Is it worth it ($'s and time)?

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
I just came back from my first trip to WDW (stayed at The Beach Club very nice). I am from Cali and have to DL more times than I can count. Yes it is definately worth the time and effort to pay a visit to WDW. IMHO, you cannot compare the two at all, they are completely different ideas. You should definately experience it at least once and make the decision for yourself on which you choose to visit in the future. My only other thought on the subject would be to wait until your 6 month old is able to walk.

smk

Be prepared to see a huge castle! As for the heat, don't worry, I go in September and yes, it can be hot and humid, but there are great pools and great transportation to and from the hotels. Go early, take a mid-day break for naps and swimming and go back in the evening when it cools down. I love DL but WDW is my "home".

Although you would enjoy WDW, probably more than Disney Land, your in a situation where you would probably have a better time in Disney Land. I only say this because of the 6 month old. Your travel time to Florida would be greater and the chances of having a crying kid go up with each added hour of driving. On the flip side if you fly, you'll have to deal with the fact that you cant tell your 6 month old how to equalize his/her ear and could end up with one of those screaming kids in pain for the duration of the flight. And lastly the Fall is huricanne season so you have an increased chance of really bad thunder storms even if it isn't actually hit by a huricanne (even if you and your wife can survive getting rained on the 6 month old wouldn't be quite so hardy).

I guess it comes down to how your 6 month old travels and how lucky you feel weather wise. If it were me I would wait till the little one was 2 or 3 before trying the trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom