Is Carousel of Progress closing?

Should the Carousel of Progress close?

• Total voters

WDWKelly

Original Poster
I've read, and MANY places, I may add, that have said that at the end of 2013, Carousal of Progress is closing! I never heard it here, though, or any other place I constantly am checking anymore. Does anyone know the true fate of the Carousal? -Kelly

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I've read, and MANY places, I may add, that have said that at the end of 2013, Carousal of Progress is closing! I never heard it here, though, or any other place I constantly am checking anymore. Does anyone know the true fate of the Carousal? -Kelly
Have not heard that in many places. Can you cite your places you have heard this?

djlaosc

Have not heard that in many places. Can you cite your places you have heard this?

WDW1974 said this on Tuesday...

The first part is VERY troubling given that TDO is looking to shutter CoP in the near future. But, again, this is their MO. You don't update attractions, you don't maintain them, you don't advertise them and then you use the lower guest counts as an excuse to do what you always wanted to do to begin with.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I googled it and found the top three references involved old threads from discussion forums and it's wiki article that referenced it seasonal operation after 911. As for the spirits comment, I missed that one.

WDWKelly

Original Poster
As for my vote, I don't think it should close (saw it for the first time on last visit), but I do think that it should be moved to Epcot, either as part of a new pavilion that included Horizons/Horizons 2.0, or into Innoventions.

you heard it could be moved to Epcot?

danv3

WDW1974 said this on Tuesday...
WDW1974 said:
The first part is VERY troubling given that TDO is looking to shutter CoP in the near future. But, again, this is their MO. You don't update attractions, you don't maintain them, you don't advertise them and then you use the lower guest counts as an excuse to do what you always wanted to do to begin with.

Dislike. Major dislike. :(

djlaosc

Wasn't horizons supposed to pick up where CoP left off, though? And you heard it'd be moved to Epcot?

I think that I have read that Horizons was the "sequel" to CoP. "There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" was used in one of the Horizons scenes.

I've not heard that it would be moved to Epcot - it's just that that is where I'd rather it go (it fits better in Epcot than Tomorrowland). It's something that's been talked about a lot on here, but I'm not sure if there were any plans to actually do it, or whether it was just an idea that a lot of people agreed should happen. I'm sure someone made a diagram that showed that CoP would fit into Innoventions though.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

COP closing is one of the most persistent rumors on Disney message board going back for many years. Not saying it won't happen, but rumors of this are nothing new, it's just the dates that change.

WDWKelly

Original Poster
I think that I have read that Horizons was the "sequel" to CoP.

I've not heard that it would be moved to Epcot - it's just that that is where I'd rather it go (it fits better in Epcot than Tomorrowland). It's something that's been talked about a lot on here, but I'm not sure if there were any plans to actually do it, or whether it was just an idea that a lot of people agreed should happen. I'm sure someone made a diagram that showed that CoP would fit into Innoventions though.

Ah, okay.

Scuttle

you heard it could be moved to Epcot?

Yes the first show scene is the same family as the CoP.

Also let's be real, this is TDO here, when they close CoP they will let it sit there for years deteriorating. It costs money to move it to Epcot and we know TDO will avoid that at all costs. No pun intended.

danv3

Also let's be real, this is TDO here, when they close CoP they will let it sit there for years deteriorating. It costs money to move it to Epcot and we know TDO will avoid that at all costs. No pun intended.

Agree. I hope it stays, but there's a 0% chance TDO pays to move it. There's probably a bigger chance TDA pays to ship it to DCA before TDO would pay to move it.

Calvin Coolidge

I'm not terribly attached to CoP continuing to run at its present location. If TDO wanted to fix Tomorrowland (haha like they would ever do that) and CoP ended up somewhere in Future World or back where Innoventions is not at DL's Tomorrowland, I would not lose a minute of sleep. That being said, it would be very, very disappointing if WALT'S FAVORITE ATTRACTION were to be totally shuttered.

djlaosc

Yes the first show scene is the same family as the CoP.

Yeah, believe me, as much as we would want it to be moved to Epcot, there is no way that I expect that they would actually do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom