Is it safe to say the Electrical Parade is totally shot?

LostPrincessKarleigh

I remember Spectro from some of my way earlier trips. (Especially with Ursula in the parade!) Personally, the new parade is just....bleh. I saw it three times my last trip, mostly at the DBF's insistence and to have a great spot for Wishes! The afternoon parade is much better IMHO.

adv.bluedude

You are exactly right. The new one lacks humanity because it's all computer programmed, whereas the original was actual analog synthesizers. They are in different keys too.

Yeah. It really does lose the humanity and heart that the original had. I mean, I still love the parade and will continue to watch it, but it's just sad to see such an amazing spectacle lose its heart.

Sped2424

Let it die, be crushed, and I will personally spoonfeed the broken lightbulbs to everyone at TDO responsible for it replacing Spectro. Even if Spectro too was falling apart, it was so much better than (insert annoying Electrical Parade music). :hungover::grumpy::mad::cry::rolleyes:
Woah little far there but alright, I happen to think Main street electrical parade is a fine parade its not the same as spectro sure but it certainly has its own charm I love how Pete is in it and I love how snow white and the dwarfs are in the parade very much. The music for me is very iconic and whenever I hear it I think Magic kingdom same as when I heard spectro magic I also thought magic kingdom both great parades but no need to act like main street is some form of trash.

Last edited:

DJMoore2011

I've only been to WDW once, the first night of our stay we were not planning to stay for fireworks but ended up staying. My Daughter heard the music and saw the lights from the distance and got so worked up because we were not in a spot to see the parade. Actually we didn't think she would want to see the light parade. We promised to come back on another night and get a good spot to watch MSEP. Our third night of our trip we were parked on the curb an hour and a half before the parade started..me bored to death and taking turns with Dear Hubby walking around while my Daughter bounced in her seat with excitement and just couldn't wait. When the lights went down and the sound came on it was like all the Pixie dust had settled on her and WDW was truly as magical as she had heard about. Then Alice waved at her, for my daughter it was beyond amazing. For that night alone MSEP has a special place in my heart and the heart of my Special Needs Daughter. While I would be sad to see it go, I would also enjoy seeing a new parade.

Now if I could find the sound track to surprise her with it for our next trip to WDW that would be the icing on the cake for her.

TTA94

I wish DLs new light parade would come to WDW instead lol, or a duplicate. I wonder if that is out of the question due to the lose of Spectro, MSEP not doing well, and if TDOs plans fail with FOF being the only parade at the MK.. Fingers crossed!

Goofyernmost

I wish DLs new light parade would come to WDW instead lol, or a duplicate. I wonder if that is out of the question due to the lose of Spectro, MSEP not doing well, and if TDOs plans fail with FOF being the only parade at the MK.. Fingers crossed!
How do we know, or even think that MSEP is not doing well. If they take one float out of a nightly parade because of mechanical difficulties or heck, maybe even personnel shortages (unintentional) and someone happens to watch the parade that night, reports it missing, does that mean that the parade is falling apart? I also relate some of that reporting as confusion between MSEP and Spectro. Many of the floats were similar and we think that it came for MSEP when it was actually Spectro. I have to admit that I am totally impressed with people ability to remember every detail of every attraction in every park. I have to check my Drivers License to be sure what my name is. And here's others that seem to remember how many lights that there are on Pete, the dragons tail and which one was out the last time they were there. :)

TTA94

Tonight they ran MSEP in the rain! well it was light rain but still that can Not be good for the floats! The canopies were missing from Cinderella for the first parade, Pete was gone for both showings, and the America Finale broke down on MS entering the hub and had to be towed! That is a long float to be towed! lol.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Tonight they ran MSEP in the rain! well it was light rain but still that can Not be good for the floats! The canopies were missing from Cinderella for the first parade, Pete was gone for both showings, and the America Finale broke down on MS entering the hub and had to be towed! That is a long float to be towed! lol.
This is what they should do with the parade...:banghead: run it into a wall.

WDWVito

I remember MSEP from my trips as a kid and still love it!

My kids got to experience both Spectro and MSEP.

We like(d) both but preferred MSEP and the sound track.

I hope they give attention to it, if not then to something else just as good.

Look at how many users on this forum mention that this is something they “remember from when”

When Disney does it right (a parade or what have you), these are the things we remember the most.

Every time I listen to the sound track, it takes me back to my childhood and also the trips with my wife and kids.

Goofnut1980

While I really love nighttime magic. I loved Spectro, but, it is a pain to kill 2 hours just to line up to watch the parade then the fireworks. Wouldn't one nighttime show be enough? Just thinking this out... If we have a daytime parade, and nighttime fireworks, is that enough? There is so much to explore and I feel that I miss a lot making sure I see the parade...

Also on a side note, we were there the last year of Spectro and this lady was next to me (she was about 45) and had never seen the parade before... I looked over during the parade and she was BALLING! After she said it was sooo beautiful and moving... That's when you know it was done right!

I think they really could definitely redo, MNSSHP and MVMCP floats and nighttime offerings. It is a little old for $65 a ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom