Is DHS next?

disneyinsider1

Original Poster
Hearing all the rumors on this site about Star Wars land,Pixar Place expansion,Muppets land, and anything else.... I really just want to call up Disney Imagineering and tell them all these ideas so something could actually be done!! I really don't think how MGM opened a year earlier than Universal was a good idea now... I really hope Disney is considering something big for this small park,cause it needs to be done.Also if they do something BIG that would lower the lines for the Big long line attractions in the park....If they tare down the empty sound stages that would open up BIG expansion,also taring down the city scapes could also make way for something big also there's tons of land available back along that area,also back behind were Studio Backlot is,And LMA is tons of land... considering that Avatar Land is coming to AK,could Disney be up to more big movie themed lands for DHS??

Cosmic Commando

What's your definition of something BIG? Whenever I'm at DHS, the lines for ToT and RnRC aren't too bad. Star Tours hasn't had huge waits. Really, the only ridiculous line is TSMM. DHS needs more C and D tickets that the whole family can ride together.

Cmdr_Crimson

Hearing all the rumors on this site about Star Wars land,Pixar Place expansion,Muppets land, and anything else.... I really just want to call up Disney Imagineering and tell them all these ideas so something could actually be done!!

Too Bad they never go for guests suggestions.

If they tare down the empty sound stages that would open up BIG expansion,also taring down the city scapes could also make way for something big also there's tons of land available back along that area.

I don't think that would be a good outcome if they have no place to put The Osborne spectical.

menamechris

Unfortunately, I don't think Disney is very upset about the park's attendance yet. I am sure their eyes are watching it since it fell behind AK for the first time last year, but it is the smallest park - and I actually don't think it would take much for it to close for capacity reasons if something BIG were to go in there. And I may be wrong, but expansion seems like it would be fairly difficult. Just some thoughts...

wdwfan4ver

I agree that DHS needs more attractions, but some of the attractions really need to replaced first. Sounds Dangerous and Studios Backlot Tour need to be replaced.

I oppose adding more 1 more "E" ticket attraction for DHS without adding more "C" or "D" ticket attractions.

I don't think you are going to make people that consider it a half a day park to full day park with adding more thrill rides in some cases. Adding more thrill rides isn't going to help families that have children that can't meet height restrictions for attractions. The other people that adding more thrill rides wouldn't help spend more time in the park is people that have medical issues such as heart issues in the past, fibromyalgia as examples of people with medical problems that can't go on thrill rides.

The other thing to look at is women that are pregnant go to WDW theme parks also and it is question mark on what thrill rides a pregnant women can handle. I read on different forums in the past that posters said DHS was a bad theme park for theme while pregnant because there isn't a lot of stuff to do without thrill rides.

jjharvpro

I've just had this feeling that when all the big-doings over at DCA are done (Carsland and Buena Vista Street) that WDI will come over to DHS and say, "Something needs to be done here.." And they bring in a major expansion. I love DHS, but it needs more.

I agree that DHS needs more attractions, but some of the attractions really need to replaced first. Sounds Dangerous and Studios Backlot Tour need to be replaced.

I oppose adding more 1 more "E" ticket attraction for DHS without adding more "C" or "D" ticket attractions.

I don't think you are going to make people that consider it a half a day park to full day park with adding more thrill rides in some cases. Adding more thrill rides isn't going to help families that have children that can't meet height restrictions for attractions. The other people that adding more thrill rides wouldn't help spend more time in the park is people that have medical issues such as heart issues in the past, fibromyalgia as examples of people with medical problems that can't go on thrill rides.

The other thing to look at is women that are pregnant go to WDW theme parks also and it is question mark on what thrill rides a pregnant women can handle. I read on different forums in the past that posters said DHS was a bad theme park for theme while pregnant because there isn't a lot of stuff to do without thrill rides.

I don't think when Imagineers are designing rides they are worrying about if pregnant women can ride it. What percentage of WDW guests are pregnant women? And if you're pregnant, you know you can't go on many rides anyway. However, I do agree with your point that maybe a few C and D ticket attractions need to be added before any more E tickets. Personally, I would love more thrill rides that also have the intricate theming Disney does so well, but most people can get enough thrills from ToT and RnRC.

wdwfan4ver

I don't think Star Wars Expansion is possible because you have think what Lucas asking price might be.

The only way the fake buildings from Streets of America gets tear down is if the The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights no longer exists. I don't see that happening for the Disney side of things because there would a huge uprear that Disney can't do a positive spin on and don't have an excuse to keep the fake buildings. If the The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights no longer exists, it would be due to the Osborne family.

I went to DHS in late August and attractions really don't have long lines outside of Toy Story Midway Mania like others mentions. I went on Star Tours: adventures continue multiple times and I didn't see a big line at all.

Crockett

Banned
DHS has already added 4 big new rides since it's grand opening in 1989:
Star Tours
ToT
RnRc
and TSMM

That's 4 big new one's in almost 23 years. Give the park a chance to catch it's breath for crying out loud. :shrug:

SMS55

This is probably the park that needs the biggest overhaul. When I go to Hollywood Studios I only care to ride Tower of Terror, Rockin' Rollercoaster and Star Tours. Nothing else really calls my attention.

menamechris

DHS has already added 4 big new rides since it's grand opening in 1989:
Star Tours
ToT
RnRc
and TSMM

That's 4 big new one's in almost 23 years. Give the park a chance to catch it's breath for crying out loud. :shrug:

But that's not impressive when you consider the park only opened with ONE ride and a tram tour. The additions have not been added to a full roster of attractions - they were necessary to actually develop the place into something that somewhat resembles a theme park....

Thrill Seeker

Studios needs a lot of work still. Out of all the parks, especially since now DAK has Avatar coming in the future, it needs the most work. I'd love to see at least one or two high capacity dark rides come in as well as fixing up existing attractions, such as The Great Movie Ride. Backlot Tour needs to be removed and replaced with something people actually want to do. Sounds Dangerous and the former Narnia spot could also use new, smaller attractions. Hopefully something new will be coming to DHS in the not too distant future.

SMS55

To be honest....The park that really needs it is Epcot...Think about it.

I still think it's Hollywood Studios. Epcot has gotten a total makeover from what it was when it opened. Horizons and World of Motion have been replaced with Mission Space and Test Track respectively. Living Seas has a makeover. We have Soarin'. Spaceship Earth has gotten more interactive.
At Hollywood Studio outside of Test Track and Rockin Rollercoaster nothing really else screamed as must do. Star Tours new overhaul made it more fun and something to add to my must do when I am there , but other than that nothing else screams out at me.

wdwfan4ver

To be honest....The park that really needs it is Epcot...Think about it.

I know Test Track is going to be under refurbishment starting later next year, but the whole park doesn't need help like DHS does. Epcot only needs help with Imagination Pavilion, Circle of Life, and Universe of Energy. Epcot can't have a total make over because the make over happened years ago. If you were at Epcot in 1991 like I was, you could see a lot differences between than and now.Adding another country to World Showcase is not a must and it really can't happen right now do to the economy right now and political issues at some parts of the world.

DHS has a lot more issues in terms of attractions. Great Movie ride needs a refurbishment or changes. Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular hasn't been changed since it was opened. Sounds Dangerous is a waste of space. Studio Backlot Tour is a shell of its former self. American Idol Experience does not have as many shows a day as it first did because it is not as popular as expected. Muppet Vision 3-D hasn't changed for the most part since it first opened. Fantasmic! since October has stuff that no longer works. The other problem with DHS is part of it acts like it is still a live studio and that is a problem because DHS hasn't been used as a live studio since its early days. Toy story Midway Mania lines are still insane because of the little amount of "c" or "d" attractions. Journey into Narnia was a bad attraction, but the space now not being used at all.

invader

- EPCOT Center is getting a tad run down
- Magic Kingdom is getting a tad run down, many rides in dire need of refurbishment
- Animal Kingdom needs a major expansion (construction hasn't started so..)
- MGM Studios is in my opinion, lifeless with many wastes of space

Almost all the parks need some love, hopefully once Shanghai :)hurl:) is done, they'll get it.

menamechris

HS is definetly in need of more help than Epcot. While Epcot has its unfortunate spots, it still has far more going on for it it terms of rides and entertainment. A visitor can easily spend a couple days in Epcot. I have a hard time filling a couple hours at HS, unless its peak season with outrageous wait times...

Crockett

Banned
But that's not impressive when you consider the park only opened with ONE ride and a tram tour. The additions have not been added to a full roster of attractions - they were necessary to actually develop the place into something that somewhat resembles a theme park....
I was being sarcastic, and do agree that DHS is really lacking considering it's age & comparison to other parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom