Is Christmas at WDW worth it?

Book Belle

Original Poster
My grandparents are contemplating going to WDW for Christmas this year or next year. But with higher prices, more crowds, and missing family events, they aren't sure if it would be worth it. Are the extra Christmas decorations and shows really worth the hassle and money?

rsoxguy

Life is always a matter of personal preference, but in my opinion it is definitely worth the trip. WDW is beautiful at Christmas. The decorations, music, shows, etc. are fantastic during the Holidays. Go!

CoastalX

We have a trip planned for the first week in Dec and cant wait. I went in Dec back in 1995 and remember only a few things and I know after 15 years alot has changed, especially for the Holidays, but from eveything ive heard and read, it is one of the BEST times to visit WDW.

John

They should book there trip the second week of December. During christmas the parks are jammed packed. This way they can still enjoy Disney at christmas and make their family commitments. Theres a saying we have in the travel buisness....Its going to be b*tts to N*ts.

Chance

They should book there trip the second week of December. During christmas the parks are jammed packed. This way they can still enjoy Disney at christmas and make their family commitments. Theres a saying we have in the travel buisness....Its going to be b*tts to N*ts.

WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE!:sohappy:

grumpy 07

If you go between thanksgiving and december 20, you will pay a lot less for hotel and airfare and the crowds will be a lot less. The christmas shows, decorations and parties are definitely worth it.

wolf359

If you can avoid the actual Christmas to New Year week, I think you'll be okay. I highly recommend going the first or second week of December. It will be a lot less hectic and your grandparents will be able to enjoy the attractions and the decorations without the crush of the crowds.

majorrfb

Absolutely

If you can avoid the actual Christmas to New Year week, I think you'll be okay. I highly recommend going the first or second week of December. It will be a lot less hectic and your grandparents will be able to enjoy the attractions and the decorations without the crush of the crowds.[/QUOTE

Tell grandparents go week after Thanksgiving to the week before Christmas.
Christmas week through New Years Day is absolutely crazy with people. Hugh lines and long waiting times. Been there, done that and NEVER again. We now go First or second week in December. Our trip begins Dec. 5. Happy Holidays :ROFLOL::sohappy:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
December 23-January 1? You have to really like WDW to visit for the decorations and ambiance. Any time before then? Yes, it's definitely worth it.

JML42691

Having done it once I have to say that it is one of the best times of the year to go simply for the theming that they put into absolutely everything. However, the crowds can be very big and the prices are also up there too. If there is any way to go earlier in December then definitely do it, as the crowds won't be all that bad, but right around Christmas (the week before and the week between Christmas and New Years) the crowds can be pretty bad. But the theming alone is a reason to do it at least once.

Batphobic

We went last year the first week in December. Crowds were small. Prices were good (had a free dining plan promotion) and yet the Christmas decorations were up. It was a great time to go. I've not been later during Dec so I can't comment on the time nearer the holiday but we're very crowd averse so we avoid the high crowd times at all costs.

pacochran

From what I heard I would avoid Christmas week. We had friends who went and said never ever again.

That being said I would go during December sometimes, that is when we usually go and the Christmas decorations are definitely worth going that time of year.

audiotinker

Yeeeesss!!!!

I'll tell you last Dec. was our first Christmas at DW and it was amazing. My two most favorite things combined and it was truly awesome. The very best part was MVMCP and Holiday Wishes combined with the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade. Wow. It totally blew me away. I never had so much fun in my life. The parade was incredible, the show was amazing, and the castle show (can't remember what it was called right now) was also amazing. The whole thing was so memorable I can't imagine a better way to spend Christmas. The crowds were crazy at the party, but we just went with the knowledge that they would be and decided to forget about them and have a great time. Some people get so angry when its crowded but I don't really care as long as I can get where I'm going and still have a great time. From the decorations, to the snow on Main Street, Holiday Wishes, cookies and cocoa, the shows, the parades, Epcots Holidays around the world (amazing), Ozborne spectacular of lights (freaking ridiculously amazing) and the Jingle Jungle Parade at AK.... it goes on and on and I loved every single minute of it and want to go back RIGHT NOW!!!! Single best thing is MVMCP's Once upon a Christmastime Parade... holy smokes its amazing, long, and totally freaking happy! :sohappy: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom