Is it me or is it impossable to recieve Texts and Calls while in the parks?

bluefaery

The last time I was at WDW (2008) I didn't have a problem using my cell. I would call and text my friend without any problems. I have t-mobile.

Monorail Lime

Never any problem with Verizon.

I've heard that iPhone has connectivity issues when it can't pick up a solid data network even if the user only wants to do voice or text. I don't own one though so I don't know how true that is.

erstwo

new years

New Year's Day? New Year's Eve?

That might be your problem. Could have been service overload due to the # of people in the park.

We went to Turner Field to see the Cubs play the Braves on their opening day about a month ago. Turned out to be the 3rd largest crowd in Turner Field history (read: traffic nightmare)..... Anyway, my point is, I had 5 bars on my iPhone, but couldn't send a text or make a call (big problem since I was separated from my DH) for hours. There were just so many people in one area, the system was overloaded.

magicmaya

Original Poster
New Year's Day? New Year's Eve?

That might be your problem. Could have been service overload due to the # of people in the park.

We went to Turner Field to see the Cubs play the Braves on their opening day about a month ago. Turned out to be the 3rd largest crowd in Turner Field history (read: traffic nightmare)..... Anyway, my point is, I had 5 bars on my iPhone, but couldn't send a text or make a call (big problem since I was separated from my DH) for hours. There were just so many people in one area, the system was overloaded.

New Year's Eve. It was CRAMPED in there. Maybe that was the problem...

the_princess

I had T-Mobile and never had an issue other then not hearing my cellphone go off. I will have to see how Virgin works down there in a few days...

But when my parents were down there a few months ago my parents werent getting signal at all so when my brother got lost he called me... Im in WA he's lost at MK... Yeah it works really...

fruitcake

AT&T here...my boss never had a problem tracking me down...I just never bothered to answer! :ROFLOL: DH never seemed to have a problem either...excellent service.

rangerbob

I'm there quite often and have ATT and and iPhone. I've never had a problem while at the parks. I'd go along with the overload due to New Years Day.

muse1983

I have Verizon and never had a single problem receiving calls or sending textx inside the park. Just don't your cell phone in the same pocket as your ticket, it de-activated my ticket twice!

StageFrenzy

I had T-Mobile and never had an issue other then not hearing my cellphone go off. I will have to see how Virgin works down there in a few days...

But when my parents were down there a few months ago my parents werent getting signal at all so when my brother got lost he called me... Im in WA he's lost at MK... Yeah it works really...

I could be totally off but I think Virgin uses T-mobile's network down here

WDW Monorail

Never had a problem with AT&T at WDW until this past New Year's Eve. Lot's of people had problems that night.
However, texting worked fine, and the internet was fine for the most part.

Tinkrbell

I have att & I never really had problems with service while I was there during my CP. I can only think of one day when I didn't have service for most of the day, but that was cuz I had dropped my phone earlier in the day & bumped the sim card loose.

Slipknot

On AT+T and never had a problem in any queue or ride. Only place on property I consistently have a problem at is The Emporium on Main Street.

mickeysaver

My Verizon phone works just fine in the parks. Actually, I kind of feel like it works too well. During my last solo trip, I got a call from my home security company while I was in line to meet Ariel at the Grotto. :lol: I told them that while I appreciated the notice that there was a bad battery in one of my sensors, they needed to call my partner who was home for the week while I travelled to let her know what needed to be fixed.

Tazer19

We have Verizon - our phone reception in the parks is far better than it is at home :)
Same here. If my phone was provided by my employer, I'd change in a second. I only have 3 good spots in my entire house to talk... including out on the deck. While in Disney last I had no trouble getting calls anytime work called. :( Lesson learned for when we go in January.

Kamikaze

So last time I went to the parks, I sent texts and called people and never got anything in return. Well, whenever I step foot out of the parks, my phone starts buzzing out of control! :lol: I also have AT&T iPhone. I have all 5 bars and everything and I still dont recieve anything! What's going on?

Always been fine on the iPhone. Inside certain large buildings, no service, but out in the open its always fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom