Is Consierge limited to Consierge guests only?

Candyapple

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if consierge has ever helped anyone staying in the regular rooms. The reason I ask is because it will be my DD's 5th b-day next Wednesday and we need to make it extra special, maybe a cake or something. Is it possible to pay or tip consierge so that they can help me with this? Or are they exclusively for the higher paying guests?

If anyone has requested such a thing before please give me advice on what to do.

Thanks!!!:wave:

wannabeBelle

Hi there and welcome!!! I cant say for certain about the Concierge service, but I know that you can request a cake to be served whereever you are planning on having breakfast or dinner that day. A good plac might be Hef Mickey's for breakfast. Kingdom Konsultant had her Mom's B day there and they did a whole thing there, including giving her a birthday button, singing to her, and providing a cupcake for her. Look up Kingdom Konsultant's trip report for complete details!! Good luck!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I don't know what exactly you had in mind, but here's what you can do that is FREE for a birthday.

Get a "Today is my Birthday" button at City Hall in MK. (I think these are available at other parks, but I just don't know the locations. I would suspect Guest Relations would have them)

I marched my 14 (!) year old into City Hall and told the CM that today was my little boy's birthday. She dialed the phone and handed it to him: it was Goofy singing "Happy Birthday". Then she gave him the button.

All day, CMs wished him "Happy Birthday".

When I made the PS for dinner, I told them it was his birthday. After dinner, they sang to him, and brought a HUGE cupcake. (it had frosting at least 3 inches thick, and the cupcake itself was at least 4 inches in diameter--"giant muffin" size.)

Of course, we had stuffed ourselves silly at the buffet, so didn't have much room for the cupcake.

I'm sure you can get anything you want--if you pay for it. It's good to know that for no additional $$ you can get quite the fuss made over the "birthday kid"

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by Candyapple
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if consierge has ever helped anyone staying in the regular rooms. The reason I ask is because it will be my DD's 5th b-day next Wednesday and we need to make it extra special, maybe a cake or something. Is it possible to pay or tip consierge so that they can help me with this? Or are they exclusively for the higher paying guests?

Not sure if it would be consierge, but just ask at the front desk. They may refer you to the consierge staff to help you out, or do it themselves.

I know the consierge staff for AKL is on a floor that you cannot get to unless you have a consierge room key, so us just wouldn't be able to walk up to them there. Not sure about the other resorts.

If all else fails, always ask at the front desk. I'm sure they will help you out. But give them some time, ask early.

Upvote 0

Maria

Re: Re: Is Consierge limited to Consierge guests only?

Originally posted by AkiraRaptor
Not sure if it would be consierge, but just ask at the front desk. They may refer you to the consierge staff to help you out, or do it themselves.

If all else fails, always ask at the front desk. I'm sure they will help you out. But give them some time, ask early.

I agree. Ask Front Desk. Most likely, they will get in touch with Concierge or do as Concierge does. Give them time, and write down who you talked to and do some follow up if possible.

Get the button at GR and tell every cast member it´s his bday -you could be surprised at what they can do too! :animwink:

Upvote 0

dox

Do a search for concierge related threads. I recall reading recently in a thread re: either the poly or akl concierge about someone on here who had a regular room but had access to the concierge level. However, if you are merely interested in the cake issue, contact the front desk. I know disney does tons of things , but not for free, at guest's requests prior to checking in..everything from fruit baskets, chocolates, balloons, etc.

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

We stayed at the Polynesian in December and all my mom did was mention to the people at the front desk that it was my father's birthday and when we got back to the room that night they had set up our own little "mini-party" free of charge. There was a small (about 9 inch) cake with mickey, four party hats, noisemakers, a balloon, confetti, a certificate wishing him a happy day, and some themed plates, napkins, and utencils. It was really very nice considering it was free. Just inquire at the front desk. Let us know how it turns out!

Upvote 0

LoriL

I think you may be confusing two different types of service. I think that all, if not most, of the Deluxe hotels have a concierge desk near the check-in desk, which is staffed by a cast member who can answer your questions and help you out, for example with the birthday cake you are looking for. This works like a concierge in a regular hotel. The cast members at the front desk can also help you with any special needs you may have. Disney wants every guest to feel special, and they will help you even if you are not paying for a concierge room.

Concierge rooms are more expensive rooms that are in a special area that is accessible only with a key to concierge level guests only. If you stay in a concierge room, there are other cast members assigned to your area to attend only to the needs of the concierge level guests. They will help you plan your itinerary, make meal reservations, and also help you with the same types of requests that you could direct towards the front desk people otherwise. Concierge level guests also have access to their own lounge, with snacks and drinks.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by LoriL
I think that all, if not most, of the Deluxe hotels have a concierge desk near the check-in desk, which is staffed by a cast member who can answer your questions and help you out, for example with the birthday cake you are looking for.

This is not the case at AKL. The concierge/itinerary service desk is one in the same. It's located on the sixth floor in the concierge lobby. Without a concierge room key, you cannot get to the sixth floor. Both the elevator and starwells require the key to access the floor.

In "regular" hotels this is true, it's usally near the front desk. At the other deluxe resorts it may be, I never stayed concierge at any other place other than AKL.

Upvote 0

TravisMT81

At the deluxe resorts front desk and guest services is combined. They can do anything that Concierge can do. Well except maybe get CRT. It is all the same thing just different names LOL.

Upvote 0

Candyapple

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I will ask at the front desk. I already have the little disney princess plates etc. Mind you its only 4 of us but I wanted her to come back to a decorated room with a cake. Since they dont allow balloons in AKL, I'm just gonna decorate the room while she sleeps the night before and surprise her when she awakes. The cake is for desert when we return from the Magic Kingdom that day. I'm so excited, probably more than my kids are. hehehehehe:) :lol: :) :lol: :)

Leaving Monday 6/9

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom