Is Epcot a Two Day Park? Or Less?

DisneySpring

I'm planning out our days for November depending on the ADRs I was able to get. I already know we'll spend one full day in the World Showcase, since it's pretty big and Food and Wine will be going on. We also have two evening ADRs for Garden Grill and Coral Reef, so I know we'll be going back to Epcot at least two more times during our 2 week stay.

So my question is: Is it reasonable to expect that we can do Future World in a couple afternoons? I had originally planned an entire second day at Future World, along with a third evening for dinner and Illuminations, but looking at the map, it doesn't look like there is enough to justify a whole day there? Is it likely that we could do The Seas and The Lands attractions in one afternoon and everything else in Future World in one evening between dinner and Illuminations?

Mark P.

If you're not planning on doing any Future World attractions at rope drop, you'll need two additional days beyond your World Showcase day (assuming you're doing a Frozen FP+) just to make sure you can FP+ the other two Tier 1 attractions that need them (Soarin' and Test Track).

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Epcot is a 1 1/2-day park for us -- a rope drop, plus part of an evening (to FP+ another Tier 1 attraction), for Future World (skipping only Ellen and Innoventions), and two evenings for World Showcase (skipping 1 or 2 of the 3 films, but stopping at every pavilion and doing the other WS attractions, and having 2 TS meals).

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I honestly don't understand the question... :cautious:

Whether I'm on a solo trip or going with my son, I can enjoy any given park for whatever amount of time I'm there. I generally plan an even number of days at all the parks based on how long my trip is. I've NEVER been bored to the point I wanted to leave a park early and go to a different one. The only time I park hop is if more than one headliner ride goes 101 or the park is ridiculously over-crowded for the time of year.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

It really depends on you !!!

Have you been to WDW before ? Have you been to EPCOT before ?

If the answer to either is "no" then you'll want at least 2 full days to take it all in, and then probably want to go back for more. If you have been to EPCOT previously, you can tailor your experience to suit your needs and timeframe - knowing what you want to see and experience again.

Upvote 0

DisneySpring

Original Poster
It really depends on you !!!

Have you been to WDW before ? Have you been to EPCOT before ?

If the answer to either is "no" then you'll want at least 2 full days to take it all in, and then probably want to go back for more. If you have been to EPCOT previously, you can tailor your experience to suit your needs and timeframe - knowing what you want to see and experience again.

This is a first trip for everyone. :) It sounds like I should just leave the original 2 days as planned (one for WS and one for FW). Since we've never been before, I'll just have a backup plan of park hopping the afternoon of the second day, if we get bored or run out of stuff to do.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

My son and I can do Epcot in one day, without FPs. We enter at rope drop and ride Test Track (single rider), then Energy, skip Mission Space, catch Jammitors, stroll thru Mouse Gear then back to World Showcase, beginning with Mexico and working our way around the countries. We stop at the Liberty Inn for lunch and then continue on. We visit most all the countries, check out the stores, may or may not see the film. (Used to spend a couple hours in Canada seeing Off Kilter.) Head back up to Imagination, the Seas and the Lands, drop in Club Cool, return to Mouse Gear to pick up anything we liked when in there earlier and then take a ride on Spaceship Earth. Usually leaving the park by 7pm to head out and get dinner. We sometimes stay for fireworks but not everytime.

Upvote 0

jrogue

My family and I always try to spend as much time as possible in Epcot, so if you are planning on trying to do everything there is there then I'd say you need at least two days, if not more. If your family is leaving any rides or attractions out then you won't need the two full days.

Upvote 0

morningstar

I was gonna say you can almost do Future World and World Showcase in one day, if you don't mind missing a few Future World attractions, and don't need to go into every shop in World Showcase. But since you are setting aside a whole day for World Showcase, I think you can definitely finish Future World in two half days, as long as they are real half days. I'm a little concerned when you talk about between dinner and Illuminations. That could be as short as an hour or two depending on your dinnertime and the park schedule.

I'd say the first day you have an ADR, hop to Epcot early in the afternoon, and do as much as you can before dinner. Then see how much you have left to do and plan when to arrive the other day accordingly.

It should be doable. You can knock out at least two out of three of Test Track, Mission: Space, and Soarin' with fastpasses on two different days. The other attractions have short to reasonable standby lines.

Upvote 0
Hi. We are pass holders and we still go to Epcot for two days. There is plenty to do. We usually go for the rides and aquarium during the day. Then world showcase in the afternoon and at night. Then we will spend another morning/afternoon in world showcase.
During Food and Wine, there is sooooo much to see and eat, that you will want to pace yourself!! Enjoy!

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

On a two week stay? Yeah, I'd spend at least two full days at Epcot (or four half days or the equivalent).

Also, why come back to Epcot just for dinner on two days when you're not in the park? Wouldn't it be easier just to do you Epcot dinners on the days you're at Epcot anyways?

Upvote 0

TXDisney

For me it friends on who's going. Generally speaking kids aren't thrilled over Epcot. Not a ton of rides for young kids and WS is for adults mostly. It's our favorite park bc we enjoy having drinks, eating and going in the shops in WS and like the rides at Epcot. But we're in our young 39s with no kids. Once we have kids I'm sure Epcot won't be the same as it is now to us. So if you have lil ones I'd say a day, but if you have older kids or no kids I'd say 2 days.

Upvote 0

UberPlannerMom

Food and Wine is going to slow you down just because EPCOT will be packed while you are there. That definitely depends upon the day as well. I learned the hard way to just stay away on the weekends. Monday worked out much better. Also, if you are planning on hitting the food and wine booths plan on those lines being just as long as some ride lines. Seriously, some of them were crazy. Honestly, I wouldn't bother with an ADR if I was doing the booths. We were stuffed just from all of the little booth snacks we got and that was splitting each one six ways!

As for whether or not you need a whole day for future world- I think that is dependent upon your personality. Are you going to actually look at the everything in the seas? Are you planning on doing all the post show areas at test track? Or are you a get in, ride the rides and move on kind of person? If you are the first then take a day if the second then a half day will do it. It's all up to you. You have a long enough trip that I would just plan to enjoy it all.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

There's a lot to do at Epcot. The question is, are they things you want to do? For some people taking their time through the WS pavilions and maybe The Living Seas, strolling, checking out exhibits, the art, the gardens, the architecture, is a big deal. For other people, they want to hit the major attraction and everything else is meh.

Upvote 0

JohnD

I'm planning out our days for November depending on the ADRs I was able to get. I already know we'll spend one full day in the World Showcase, since it's pretty big and Food and Wine will be going on. We also have two evening ADRs for Garden Grill and Coral Reef, so I know we'll be going back to Epcot at least two more times during our 2 week stay.

So my question is: Is it reasonable to expect that we can do Future World in a couple afternoons? I had originally planned an entire second day at Future World, along with a third evening for dinner and Illuminations, but looking at the map, it doesn't look like there is enough to justify a whole day there? Is it likely that we could do The Seas and The Lands attractions in one afternoon and everything else in Future World in one evening between dinner and Illuminations?

I usually plan on two days. A good strategy is east side one day and west the other. Add SSE to one of those.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

This is a first trip for everyone. :) It sounds like I should just leave the original 2 days as planned (one for WS and one for FW). Since we've never been before, I'll just have a backup plan of park hopping the afternoon of the second day, if we get bored or run out of stuff to do.

Anyone can rush through EP in one day and say they did it. But they didnt really see and experience it to the fullest. Theres a lot to fill up your day if you really take your time to look. Every pavilion has unique displays, shops, and culture to absorb. Each pavilion has interesting CM's to converse with who can educate you on whats really there for you. I never appreciated the park years ago when I first went, but now I've learned to really take my time and see all it has to offer. Wander around the Boardwalk as well, theres more there in a short walking distance that can add to your day. AND Illuminations is worth seeing twice too.

Upvote 0

Superpocky

2 days minimum! I can do 3 or 4 if i had the time. My daughter who is 8 loves the play grounds in Epcot and can spend a lot of time there and make new friends! While she's playing I usually go photographing or looking for drinks :hungry:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom