Is it worth it??

dopeylover

Original Poster
Hi All! Hope you had Happy Holidays all around.

I am sure it's because I spent my morning reading a lot of negative threads on here, but I find myself a bit bummed out in regards to our trip next year. I see a lot of repair and bad cover ups that need to be done throughout the parks, and I have read several places that my favorite place, EPCOT, was barely decorated for the holidays this year. We have been looking forward to that holiday feeling on our next trip, esp. the Christmas Party!

So, am I just reading too many 'doom and gloom' posts lately, or should I be worried? :confused:

dopeylover

Original Poster
WDW is ALWAYS worth it ;)

You wouldn't divorce your spouse because he or she gets a wart, would you?

True. There are a lot of threads here w/ very valid points on a lot of things, but if I read too many it starts to seem like WDW is now akin to a run down playground, and I haven't been since May 2011, so I'm a little unsure how bad some things have gotten. My main worry was that EPCOT (which I agree needs a lot of work!) would not be decorated as I had hoped. It would take me a LOT to cancel a trip, but I don't want to be disappointed either.

I think I need to find some positive threads!!! :)

copcarguyp71

People are upset because of TDO's deaf ears and I am one of them while I am at home. When I get to the world though I am able to turn it all off and turn into a kid again for seven days! Enjoy and don't worry. Most of us doom and gloomers are only that way because we have a true love for Disney...and then there are trolls, stay off their bridges and whatever you do don't feed them ;)

dopeylover

Original Poster
People are upset because of TDO's deaf ears and I am one of them while I am at home. When I get to the world though I am able to turn it all off and turn into a kid again for seven days! Enjoy and don't worry. Most of us doom and gloomers are only that way because we have a true love for Disney...and then there are trolls, stay off their bridges and whatever you do don't feed them ;)

It really does surprise me some of the things that have been let go, but you're right, as soon as I'm there I'll forget all about it! Have you been there during the holidays recently?

71dsp

While there are some things that need to be improved, the great stuff about WDW outweighs (by a HUGE margin) the bad stuff.

We just got back (Dec 16) from a 9 day trip, and it was fantastic (at least until my wife got the flu!). There are some changes that I don't care for, but can't make everyone happy! We've already scheduled our next trip for Oct 2013. :D

copcarguyp71

No, Food and Wine is about as adventurous as we get with regard to crowds and I am not a big fan of special events where you have to pay to stay/come back into the parks so I'm not much help there. I would not sweat the trip and if you go midyear on you can look forward to a renewed Splash Mountain!

dopeylover

Original Poster
While there are some things that need to be improved, the great stuff about WDW outweighs (by a HUGE margin) the bad stuff.

We just got back (Dec 16) from a 9 day trip, and it was fantastic (at least until my wife got the flu!). There are some changes that I don't care for, but can't make everyone happy! We've already scheduled our next trip for Oct 2013. :D

Oh great! Good to know, it will be the first trip my daughter will remember, and I have never been during the holidays, although we caught a few windows done up during our Oct./Nov. honeymoon, so I'm very very excited to see it all done up...That was a big concern.

No, Food and Wine is about as adventurous as we get with regard to crowds and I am not a big fan of special events where you have to pay to stay/come back into the parks so I'm not much help there. I would not sweat the trip and if you go midyear on you can look forward to a renewed Splash Mountain!

Splash Mountain was another worry, as I love it so much! Good to know!

Britt

Someone had made a post about their trip a few weeks away and said they weren't feeling as excited as they thought they would, my biggest piece of advice was to get of the board for awhile and just watch ride videos and look t pics! No more forums!! Haha

I would def do that now :)

traylorc

Forums like this are a great place for information...but at the end of the day I always take everything I read here...good or bad...with a grain of salt.

I'm not stating there are not issues/problems with Disney, but let's keep things in perspective. For FYE 2012 WDW Park and Resorts reported a 22% & 10% increase operating profits & revenues, respectively. Despite an economy that is still struggling, people chose to spend what little disposable income they have to visit Disney.

I don't begrudge the doom and gloom posts...folks are certainly entitled to their opinion.

Bottom line...I would go to Disney and make up your own mind whether or not the experience is still worthy of your hard earned cash. Because at the end of the day...what you think about the experience is what really matters.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hi All! Hope you had Happy Holidays all around.

I am sure it's because I spent my morning reading a lot of negative threads on here, but I find myself a bit bummed out in regards to our trip next year. I see a lot of repair and bad cover ups that need to be done throughout the parks, and I have read several places that my favorite place, EPCOT, was barely decorated for the holidays this year. We have been looking forward to that holiday feeling on our next trip, esp. the Christmas Party!

So, am I just reading too many 'doom and gloom' posts lately, or should I be worried? :confused:
Just rember the worst day at Disney is better then the best day at work! I've always noticed something ou of place every trip but they are very very small memories of a most magical time.

dopeylover

Original Poster
No,it's not worth it.Please post your tickets ASAP to me and I will report back on the doom & gloom of the most magical place in the world.;)

Thanks everyone! I think I was a little mopey with reading all the doom and gloom! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, for sure, but I'm going to focus on happy trip reports and planning for my favorite place ever! I can't believe I even questioned this!

AndyS2992

As I always say, don't believe everything you read as it is mostly exaggerated. If you go to WDW with a positive attitude and don't go out of your way to look for faults then you will have an amazing time as usual.

I went to Disneyland Paris last month and all I ever read is negative stuff about it yet I had an awesome time so yeah :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom