journey Into Imagination) do you like best?????

• Total voters

Winnie the Pooh lover11

Original Poster
Please help me clear up my confusion. Is this real or not. I have heard from 2 different places they are kicking JIM to the curb, or are they just refurbishing it. I hope the 2nd option. Maybe if it is having a re-furb, they will add Dreamfinder back, because it is most likely for the re-furb to be in 2016, which is the 45th anniversary of Disney World, so you can hope, you know.And it is seeming like lately Disney wants to do more stuff with Dreamfinder, since they have the Figment comics, and the Dreamfinder Duffy pin. Maybe they will use the upstairs with the re-furb as well?I know there were a lot of rumors about this in 2014, but do you think any of this will happening at all??????

Tell me what you think, i would love to hear your ideas!!!:)

brb1006

If this is the third time the Pavilion get's closed, I hope this might mean that Dreamfinder might finally return. Since they teased about his return to the attraction in the future, especially when Dreamfinder made a surprise appearance at D23 years ago.

Tigger1988

If this is the third time the Pavilion get's closed, I hope this might mean that Dreamfinder might finally return. Since they teased about his return to the attraction in the future, especially when Dreamfinder made a surprise appearance at D23 years ago.

That appearance was NOT a tease for the future. It was an event about the past 40 years of WDW.

PhotoDave219

Please help me clear up my confusion. Is this real or not. I have heard from 2 different places they are kicking JIM to the curb, or are they just refurbishing it. I hope the 2nd option. Maybe if it is having a re-furb, they will add Dreamfinder back, because it is most likely for the re-furb to be in 2016, which is the 45th anniversary of Disney World, so you can hope, you know.And it is seeming like lately Disney wants to do more stuff with Dreamfinder, since they have the Figment comics, and the Dreamfinder Duffy pin. Maybe they will use the upstairs with the re-furb as well?I know there were a lot of rumors about this in 2014, but do you think any of this will happening at all??????

Tell me what you think, i would love to hear your ideas!!!:)

NO.

Its not happening.

RSoxNo1

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the LPS ride system would be perfect for a redo of Journey Into Imagination. Seeing as I expect this to get moved out of News and Rumors, here's some concepts that could work:
  • Make the old scene one, the introduction of Figment and Dreamfinder a pre-show. You can upgrade the concept, but I love the look of the Dream vehicle, and the scene establishes Figment as having child like wonderment.
  • Use the LPS ride system to have a few different ride options, perhaps with different rooms in a few spots like Radiator Springs Racers.
  • The digital mapping tech would also be great for this type of attraction. Imagine Figment playing with a card board box like a child would and then before our eyes we see a rocket ship mapped onto the box and we see it take off.
  • An Imagination ride is where Disney can showcase all of their amazing technology and special effects. It truly could be an amazing family friendly dark ride.

POLY LOVER

It needs a refurb with some imagination put into it. Lacks the wow factor.
I love figament but they need to work on better ideas for the ride.

SparerCascade

I don't think JIM is really that great of a ride, but there is almost always no wait and it is a nice way to get of your feet and relax for a short bit while being mildly entertained by Figment and friends.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Anybody remember the rumor from 2013 saying the pavilion would be totally refurbished in January 2014? Anybody remember how confident we all were about it? And then... nothing...

As much as I want it, I won't believe anything until it actually happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom