Is it possible to book Dining Plan without MYW package?

captainkidd

We have a room only reservation and tickets already purchased seperately. Would it be possible for us to book the dining plan without a package?

Cubs Brian

I believe on our last trip inJan'09 my parents did not purchase MYW package but did buy the dining plan. I think(but not 100% sure) you can so long as you have hotel resv. If I'm wrong someone wiil correct me soon.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

We have a room only reservation and tickets already purchased seperately. Would it be possible for us to book the dining plan without a package?

Since you mentioned you have an AP, yes you can. AP holders can book a ticketless dining package called passholder + dine. It is exactly like a MYW package in terms of booking rules. $200 down with the balance due 45 days before check in. If you have a current room only reservation, that will need to be cancelled and you will have to rebook as a package. Also, the only type of discount that can be used with an AP dining package is an AP rate. If you have any other discount (pin, bounceback, general public, etc) you will need to buy MYW tickets to get the DDP.

Upvote 0

erstwo

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told you can purchase a 1 day ticket to the parks (for each person in your party) and then book the dining plan.

Next year when you go to renew your AP, they'll credit you the entire amount of the 1 day ticket towards your new AP purchase.
Just an option.....

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told you can purchase a 1 day ticket to the parks (for each person in your party) and then book the dining plan.

Next year when you go to renew your AP, they'll credit you the entire amount of the 1 day ticket towards your new AP purchase.
Just an option.....

Yes, that is correct. The OP said he was the only one in his party with an AP, though, so I don't think he wants to purchase additional tickets they won't need. :shrug:

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Mousefan1972 is 100% correct, but just to confirm and clairfy...

The Disney Dining Plan is not sold separately. There are currently three ways to include the Disney Dining Plan with your 2010 stay:

As part of a Walt Disney World Magic Your Way Vacation Package - Package must include a room at a Disney owned and operated resort, a Magic Your Way Theme Park ticket for all guest in the room, and the Disney Dining Plan for all guests in the room for the length of your stay. Package requires a $200 deposit and full balance due 45 days prior to arrival. Change and cancel fees may apply within 44 days of arrival. This package must be booked at least 3 days prior to arrival.

As part of an Annual Passholder "Ticketless" Vacation Package - Package must include a room at a Disney owned and operated resort and the Disney Dining Plan for all guests in the room for the length of your stay. At least 1 adult guest (age 18+) in the room must have an active Annual Pass, Premium Annual Pass, Florida Resident Seasonal Pass, or Florida Resident Seasonal Weekday Pass. Package requires a $200 deposit and full balance due 45 days prior to arrival. Change and cancel fees may apply within 44 days of arrival. This package must be booked at least 3 days prior to arrival.

As part of a Disney Vacation Club Membership Booking - Package must include a room at a DVC Property at Walt Disney World, booked using points, and the Dining Plan for all guest in the room for the length of your stay. This dining plan must be added to booking at least 3 days prior to arrival. Contact DVC Member Services for details.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom