Is Disneyland Paris better than the parks at WDW?

gustaftp

I have never been to Paris, my son when he was in high school his class took a trip to Paris and his only comment was the people of Paris were the most nasty people and he would never go back. Have others found this of Parisians? They went on to Barcelona and loved it.
I have been to Paris several times. I have not experienced rudeness, and even made friends whom I trained parkour with and who took me into the Catacombs for quite an adventure!

My experience is that the French really just want you to make a concerted effort to TRY and speak the language and appreciate their culture while you are there.

Sir_Cliff

Smoking is a real turn off.

I prefer the CMs though, a lot of the enthusiasm in WDW comes across as fake. I would say it’s a cultural thing though, most Americans are perceived as over expressive in Europe, likewise were often seen lacking expressiveness.
I find this a really interesting point of comparison. I kind of appreciate the (albeit fake) enthusiasm at WDW as part of the whole experience, but that is also something a lot of foreigners find quintessentially American and expect on vacation. There is, though, something nice about the more straightforward service at DLP and sharing a sincere if un-pixie dusted comment with someone rather than exchanging pleasantries through forced smiles. I've also been very impressed at how good the DLP CMs are at switching between languages at a moment's notice in shops, taking orders at QS, etc. So, for me it's a bit of a wash regarding CMs in WDW vs. DLP.

Living in The Netherlands where service ranges from very friendly to people acting like they're doing you a massive favour by allowing you to give them money (if they ever do), I have a feeling a Disney would have always had to tone down the enthusiasm levels to prevent annoying European guests.

Last edited:

Uncle Scrooge

Paris is a great park and I hope to being going back for my fifth visit next year. Visually, on the surface, it's great however upkeep is not always a priority and what I mean by upkeep is damaged concrete on the pavements in Fantasyland for instance. If you look closley it can look quite dishevelled but if you're there to enjoy and be immersed you'd hardly notice.

The number of restaurants in the park is not huge and they are not always open so choice can be limited when in the park. On the flip side, the restaurants in the hotels provide a good alternative if you've gone back to your room to recharge before the evening show and fireworks.

It's less crowded than WDW, the transport hub is pretty much outside the front gates. You can stay in a hotel overlooking the park itself, the castle is amazing, Big Thunder is the best version of the 3 I've ridden (MK, DL and DLP), Indiana Jones may be short but is a great entry level E ticket for older kids. Crushes Coaster and Remy are great (Studios Park, I know), hotels are properly on site i.e. no more than 20 minute walk from the gate.

As a Brit it is pretty easy to get to. The train station is literally in resort so no need to fly, get transfers, take kids across Paris, etc plus if you book through Disney they distribute park tickets on the train and take your luggage when you arrive allowing you to jump off the train and go straight into the park

Goofyernmost

Disneyland Paris has a nice, different park, but I honestly wasn't all that impressed. The castle is spectacular and from what I understand it isn't plastic. The rest was OK, but the biggest flaw is that for some unknown reason a lot of the stuff, was in French and it appeared that most of the guest seemed to be speaking French as well. Go figure!

This just sprung back to my memory. On the way back from DLP on the train to Paris, we were in a double decker train car. There was standing room only and a lady was standing on the bottom step heading up to the top deck when the train made a suddenly start. She lost her balance and fell toward me. I caught her and never got so much as a Merci or even a get your hands off me from her. I have had problems with that shoulder ever since. I'm sure she was embarrassed so I really am not upset about it but I do remember it every time I try to put my hand over my head or try to lift with my right arm. I know I made the effort to Merci beaucoup'd myself all over France.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom