Is Exxon Leaving the Building?

rzalaskus

Original Poster
Rumors (from the questionable Screamscape) are flying around that Exxon Mobil is pulling out of Universe of Energy pavilion after the end of its contract - 2004. I could understand: what does the oil-magnate expect in returns from a theme park? Anways, what's your opinion?

Dayma

wow! they're dropping like flies!

There is problably a huge waiting list for sponsors. Some of these companies have been sponosors since it opened and I thought that they were never supposed to last that long anyways...

SirNim

And UOE just got a brand new sign too :( with the EXM logo on it...!:( :(

*takes it with a grain of salt, and some pepper with sugar mixed in to balance out the salinity*:)

Originally posted by SirNimajneb
And UOE just got a brand new sign too :( with the EXM logo on it...!:( :(

*takes it with a grain of salt, and some pepper with sugar mixed in to balance out the salinity*:)

What about baking soda...need to keep that pH down. And what does Exxon have to gain from disney? Gas profits? I think its time a nuclear company stepped up to the plate and removed the polluters...

Dayma

And what does Exxon have to gain from disney?

Companies like Tabacco and Alchol advertise AGAINST their own products because of court rulings.

For Exxon it looks really good when you are trying to promote a clean air solution by educating people.

Originally posted by blackride
Companies like Tabacco and Alchol advertise AGAINST their own products because of court rulings.

For Exxon it looks really good when you are trying to promote a clean air solution by educating people.

Good point, but they haven't been ordered by a court to do so. I don't ride UOE and think...wow, Exxon is what should be in my gas tank ( although i have an ExxonMobil gas card ) but thats not the reason i got it lol.

Pioneer Hall

I hope this doesn't happen, only because so many things have lost sponsors lately. All that will be left in Epcot will be Kodak, Nestle, GM and HP.

That leaves the fate of the rest of the Pavilions up for grabs. Without sponsors, UoE, WoL, LS, and SE have no guarantee of staying like they are (we already are fairly sure that SE is getting a new attraction).

Just want to get you prepared if an announcement like that happens for another original in the near future.

Dayma

Like I said before I am sure Disney has a waiting list for sponsorships. If Microsoft is rumored to be next in line for SSE there has to be others.

Why worry. Would Walt have wanted it to stay the same? No, Epcot is an ever changing community. That is all it is doing, so why do people fuss so much because an old outdated attraction is being updated to better suit the current state of the world we live in?

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
Why worry. Would Walt have wanted it to stay the same? No, Epcot is an ever changing community. That is all it is doing, so why do people fuss so much because an old outdated attraction is being updated to better suit the current state of the world we live in?

I'm not fussing. I am warning. I like change for the most part. I am just telling the people here who think that Epcot is meant to be a museum that when the sponsors leave, change is almost inevitable.

Pioneer Hall

Like I said before I am sure Disney has a waiting list for sponsorships. If Microsoft is rumored to be next in line for SSE there has to be others.

Then why don't Wonders of Life, Living Seas, Space Mountain, and Illuminations not have sponors? Obviously the companies are not lining up if they don't want the best fireworks show and one of the best known rides in the world.

Dayma

Then why don't Wonders of Life, Living Seas, Space Mountain, and Illuminations not have sponors?

Do we know for a fact that all rides are up for sponsors? I mean does Disney let people sponsor anything or are somethings just not available?

Do we know for a fact that all rides are up for sponsors? I mean does Disney let people sponsor anything or are somethings just not available?

I think disney can choose whether or not they want to let someone sponsor an attraction. It could be they are waiting for the right company to choose to sponsor it and give the attractions the face-lifts they deserve.

hail2pitt1103

I dont know how long the line is for companies lined up to sponsors...i know from my CP days that Innoventions hasnt had a new sponsor since Segway, even with the loss of Xerox, Monsanto, RSNA, the broadband connection sponsor, and even motorola soon if I can remember correctly. Unfortunately the economy is awful, and with companies having to lay off and downsize it doesnt make too much financial sense to drop big $ to be a sponsor. things will pick up, and if not i guess we'll be seeing project genesis....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom