Is Christmas at WDW worth it?

heartodisney

picture.php

YES! It is worth it, make sure you take time to visit the resorts for their Christmas decorations..this is just a "taste" of what you will see! I know there has been other posts on this subject and some have said that there has been cut-backs..but you will enjoy!

DH and I are "first week of Dec. guests" also! By far, DH's favorite time to go to The World. (anytime I can go is my fav time, lol) Osborne Family Lights at DHS is an absolute must, AMAZING!! MVMCP is great also! :xmas: Go for it!

gallerie

We are going to Disney cruise Dec 2 and then WDW Dec 5-9 I can not wait it has been years since we have been there during the Christmas season.

JonnyK

Going the 1st/2nd week of dec is a good time to go.

3rd week (or 4th?) isnt fun when all these "Pop Warner Groups" comes in and would avoid going anywhere around them.

LoriMistress

DH and I have been to WDW from the 8th to the 19th, and it was truly magical. We loved the decorations, the Christmas spirit, the shows, fireworks, etc. We're planning our trip next year around the same time again.

wolf359

Pop Warner is the 4th through the 11th of December, so they're out of there long before the major holiday crowds arrive. From the 20th on and everyone is out of school is when it really starts getting busy.

JonnyK

Pop Warner is the 4th through the 11th of December, so they're out of there long before the major holiday crowds arrive. From the 20th on and everyone is out of school is when it really starts getting busy.

You're correct, i remember seeing them the first week of dec as well - dont like all the screaming and yelling they provide. its not that bad, but just to many crowd of groups.

durangojim

The Christmas season is a wonderful time to go with all of the shows and decorations at the resorts and parks. The only way I'd go during the Christmas/New years week is if I was an experienced WDW traveller and go often enough so I don't mind only getting on a few rides due to the lines, or I was only going for a short time to be in the parks during New Years Eve. If I only went to WDW once a year or less, I'd avoid that week and go during the beginning of December.

I do think it's worth it. We went the week before Christmas last year, we had a great time...but it was really crowded. I would suggest earlier in december if it's possible for you. It is something everyone should experience at least once it their lives...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom