Is it true?

steviej

Original Poster
Okay, heres the thing. I so wanna do the spring 07 program. But the one day the presentation is near me, I have a huge quiz that I'm sure I won't be allowed to make up. And the guy at my school who deals with wdwcp is very adamant about me going to the presentation. Plus, I have long hair, and I don't know if I'm ready to cut it off unless I know for sure that i'm in. But anyways, people are telling me if I do a phone interview, I won't get in. What do you guys think? Does doing a phone interview really hurt my chances? Also, how often do people get turned down? Thanks much

DisneySaint

You have absolutely no less chance of getting in with the phone interview and at least that way you can prolong cutting your hair.
I did a phone interview and so did a lot of people I know and no one got turned down.

Tim G

Okay, heres the thing. I so wanna do the spring 07 program. But the one day the presentation is near me, I have a huge quiz that I'm sure I won't be allowed to make up. And the guy at my school who deals with wdwcp is very adamant about me going to the presentation. Plus, I have long hair, and I don't know if I'm ready to cut it off unless I know for sure that i'm in. But anyways, people are telling me if I do a phone interview, I won't get in. What do you guys think? Does doing a phone interview really hurt my chances? Also, how often do people get turned down? Thanks much
The hair has to come off... of not... no chance... sooner or later they have to interview you LIVE!

BrittFranklin86

I heard that most of the interviews are phone interviews now so you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I just did a phone interview about half an hour ago! Now I'm just waiting to hear back from them *crosses fingers*

madtheswine630

Hey, Britt! How'd the interview go? For some strange reason (even though it'll wind up being a phone interview anyway), I'm holding out to go to the presentation. I think I like prolonging the anxiety. :lol:

As for the hair-cutting thing...obviously it'll have to be cut in order to work there, but he doesn't have to have it cut for the interview, does he? (sorry for talking about you like you're not there, steviej. LOL) Just so long as he realizes that a job would mean the hair would have to go, I would think that's okay. After all, people with facial piercings are able to go through the whole interview thing without removing them, so long as they know they'll have to be absent during work. (...From what I've heard, anyway, hehe)

joanna71985

I would do the online presentation. That way you can do it sooner, or whenever you want. I did the online one, and I was accepted. It doesn't hurt your chances any more or any less by doing it.

cbmartin

last friday i had done on the phone, and the guy told me I was accepted then. He said i seemed to be very smart, or something like that. So I say do the phone, instead of the school presentation. Its way faster, and you could keep your hair for A few more months. Any one else ever get accepted on the spot? I an doing ths Jan-may, but may stay even longer.

Magicmyway

All my old roommates, my brother, boyfriend, and self did phone interviews and it worked out... I also had dark hair with blonde and red highlits and all they said as for me to change it before I got there so dont worry....

radiohost

Yeah you will be fine~~!!! Magicmyway^^^^ Long time no see!!!!! LoL...Anyway I did the phone interview and it went great. Sometimes people tend to overhype the phone interview...Cant wait to seeyou tommorrow magicmyway (thats my girlfriend!!!):cool:

zeroFantasy

I did a phone interview in March 29th (very late, too!) and I got it.
I don't think people get turned down too often... I mean, it's best to apply right when they start accepting Spring '07 Applications (which is probably now). They can accept LOTS of CPs now, and just fill in the missing ones before the deadlines. watch the E-Presentation, and schedule a phone interview. Disney desperately needs more cast members and unless you have been to prison or you are very non-Disney like, you should do fine. You wouldn't believe the kinds of CPs I've seen here. I don't know how they got in.

Don't worry about your hair. During an interview they will ask you if you have something that is not Disney look, and you can either lie (I didn't say that! :D) or say yes but that you will cut off your hair if you get accepted).
During the phone interview, be sure to SMILE while answering questions!!! It will reflect in your voice. :)

Scar Junior

As a campus rep, let me tell you that your campus rep was most likely trying to get you to hurry your decision and get you to go to the presentation/interview to inflate their numbers. You see, we have recruitment goals...aka an amount of people that we are requested/required to go to the meeting and apply to the WDWCP.

At the U of Minnesota we have about 45,000 undergrads and Disney gave us the number of '60' for people to attend our recruiter's presentations. We get a bonus if this number is met - no money, but employee benfits... like free meals at Disney restaurants. This is the most-likely reason for your recruiter to push you. I do want to stress how hard it is to accomplish these numbers and the other 'tasks' that your reps are going through. But ultimately, the number of people who attend the meeting is weighed far more by the company.

As a rep I suggest interviewing in-person to get the role you want (operations, hospitatily management, monorail/transportation host). Otherwise you are left to the general (ambiguous) phone-interview to dictate your future. For some this may be okay, but for others who are pursuing a specific role or career path it may be a problem.

I hope this has helped you in your decision making process. I just wanted to give you some facts, because --- especially when it comes to Disney --- there are a lot of rumors out there! So be cautious who you listen to!

- Scar

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom