Is Burton's Alice in Wonderland OK for children?

cdunbar

I had high hopes for the film, being an avid fan of the whole cast; I was excited from the first announcement. Having seen the film, it was good at face value. The movie didn't leave any time for character development. We were only presented the characters at face value and none really held much water. There was too much emphasis on Mad Hatter and not enough on Alice's feeling while traveling through Wonderland. It felt rushed through parts where there should of been more dialogue.

As for children seeing the film.. It is PG and our theater had plenty of children who didn't scream once or seem frightened, I'm sure yours will be just fine.

Enjoy!
Yeah like the mad hatter, and how he almost seems to have a split personality I wish they had developed that character more, but it was still a very well done and enjoyable film.

catinthehat

I agree that the strong message makes it a great film for kids...and anyone really. Cool to have a young female fighting to save the kingdom, you know?

What did you guys think of the Cheshire Cat? Very cool cat if you ask me!

voodoo321

What did you guys think of the Cheshire Cat? Very cool cat if you ask me![/QUOTE]

I agree. But one of the only bright spots in the movie.

Erika

The jabberwocky was definitely too much for my 4 year old. I covered her eyes for her.

Her review: loved the characters, didn't care for the movie. She is glad she went, and has talked a lot about it since, but has no desire to see it again. I think it was a little too scary for her. We saw the 2D version and I think that was wise- the 3D would have been way too intense.

I enjoyed it :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom