Is Going to Walt Disney World in October a good idea?

wdwfan100

Not to sound like a broken record, but we love Oct0ber too. We are going this Oct. and can't wait. The crowds are thinner, though the park hours are not usually as long as during the summer. This just allows you to enjoy other aspects of the Disney resort a little more. I would highly recommend an October stay.

in october, i thought hurricane season in the area would still yield rains and winds at the minimum... someone set me straight... :confused::shrug::veryconfu

Actually historically, October has half the rainfall of August and 1/3 of the rainfall of June and July. It is actually usually dry. Though that is no guarantee that it is always dry, obviously.

JxnMan20

I highly recommend October as well. I've been the first week of Oct for the last 2 years, and they were both great trips. The weather can still be hot, but the crowds are much better.

The first week of October this year is being traded off for the first 2 weeks of December!! :xmas::sohappy:

diddy_mouse

What a wonderful time to go! We're heading back this October and we are so looking forward to it. We'll be there the second week of the month celebrating our anniversary. The crowds are very manageable as is the weather. F&W Festival is wonderful and we'll be doing MNSSHP again this year.

Can't wait! :sohappy:

thevader1376

I'm also going this year in late October and I've read/heard nothing but good things about it. Plus if you follow the crowd levels over at www.touringplans.com October is about the least crowded month of the year, and the people at touringplans.com are usually right one with their crowd level predictions. You'll have a blast!!

HeatherK

I'm going during that time with my bf. I am leaving my house (Long Island NY) in the car at say 7pm on monday sept 29th and getting there sept 30th and leaving sunday oct 4th. We are actually going for the purpose of MNSSHP (for me :)) & Universal Horror Nights (for the bf :)).

I was down there for my CP last fall session, and I had some friends come for the fri/sat/sun of columbus day weekend. It was not packed except for MK on that sunday (the day before columbus) so thats why I figured it wouldnt be too bad.

Hrudey3032

I'm also going this year in late October and I've read/heard nothing but good things about it. Plus if you follow the crowd levels over at www.touringplans.com October is about the least crowded month of the year, and the people at touringplans.com are usually right one with their crowd level predictions. You'll have a blast!!

I think January may be the least crowded month but October is fantastic time to go.We went there once in October and the weather was perfect(minus that little hurricane called Irene)If we can I hope to go back in October again.

MinnieLee

A GREAT time to go. We have been going 11 years for 10 days the last week of October. The weather is fantastic (no humidity), the crowds are not bad, you have the Food & Wine, MNSSHP, the haunted hay ride at Wilderness Campgrounds and can get a jump start on your Christmas shopping! Anytime is a good time to go but October is our favorite.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom