Is Boardwalk Worth It?

BoarderPhreak

I'm staying at the Boardwalk for the first time in a few months. Please tell me more about this Dole Whips with Captain Morgan thing!

They're sooooo good! It doesn't have to be Captain Morgan, but it's a great default! You can get them at Boardwalk Joe's, about in the middle of the Boardwalk itself. Look for this place:

i.php

SeaCastle

I think a lot of this sentiment is behind some of my apprehension. Maybe its more fun, for me, to be transported to some adventurous locale with exotic trees and decor for the week. I definitely get it. Getting a lot of positive reviews from all the posters has really helped to squelch my fears though. My wife will absolutely love it.

If you still have trepidation when you arrive I would encourage you and your family to take the time to explore and walk around the hotel and area. It does get richer the more you explore, and @righttrack is right in that the boardwalk itself is more or less the main lobby. Hop off the beaten path (or rather, stay on it!) and check out the Belle Vue Lounge, the quiet pool, Seabreeze Point, and other spaces throughout the hotel. It could also help to treat the whole EPCOT Resort area as your personal resort, as bustling as the Boardwalk area is made out to be it is really quite serene when you walk around the Swan & Dolphin and Yacht & Beach Clubs, sit on the beach, rent a boat, etc.

surfsupdon

Interesting. As a Boardwalk and Yacht/Beach snob, I never felt that Poly was even in the same category as any Deluxe Resort. It's nice, sure, but feels more moderate with a monorail. We were very underwhelmed with our stay at Poly, when compared to what we expect from an Epcot Deluxe.

Corgi

Take my word for it:

Staying in a hotel on the boardwalk is the best decision you ever make. However, the Beach & Yacht club are far supreme to the Boardwalk Inn in EVERY aspect. I’ve stayed in the Boardwalk and the Beach Club, and while I’m in love with the Beach Club, the boardwalk wasn’t my favorite. There’s no quick service except for a muffin/sandwich shop. The pool is only ok. We didn’t find that the service there too good.

However, the Beach Club has a quick service, sit-down restaurant, and one of the best pools you will ever find!

I love the Boardwalk area so so so much, I hope you enjoy it!

Minthorne

I feel the Crescent Lake resorts have the advantage of being all accessible by walking at all hours of the day. All the other resorts you are stuck at once the buses/monorail/boat stops running. (ok true, you can walk between Poly and GF or SSR and OKW but that's more a hike than a walk around the lake.)

ToTBellHop

Interesting. As a Boardwalk and Yacht/Beach snob, I never felt that Poly was even in the same category as any Deluxe Resort. It's nice, sure, but feels more moderate with a monorail. We were very underwhelmed with our stay at Poly, when compared to what we expect from an Epcot Deluxe.
It has multiple sit-downs, the rooms are quite large, I found the studios to be the most luxurious among the DVC resorts, and its pool complex is fantastic. You also get the straight-on view of Happily Ever After. Felt deluxe to me. About the only thing "moderate" to me was the multiple buildings but you didn't enter from outside of your room. By that argument, OKW and SSR are also moderates, but with fewer amenities, smaller rooms, and crappy transportation.

YES! The Boardwalk is worth it. And not to stir things up but Club level at the Boardwalk is also worth it. Tonight it's excellent seared tuna with a deliciously smooth heat and a crisp, sweet and tangy kale/ strawberry salad. Salmon, cream cheese, paper-thin red onions and capers for breakfast. Warm fresh kettle fries with a hint of honey and paprika. Pastries, cupcakes, tarts, fresh fruit. At night, Grand Marnier, Glennfiddich, or Kahlua on the balcony watching Illuminations. All you can eat (and perhaps drink-IDK, haven't tested that). The incredibly boisterously-joyful concert on Halloween on the green? Not even the chest-thumping bass made it through the walls. The rooms are really quiet. The entertainment on the boardwalk is varied, great people-watching. Walking the Boardwalk even after everything is shut down is just plain enjoyable. YMMV but for us it's been really worth it.

eliza61nyc

Personally, I don't really get the point of the Boardwalk (or Yacht Club or Beach Club or Grand Floridian or Contemporary or Swan or Dolphin). They're very nice hotels and they're themed... like very nice hotels. That's not why I go to Walt Disney World. I go to Walt Disney World to be immersed in a different place and time. I much prefer the Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, and even Fort Wilderness, Port Orleans, and Art of Animation. That's not to say the Boardwalk is "worse" than those locations, it's just not my taste.

I can see that but it's funny I find that is why I love the Beach club. it transports me to a sunny, fun different happier time in history (if only in mind). while I like WL it's dark and dreary to me. I agree it's highly themed but it's too much wood and dark colors. I gotta admit that we love it when we stayed but mainly because we went in August and the resort always felt so cool after a hot day in the parks.

So taste is absolutely a consideration. One of my absolute favorite things to do at walt disney? I wake up before most of the folks in my family, I go over to Boardwalk Bakery and get some Joe and a cinnamon bun (every thing is 0 calories at the world ;);)) then I sit out side and just listen. you'll hear the boat horns and the water lapping.
DSC_0455.JPG

some times I'll chat with Donald ducks cousins

DSC_0457.JPG

so it always transports me to another place

disneyflush

Original Poster
YES! The Boardwalk is worth it. And not to stir things up but Club level at the Boardwalk is also worth it. Tonight it's excellent seared tuna with a deliciously smooth heat and a crisp, sweet and tangy kale/ strawberry salad. Salmon, cream cheese, paper-thin red onions and capers for breakfast. Warm fresh kettle fries with a hint of honey and paprika. Pastries, cupcakes, tarts, fresh fruit. At night, Grand Marnier, Glennfiddich, or Kahlua on the balcony watching Illuminations. All you can eat (and perhaps drink-IDK, haven't tested that). The incredibly boisterously-joyful concert on Halloween on the green? Not even the chest-thumping bass made it through the walls. The rooms are really quiet. The entertainment on the boardwalk is varied, great people-watching. Walking the Boardwalk even after everything is shut down is just plain enjoyable. YMMV but for us it's been really worth it.

Super hungry now!

SAV

We haven't stayed there, but did resort hop one day to check out Boarwalk, Beach/Yacht club and I preferred the Beach Club vibe. My son didn't like the "Creepy Clown" Pool. But he loved Storm-a-long Bay(No, we didn't go in and pool hop, we just checked things out).

Overall, the boardwalk area was very cool.

awilliams4

Just returned from a 9 night 1 Bedroom stay at the BWV. I have been to Poly, Bay Lake Tower, OKW, AKL, BCV, Swan, Dolphin, WL, WLV, HHI and VB. The Boardwalk stay was one of the best. Walked to MGM, Walked to Epcot. Did some late night pizza runs, hit the Ample Hills creamery several times, hit the gym, two of the pools, very nice.

correcaminos

Take my word for it:

Staying in a hotel on the boardwalk is the best decision you ever make. However, the Beach & Yacht club are far supreme to the Boardwalk Inn in EVERY aspect. I’ve stayed in the Boardwalk and the Beach Club, and while I’m in love with the Beach Club, the boardwalk wasn’t my favorite. There’s no quick service except for a muffin/sandwich shop. The pool is only ok. We didn’t find that the service there too good.

However, the Beach Club has a quick service, sit-down restaurant, and one of the best pools you will ever find!

I love the Boardwalk area so so so much, I hope you enjoy it!

There are QS options around the Boardwalk area. Hard to tout BC's QS as being good. You either get salad and pizza QS indoors at the Marketplace or you get burger stuff just outside. IMO the bakery is better QS than either of the two at BC.

Maybe 5 or more years ago I would have agreed with your thoughts on food, but lately BC has me feeling flat.

I actually like the pool and slide at Boardwalk more than BC.

At night the Boardwalk can really light up (literally too) and it's fun to be around. Location is great too!

chrisbarry

The BoardWalk is certainly Deluxe and feels like it, but my family and the family we were traveling with both said that after staying there once, we wouldn't return. I know people love it there, but here's our experience:

- Didn't like having to leave the building just to get a quick bite or to fill up my mug, or to go to the shop.

We also had a lot of drunk experiences at The BoardWalk. Not sure if I'm alone in this experience. I have nothing against people drinking on vacation, but I got sick of the inebriated after a while.
- Depending on where your balcony overlooks, it can be pretty noisy. Our balcony looked out over the main plaza on the water side, so we had a nice view of the lake. We love to sit on the balcony and power down with a glass of wine late at night after a big park day. Can't tell you how many loud and obviously drunk folks stumbling back through this area to head back to a bus.
- This is just me, but I could deal without the drunks on Sunday watching football and screaming at the televisions at ESPN. They were spilling out onto the BoardWalk one day when we were headed back to our room and it popped my bubble.
- Only place in Disney where the following ever happened to us; took a bus back from parks to Yacht Club because BoardWalk bus was packed and an empty Yacht Club bus pulled up. Was enjoying the quiet walk back around the boardwalk. Passing by JellyRolls, two drunks rolled out and started making comments to my teenage daughter. My most un-Disney moment ever on property.

For the same price or close to it, I would be around the lake at The Yacht and Beach. Yacht is more tranquil. StormAlong Bay is exceptional. Nothing compares to it as a pool complex. You have all the same access to dining and shops and fun that exist a short walk away over at the BoardWalk, but you can retreat from it and head back to a bit more tranquility ay Yacht and Beach.

I'm not saying you won't enjoy it. Plenty of Disney fans LOVE the BoardWalk. These were just my feelings. I'm not headed back there to stay when Yacht and Beach are right there and offer the same access to Epcot and the Studios.

Last edited:

NeedMoreMickey

Stayed there in September and had a room near the quiet pool which was nice except getting to the room. The lobby is on the second floor so we had to go up and back down every time. Couldn’t get a room in BC or YC for January so heading back to Boardwalk. Deluxe resorts are more about location than themeing for me and being able to walk into a park or take a boat to most parks is worth it or us. Stayed at Saratoga Springs once and that was enough for me.

Disorbust

YBC was our family BEFORE the remodel. It is great being close to EP and HS and there is no other pool like Stormalong. However, if you are not spending much time in the pool it would not be worth it to me anymore and I would choose AKL. The quick service IMHO really sucks at YBC compared to the Mara. Our family dines more at Disney springs now . I can't comment on the BI but the Boardwalk can be fun for a night!

PeoplemoverTTA

We’ve stayed at Poly, Contemporary, SSR, OKW, Yacht Club and the Swan. We stayed at Boardwalk for our wedding/honeymoon and I loved it. We rented DVC points and only paid $220 a night with a view of SSE. We didn’t notice any noise from the BW, surprisingly, LOVED the pool/slide (just don’t look into the eyes of the creepy clown 😂), and especially loved the peaceful starts to our days walking to Epcot and DHS (about 10-15 minutes and so much more peaceful than waiting for and riding a bus).

Absolutely, wholeheartedly recommend!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom