Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know plenty of people who plan around the hottest part of the days or just don't go anywhere during the hottest part of the summer. Extreme temperatures keep people at home or indoors.
Just stop…of course some people don’t prefer heat. But it doesn’t explain a downturn in attendance when travel is booming otherwise across the board. Is it cold on cruise ships loading record crowds?

It’s Florida…they’ve been there for 51 years…people know the deal for gods sakes

erasure fan1

Just stop…of course some people don’t prefer heat. But it doesn’t explain a downturn in attendance when travel is booming otherwise across the board. Is it cold on cruise ships loading record crowds?

It’s Florida…they’ve been there for 51 years…people know the deal for gods sakes
Yea, extra hot might make me wait to grocery shop for a day or two, but it's not a factor in a vacation. I've been going to Florida on Vacation in the summer for 40+ years. And it was hot every single one of them. It's really nothing new.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yea, extra hot might make me wait to grocery shop for a day or two, but it's not a factor in a vacation. I've been going to Florida on Vacation in the summer for 40+ years. And it was hot every single one of them. It's really nothing new.
You can make the case that some have SHIFTED their plans to better weather conditions throughout the year…but that doesn’t mean cancel them

They’ve posted 3 quarters of declines and we get weekly reports of soft days…all year…not to mention hotel rooms as far as the eye can see.

It’s just not a valid excuse. A company can paint whatever picture they want and spin it. That’s a PR strategy. They don’t need sad mouthpieces spewing it back out. They don’t care what we say here. The truth works best.

Lilofan

The obesity levels are out of control in our country and with all u can eat several times a day cruising, is a big draw for many.

fgmnt

I think the last excuse for externalities were really high rates of inflation that you could see affecting bookings late 22-most of 2023, and I think the pound still sucks. Can probably explain that much away. But they know bookings are still soft for the rest of 2024 and likely know they are not at expectations at this point in time for what is available in 2025 and they should be sweating it, 100%. They are definitely losing whales.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
…absolutely

As far as atmosphere goes…the best new restaurants for me are Enzo’s hideaway, Boathouse and the Edison

Even 220 doesn’t cut it. It’s poorly designed and the smells from the kitchen flood the room. Basically like coral reef/80’s with video screens

…I’d rather see the fish
I can't believe how much we liked the boathouse as well as Edison. We love others also but for the dollar, and setting and service the Boathouse is tough to beat. We have probably dined there 20 times with one visit to the amphicars.
For what it's worth, Standby vs LL usage at DHS this morning from 9 to 9:30 am:
  • Tower of Terror had 695 guests enter standby and 223 (or 24% of all guests) enter the Lightning Lane
  • Runaway Railway: 1,065 standby and 158 (13%) Lightning Lane
  • Smugglers Run: 648 standby and 123 (16%) Lightning Lane
Tower seemed to start the morning running at around 1,000 guests/hour, or roughly 2/3rds of the max capacity we've ever observed (1,470/hour).

Railway seemed to run at 1,100/hour and we've seen hourly exit counts at 1,640, so also ~2/3rds of max capacity.

Smugglers Run seemed to be at ~900 guests/hour and the most we've counted is 1,459 exits/hour, so around 2/3rds of capacity.

Smugs went through a 15-minute period right at Early Entry opening where a total of 75 people entered the attraction. So the wait at the end of that 15-minute period should've been pretty close to zero.

ETA: Both Slink and ROTR had issues this morning. ROTR was offline briefly at rope drop, and Slink has had some weird hour-long slowdown/outage mid-morning twice this week. And I don't think it showed up as offline in MDE.
Was this a slow week, so they were running everything you saw at 2/3 or do you think they were A) cutting labor. or B) slowing it down on purpose to sell G+ and LL?

Nubs70

I can't believe how much we liked the boathouse as well as Edison. We love others also but for the dollar, and setting and service the Boathouse is tough to beat. We have probably dined there 20 times with one visit to the amphicars.

Was this a slow week, so they were running everything you saw at 2/3 or do you think they were A) cutting labor. or B) slowing it down on purpose to sell G+ and LL?
Good question?

Who benefits from lower thruput?
Customer or WDW?

Trauma

Wrong, not 401K, BTW, buyers last Oct that bought TWDC at $79 per share that sold recently at $135 per share made bank.
Yeah it’s very easy to take two very specific points in time and play this game. Most people are not day traders or swing traders. Of those that are only 1% actually make money.

You take a stock over a longer time horizon and then compare it to the market in general.
Five years, ten years etc.

When you have to say something like “If you had bought 94 days ago and sold last week you made a killing!”

Well your just grasping at straws now.

MouseEarsMom33

It is. But that also makes one wonder if the soft 2024 bookings are rolling into at least early 2025, or if this is something else.
It's possible. It also could be Disney trying to get people to book a vacation in early 2025 before people decide to go to EPIC Universe in the summer and Disney loses them all together in 2025.

I track theme park news. I'm curious how much the regular Disney traveler from out of state is aware of EPIC Universe being built. For example, I think my husband only knows about EPIC Universe because I told him.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah it’s very easy to take two very specific points in time and play this game. Most people are not day traders or swing traders. Of those that are only 1% actually make money.

You take a stock over a longer time horizon and then compare it to the market in general.

When you have to say something like “If you had bought 94 days ago and sold last week you made a killing!”

It’s holding around its 2015 level…and has dropped $10 a share after the savior was reappointed.

If anything…people should thank Peltz for driving the pump.

But we get a whole new round of spin this week…can’t wait

Last edited:

Lilofan

Oh I know fully well investing in the markets for over 30 years dollar cost averaging. When the markets plummet I dip into cash reserves to buy on the low. It has proven very well for me long term. I just wish I had more cash reserves in 2008 / 2009 when the sky was indeed falling.

lentesta

Premium Member

I think Smuggler's Run is so far back in the park that it doesn't need to run at 100% capacity first thing in the morning.

In looking at the numbers, if Tower had started off at 100% capacity, it would've ended up with a 0-minute wait about 10 minutes into official park opening. And as much as I hate waiting in line, I don't think they need to run the ride at 100% capacity in this case.

Likewise, if Railway was running at 100% capacity, it would've bottomed out at around a 5-minute wait right after park open. No need to run the rides that hard, that early, on an average day.

That said, Slinky and ROTR should run at pretty much 100% capacity all the time, given the demand. It would be hard to justify to guests why Slinky is running at less than 100% capacity when you see a 90-minute posted wait and are selling G+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom