Is it just me, or does it seem like Aladdin is not apart of Disneyworld?

montyz81

The one that got the biggest shaft of all that I thought was a pretty good movie was Meet the Robinsons. There are so many rides that one could build out of that movie, hell a re-theme of Space Mountain would even work. I think the only reason why it isn't doing well is because it doesn't have a "P" an "I" an "X" an "A" and an "R" in its tittle anywhere.

MMFanCipher

I guess my point that really didn’t get across too well is that most rides seem to have at least one major attraction to bring attention, yet Aladdin has nothing. And yes, a lot of other films have nothing as well. It just seems that (not to be offend anybody or anything) that most everyone posting and replying to threads on this site are relatively old (25+), but lets face it, as much as we all love Disney, its truly for children. Yet, over the years Disney hasn’t been updated very well, and as a result the children have a tougher time relating to some of the rides and shows. Most kids nowadays aren’t watching Peter Pan or Snow White, their watching Cars, Ratatouille, The Incredibles, ect. I know we have to reserve the classic culture that Walt Disney helped to create, but we also have to concentrate on what it was created for, and that is bringing joy to kids. It seems that as time continues to pass, us parents will still find Disneyworld enjoyable, however children will begin to find it further from their knowledge and become more uninterested than ever.

Speaking as a 45 year old:eek:, I will disagree a little with this:D. I have 4 kids, 14,12,8 and 6 and they love Ratatouille, The Incredibles, etc, but they also watch Peter Pan, Snow White, The Swiss Family Robinson, etc. So as parents, I feel we're instilling the love for the Classics in our children. So when they do go to WDW they get excited to do the older movie rides. Which makes my DW and I smile. :sohappy:

I can't believe there is no attraction for "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes." What a travesty!

Technically, there is one reference to "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes," although it's easy to miss. In Figment, in the smell department, there are large computers in the background. On the ground next to them, there is a pair of tennis shoes. Very subtle, but visible to the true geek.

sarabi

I think one of the best parades MGM ever had (when it was MGM) was the Aladdin's Royal Caravan. Loved it. Miss it.

heliumalias

Totally agree, it seems- Rock n rollercoaster, great ride> no Disney connection. Everest- another great ride> no Disney connection. Mission Space, very fun> no Disney connection, Mission Space, Test Track, Tower of Terror, Space mountain, Dinosaur> all recent E-ticket attractions without a Disney connection. Now I don't expect them to all relate to Disney movies or for them to go back and remodel them, but in the future they could definitely start to link them with a Disney theme more.

I'm afraid that I have to disagree. Dinosaur is connected to the film of the same name (and it was even before they changed the ride's name). Mission Space is connected to Mission to Mars (however unsuccessful that may have been). As for Aerosmith, what band would you prefer. As I see it Aerosmith is as connected to Disney as any other (ummm Armageddon anyone??)

Besides how many Disney-supervised attractions had a Disney connection. Let's see...Haunted mansion - no, Space Mountain - no, Jungle Cruise -no, Matterhorn - no, Pirates of the Caribbean -no, It's a small world - no, Wedway - no, Carousel of Progress -no. Shall I continue? Personally, I prefer Epcot attractions that DON'T have any Disney characters in them. Dare I ask what might constitute a "Disney theme". What I would like is for there to be less Pixar-influenced attractions. But at the end of the day, I accept that under 16s are a key WDW demographic and if that's what popular then that's what goes in.

yensidtlaw

Original Poster
are you kidding me.. Mission space and mission to mars. Noone under the age of 70 has even seen mission to mars and can see the connection. And aerosmith? what kid listens to aerosmith anymore. I know there are plenty of rides without themes, but thats exactly what I'm trying to say. Themed rides is one of the things that sets Disneyworld apart from other amusement parks> and lately they have not done too well with connecting rides to their movies. Everyone criticizes Pixar movies getting too much attention, but at least they create connections with their rides and their movies. As a result, kids love their rides. TSM has to be one of the biggest hits ever with children (as much as the parents hate it), considering without a fastpass you'll wait prolly 4 hours. I think the new Monsters Inc ride will be awesome and people will love it because it has a link to movie that is with current culture.

Animaniac93-98

Mission to Mars was released in 2000. Where did you get age 70 from?

Love the Computer Wore Tennis Shoes reference someone just mentioned!

Not enough Aladdin in the parks? Please. Try being a fan of (and being in WDW):

The Great Mouse Detective
The Black Cauldron
Sleeping Beauty
The Rocketeer
________ Tracy
Return to Oz (well there's the scene in Storybookland in DLP)
Something Wicked This Way Comes
The Black Hole
Pete's Dragon
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
101 Dalamtians
The Rescuers and it's sequel
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
The Happiest Millionaire (2 songs in the Main Street AML)
Pollyanna
The Absent Minded Professor
The Gnome Mobile
Treasure Planet
The Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin
The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band
Babes in Toyland
Newsies
Hocus Pocus
Summer Magic (3 songs in main Street AML)
Zorro
The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh
The Emperor's New Groove
The Aristocats
Island at the Top of the World (the Hyperion is at DLP)
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
The Sword and the Rose
The Great Locomotive Chase
Now You See Him, Now You Don't
Flight of the Navigator
The Watcher in the Woods
So Dear to My Heart
Enchanted (already...how sad)
The Sword in the Stone

AREM

Sorry to bring up the topic of 90s Disney again, BUT..........

I remember watching 'vintage' Disney when I was younger; Jungle Book, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmations, Peter Pan, etc. And even at a young age, these older Disney classic held me just as captive as the 'new' Disney movies of the time like Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast. But I knew that the vintage Disney was just that; Vintage. My parents made sure (as they should have) that I had a real love of classic Disney as much as new Disney. And I have a feeling that when those of us that grew up on 90s Disney will, once we have kids of our own, make sure they are raised on 'vintage' Disney, IE 90s Disney. And the way that my parents lovingly looked back on Walt's era with a sense of wonder and simplicity, we will look back on the Disney Renaissance the exact same way. A truely magical time in Disney history that we were so unbeleivably lucky to experience first hand. And a period that, sadly, may never be seen again.

But, back on topic, I think that over the next few years, we will start seeing more 90s Disney love in the parks. As our generation starts growing older and having our own kids, I can PROMISE you that Disney will try to entice all those wide'eyed 90s kids to come see the Disney world that they remember, and, in turn, bring their kids to see it as well. I mean, we are JUST NOW getting a Little Mermaid ride! And if you look at the era, the kids that were old enough to remember those movies, and just now starting to have kids of their own.........Coincidence? I really don't think so. Disney is smart. They will want to cash in on the serious nostalgia that is so much apart of all us 90s kids.

But, back on topic.......

I would LOVE to see some Aladdin in the parks. Aladdin is one of my favorite Disney movies. Honestly, I think that the parks could use alot more 90s stuff in it. But thats just me. :zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom