Is it safe to say the Electrical Parade is totally shot?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
The last time I saw it pete was missing on Elliot, Dopes coal kart was missing, Some things didnt light up, some sections of the units were dim and most of all some units were verry quiet and sone I couldnt hear at all. I was standing by the big birdhouse speaker by the small jail posts in Liberty Square, maybe thats a bad spot to hear the units but I do now know.

AllyInWonderland

I remember being stuck in the crowds during the parade, and I noticed that those same floats were missing and suddenly the CMs had to part the crowd and they carried a guy off on a stretcher. :eek:

I love that parade!

(It's weird because I'm listening to my music right now, and right as I saw this thread, the MSEP music came on :eek: )

kap91

I think you just happened to be there on a bad day...usually it's in quite good condition. It could maybe use an update - but I think that should be pretty low on Disney's priority list. Bring back the older version of the music and I wouldn't be upset if it never changed.

Thank god it's not Spectro!!!!!!!!!!!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I haven't watched all of it in a long time, probably not since SummerNightastic either. It is nice but it was the first night parade I saw, and we played the Baroque Hoedown song in band while I was in high school. But I think I do like Spectro just a little bit better, it seemed more modern to me.

Yert3

The current version of the parade doesn't do it for me. Tinker Bell leading, the missing circus floats, different music. They ruined something so special with minor things like that. If they want to save the parade, I say bring back the Blue Fairy, change the music back, and bring back the circus floats with King Leonidas. Where are they anyway? I heard they were shipped to Paris back when they still had the MSEP. Is that true? And if it is true, send them back!! Paris hasn't run the MSEP since 2003.

TDF

Only thing I like about the parade is the opening… I don’t know why but I like that techno/ electric voice but, besides that I think the parade is okay… but something better could be done. Like all things everything needs an update once in a while.

ElyseL

They changed the music? I havent seen it since I was a kid at Disneyland and I was really looking forward to seeing it. You guys are bumming me out a little. Please tell me the turtle with glasses and his tie and alice are still in the parade!

Yert3

They changed the music? I havent seen it since I was a kid at Disneyland and I was really looking forward to seeing it. You guys are bumming me out a little. Please tell me the turtle with glasses and his tie and alice are still in the parade!
Here is the original Soundtrack:

Here is the current one:

Yes. The turtle with the glasses and Alice are still there.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Well I'm dome with light parades, the Electrical Parade will adventruey do itself in... I'm off to complain about Future World again :p

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

One of our last times seeing MSEP we sat near the Country Bears and one of the floats broke down around the Liberty Square bend. We could see it but it wasn't moving. After quite some time (and the beginning of the parade had exited the gate) a guy driving some tow thing came out pulled it the rest of the parade route.

TTA94

And the rumor is that MSEP will go down for a Small refurb when FOF starts?? Doubtful.. I am sorry but realistically I see MSEP getting destroyed like Spectro... What I see happening here, and it is a good thing, is that TDO wants to start fresh with new modern parades.. FOF being the first. Wouldn't surprise me if Boo To You and Once Upon A Christmastime see its last year... Well, float wise anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom