Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Bocabear

Sorry its just dimosaur means everything to me I love carnotaurus and alioramus on the ride and I love their designs and thier colors And That is the reason why I don't want dinosaur taken away.
Well...the original Journey Into The Imagination meant everything to me...as did Horizons... Two complex, beautifully designed rides that were actually pretty timeless and definitely better rides than Dinosaur...both removed and destroyed... I have no empathy for Dinosaur...especially since the Indiana Jones version is better storytelling and much better theming overall.

EricsBiscuit

Sorry its just dimosaur means everything to me I love carnotaurus and alioramus on the ride and I love their designs and thier colors And That is the reason why I don't want dinosaur taken away.
Well from what it sounds like, they could just be adding Indiana Jones and those dinosaurs will still be there. They might even have more dinosaurs!

Kman101

Black Panther makes zero sense in Animal Kingdom.

The character doesn't. Wakanda itself? I could see an argument for it in Africa ... But do you think they care? lol. We say this kind of thing all the time but they do what they want. It's not me giving them a pass for doing it but they don't really care about whether it makes sense or not.

Kman101

I got no problem with Indy at AK. It would work fine in one of the Jungle areas.

My question is why though. DHS needs all it can get. ...and it will still need more after Galaxy's Edge...

Im with you. And that's where I'm a little confused. Use Indy for the boat ride. Put it in DHS. Makes sense to me? I mean ... DHS needs more! They seem to understand that but at the same time ... it's really sad to say that five new attractions aren't enough. One is a replacement. Three are 'replacements' in the sense that Backlot, LMA and Jack Sparrow closed. So in reality we're getting a net gain of one attraction, if you want to look at it that way. Plus we still have 30 year old stage shows ... and Launch Bay. And unthemed warehouses. Lots of work still needs to get done. So much for an overhaul.

Dutch Inn '76

Im with you. And that's where I'm a little confused. Use Indy for the boat ride. Put it in DHS. Makes sense to me? I mean ... DHS needs more! They seem to understand that but at the same time ... it's really sad to say that five new attractions aren't enough. One is a replacement. Three are 'replacements' in the sense that Backlot, LMA and Jack Sparrow closed. So in reality we're getting a net gain of one attraction, if you want to look at it that way. Plus we still have 30 year old stage shows ... and Launch Bay. And unthemed warehouses. Lots of work still needs to get done. So much for an overhaul.

Right - "Launch Bay." That's just something to keep from boarding up what used to be the most interesting attraction at WDW. Launch Bay definitely doesn't count.

Bocabear

So if they tear down the Stunt Show at the Studios and build a proper Indiana Jones attraction there, what are they going to do with Star Tours... It already seems miserably out of place with the rest of Star Wars on the other side of the muppets area... Would they ever consider moving Star Tours to the entance of Galaxy's Edge opening the space up for another attraction (Great Muppet Ride )?

mmelka

So if they tear down the Stunt Show at the Studios and build a proper Indiana Jones attraction there, what are they going to do with Star Tours... It already seems miserably out of place with the rest of Star Wars on the other side of the muppets area... Would they ever consider moving Star Tours to the entance of Galaxy's Edge opening the space up for another attraction (Great Muppet Ride )?

I have been thinking this too, that the Star Tours ride now is awfully disconnected from the rest of the land. It is tough to build a park, and then add onto it though I am sure without knowing the future plans. Part of me wishes they had made SWL behind Star Tours, so you had to ride Star Tours to get there, or at least walk through the queue. I do think though that Star Tours could have a nice impact in the MK in Tomorrowland similar to how it is done in DL. It would add a much needed attraction to MK. It's already built for the most part, so it would need to be moved - which I am sure isn't cheap but possibly cheaper than a brand new attraction. Or they could simply move Star Tours into the SWL with a Phase 2 type build to expand on the land and add further attractions. This would make way for Indiana Jones to expand, or for the Muppets to expand into the Star Tours spot in DHS, or an entirely new project all together.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The New Disney Way:

round-peg-square-hole.jpg

Timothy_Q

It’s been stated a few times that the plan is to give Star Tours a new IP a couple years after SWL opens

Bocabear

I think they're changing his color to a light fuschia/pinkish hue, adding feathers, and giving his eyes a sadder less threatening look.
also, he will now be holding a cupcake...and the smellitzer system salvaged from Horizons will spray "birthday cake" scent each time he appears on the ride... to no one's surprise, they will be selling cupcakes in the gift shop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom