is it just me or ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

does everyone get sad a day or 2 after they get back and then a week much more sad and then say 3 weeks very sad?? i guess it doesnt help that i live in cold massachettes but i really am missing that place.

My kids always got very sad at the end of our vacations - WDW or anywhere else. I guess I do too. But I always tell them the only way to avoid that feeling is to not go in the first place. For me, I know I've gotten my money's worth when I feel that way.

Upvote 0

mwitkus

everytime i return from disney, i get crabby and it lasts for weeks.. i just hate returning to work and the real world after experiencing so much happiness.. it takes me a long time to recover....

Upvote 0

Fireman7

Post-Disney depression is one reason why my girlfriend and I drive to WDW from Massachusetts. We are usually just happy to be home after the 22 hour drive that it eases the sadness that we are no longer going to be waking up in WDW.:D

Upvote 0

CREEKWAYNE

I think I start getting a little depressed usually just after half way through my vacation.:( It is then that I realize each day is that much closer to the end and the days seem to go by faster.:lookaroun But it really hits me hard on the the way out of WDW and I see that Walt Disney World sign in the rear view instead of the front window....:cry: I am even getting depressed talking about this..:hammer:

Upvote 0

barnebd5

my family and me are very sad and the question with us is, how soon could we go back?

if it was up to me I would go there and wouldn't leave.

I'm 16 and when I finish high school I am gonna move down there and get a job in the parks.

I don't like that sad feeling you get when you leave so this is the way to eliminate it :lol:

Upvote 0

dreamer

That is one reason I joined DVC -- when I leave I know I have a little piece of Disney to come back to every year.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

mandib

Yup right when you step out of Midway airport and feel the cold Chicago air! That's enough to make you want to just jump right back on the plane! lol

Upvote 0

Elaine

Thanks to both of you for your thoughts. You didn't make me sadder than I already was and any excuse to look at my pictures is a good one. I get a lot of pleasure from this website.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Oh, it's not just you! Post-Disney depression is tough. You can't explain it and those who have never been to Disney can't understand it. That's because Disney REALLY is magic!

Upvote 0
:( I feel so sad leaving too, but just being there and looking forward to the next trip just makes up for my sadness 110%.
Just think about when you first get there, and how you feel knowing you have x many days ahead of you to live in the Magic..
:D
Brings a happy tear to my eye!

Upvote 0

Camelot

I also get those post vacation blues, whether it is Disney or not.

It usually lasts a few days after returning home, and then I am back in the grove with everything.

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

Originally posted by Camelot
I also get those post vacation blues, whether it is Disney or not.

It usually lasts a few days after returning home, and then I am back in the grove with everything.

Mine is worst when I first leave. Then I kind of ride the high of recently being in "The World", but then it gets at its worst, again, at about 7 months out from my next trip. (Which happens to be right now!)
The fun of making reservations and plans are great, but 7 months is still such a long time to wait.:(

Upvote 0

bailey5697

I already told my DH that I need another Disney trip at least in the works when we are there in May. I will come back completely depressed! I have had so much fun planning it, I'm not even there yet! So, no you are not alone!:animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom