Is Disney Losing DVC Members/Contracts due to Covid??

Club Cooloholic

Which is understandable. My patterns started changing years ago. I don't buy APs anymore, I don't buy tickets for our first and last day anymore either. Pricing structures have changed, and the value is not there.

I still find value in my DVC, we just use it a little differently.

Very likely we are going to get hosed this year thanks to COVID - we have a Dec trip to use up points that we will otherwise loose, but it looks like Florida is still going to be a "quarantine when you get back home " state for us. And while I can do so (currently working from home) my wife is a teacher - so that option is not on the table. So, I loose a bunch of points. Yeah, it stinks, but you know what? In the grand scheme of things, it could be much worse. Nobody is sick, we all have our jobs, we get our full allotment of points next year, and we will have airline credits like crazy.

2020 is not a pattern change, it is an anomaly, and needs to be worked through as such.
Someone told me what going rates are for rooms on the WDW site for the week we are there in November. I am feeling like I am getting good value out of my DVC comparing to those!

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Exactly. There seems to be some who think it will never change, and are disgusted and want to sell. Wrong attitude. Things will eventually improve to the point of being like normal times. It might be 2022 for that to happen. Time will tell.
My gut says many of the people who are "disgusted and want to sell" are those who were already dissatisfied with their DVC purchase. The current situation is a perfect way to justify their selling their contracts while blaming DVC for (in their eyes) not* delivering on what was promised. 🤷‍♀️

*Added, because key words are key 😝

Last edited:

Minthorne

Which is understandable. My patterns started changing years ago. I don't buy APs anymore, I don't buy tickets for our first and last day anymore either. Pricing structures have changed, and the value is not there.

Very likely we are going to get hosed this year thanks to COVID - we have a Dec trip to use up points that we will otherwise loose, but it looks like Florida is still going to be a "quarantine when you get back home " state for us. And while I can do so (currently working from home) my wife is a teacher - so that option is not on the table. So, I loose a bunch of points. Yeah, it stinks, but you know what? In the grand scheme of things, it could be much worse. Nobody is sick, we all have our jobs, we get our full allotment of points next year, and we will have airline credits like crazy.

2020 is not a pattern change, it is an anomaly, and needs to be worked through as such.
I took a short trip the end of September to use points and I am from a "quarantine when you get back home" state, but we also have the option to get a COVID test. I got a rapid test the day I got back instead for $160 and was freed from the requirement. But I still self isolated for 5 days after coming back just to be sure.

cmwade77

You should be able to put the point into RCI if you can't use them, not perfect, but at least it is something.

Phonedave

Well there are a few reputable firms that you could potentially sell your expiring points for this use year.

The problem is, noting is set in stone right now. We are still booked for end of December - and we want to go. However, things are not looking good right now. So now we are stuck between cancelling and renting or waiting (in the hoped of actually going) until it is really too late to rent and then just cancelling and moving them to RCI

nickys

Premium Member
Well there are a few reputable firms that you could potentially sell your expiring points for this use year.
I wouldn’t think so. The glut of reservations the two main brokers are trying to sell were numbering 1500+ Supply is exceeding demand right now.

I had a cancelled reservation through a broker, and despite having had those points listed with them since March haven’t heard a single peep out of them since - no potential renters for them and they expire in a month. Luckily I rented them out myself and am doing the same with my next set of points.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom