Is it worth it?

snowwhite

Original Poster
We are going to WDW in June. My husband wants to take 1 day and go to Universal. I really don't want to give up any time at WDW. We will only be there 5 nights and I wonder if it's really worth giving up 1 day to go there.

NowInc

Honestly...its worth a day. The parks may not be as great as WDW (opinions vary of course)..but all be told..its still really fun. Its also not a budget buster.....a good bang for your buck I would say...go for it ;)

Seano846

When I go down I skip the A.K and go to either universal or Seaworld for 1 Day. If you have never been to IOA I highly reccomend it, Its really alot of fun, and can be done easily in 1 day.
But if you don't like Rollercoasters Skip it.

disney_nutter

I think u should go to universal as dan said they are not in the same league as disney but they are still worth the trip. I am a massive universal and ioa fan and we always make time to go and visit them.

Malc

Of course, its all personal opinion, but............on the assumption that you have been to WDW several times, you should definitely make a little time for Universal. We love Disney but my family (including children 8 to 15 years)also had a great time at Universal. However, one day would not seem long enough to cover both parks entirely; so what to do?
Well, Studios is probably closest to WDW in terms of ride intensity and idealism. If you enjoy all the Disney rides, then the Studios would be Ok for you. Sure, its not Disney, but some of the rides are as good as, even better than, their Disney equivalents. The live shows are also really good.
IOA is somewhat different. Its all very new and Spiderman is a uniquely enjoyable experience, BUT if you dont like coasters and/or getting wet, then you may not find this park worth it.
As I started, its all down to personal opinion.....

hellokitty1

We absoulutly love IOA, it has many themed lands, and the decorations are great!! not to mention the rides, they have so many thrill rides!!

do you have any children?
they have a dr. suess land which is colorful and fun for the kids.
spiderman ride is awesome...

go, go , go!!!:sohappy:

Castle Cake Apologist

::bites tongue so not to start an argument::

I think the majority of us knows my thoughts on IoA/US :mad: ::cough:: I mean uhh... :D

-Jake

::Runs off to rub aching tongue::

snowwhite

Original Poster
Well......I gotta say, if my hubby really wants to go I guess I will. We are not thrill riders and it's our 25th anniversary and we're staying at the Grand Floridian. I'll give up Mickey time if he really wants to. Thanks for the help.:wave:

RogueHabit

A Suggestion

A little suggestion: If your budget allows for it, and if you plan to visit Orlando again sometime, it might be worth buying a 2 day ticket to USF.

That way, you can park hop between IOA and USF and probably see both parks in a day. You can walk between USF and IOA in less than 5 minutes.

As far as I am aware, anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but the one day passes to USF and IOA are single park only.

And the 2 or 3 days passes are lifetime passes with park hopping included, just like the WDW hopper pass.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by snowwhite
Well......I gotta say, if my hubby really wants to go I guess I will. We are not thrill riders and it's our 25th anniversary and we're staying at the Grand Floridian. I'll give up Mickey time if he really wants to. Thanks for the help.:wave:

Well, I absolutely love the rides at IoA but I must say that if neither of you are big "thrill ride" fans, IoA is NOT for you. US is more for you rather than IoA. Have fun at Twister :)

SteveUK

I'm glad somebody brought this up, I've been meaning to ask for a while. I'm going to WDW for two weeks, is it worth travelling to universal twice to do both parks or can I combine them in one day?

RogueHabit

Originally posted by SteveUK
I'm glad somebody brought this up, I've been meaning to ask for a while. I'm going to WDW for two weeks, is it worth travelling to universal twice to do both parks or can I combine them in one day?
With the summer hours you can do both parks in a day, however, as I said above, the 1 day pass is only good for 1 park or the other. If you want to park hop then you need a 2 or 3 day pass, which includes the hopper feature.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom