Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Thepuma

I'm done with Disney...absolutely Disgusting YET AGAIN for the THIRD time we come to Hollywood studios rope drop to get on Rise and yet again its on a delayed opening...every single day we've been here it's the same.

Obviously no signs of this on the app so EVERYONE jigs over the part to find out Disney have screwed them over AGAIN.

This is NO coincidence..it ISNT due to the ride having technical issues it can't be...its too coincidental that EVERY single morning we go to HS and Rise is ALWAYS on a delayed start...always always always...and you guessed it..its so when the ride DOES come up there will be thousands in the queue and shock horror, they will coin in mugs spending $20 each for a LL+...its almost like its a strategy..lol

It's obvious now that Disney do this on purpose to fill the other queues and make those queues long and then they can sell thousands of Genie +.

Just been round to 8nstead queue for ToT and the queue (before park open) is snaking all the way back to the park entry.

So we queue in the equally long RnRC queue 9nly to find it isn't moving because...you guessed it...its not opening yet!!!

Well done Disney...we entered the park at 8.15 and are heading home totally p1ssed off at 8:30am.....

Disney has probably just crested a new World Record for how quickly they can get people in and out of their parks...15 minutes ...must be a record.

Thank god we are going home Saturday and won't ever have to be subjected to any more of Disney pathetic cloak and dagger bullsh1t.

Complaining to Guest services is pointless...while there are millions of mugs put their paying more and more for less and less they don't give a .

I feel sorry for their staff as they are taking the brunt of everything...they are told what script to tell p1ssed off guests "Rise is down for rechnical difficulties" while keeping a straight face knowing every day this is planned...for some reason Americans just put up with it and roll over and take it without so much as a whimper...if this hapoend in the UK the park would be dead, it would be all over the news and the park would go out of business.

It appears Disney could make a turd in the shape of Mickey Mouse and the mugs here would pay $50 for it.

Last edited:

Touchdown

I'm done with Disney...absolutely Disgusting YET AGAIN for the THIRD time we come to Hollywood studios rope drop to get on Rise and yet again its on a delayed opening...every single day we've been here it's the same.

Well done Disney...we entered the park at 8.15 and are heading home totally p1ssed off at 8:30am.....
I swear I’m not a pixie duster but seriously:

IMG_0775.jpeg

Lilofan

Obviously no signs of this on the app so EVERYONE jigs over the part to find out Disney have screwed them over AGAIN.

This is NO coincidence..it ISNT due to the ride having technical issues it can't be...its too coincidental that EVERY single morning we go to HS and Rise is ALWAYS on a delayed start...always always always...and you guessed it..its so when the ride DOES come up there will be thousands in the queue and shock horror, they will coin in mugs spending $20 each for a LL+...its almost like its a strategy..lol

It's obvious now that Disney do this on purpose to fill the other queues and make those queues long and then they can sell thousands of Genie +.

Just been round to 8nstead queue for ToT and the queue (before park open) is snaking all the way back to the park entry.

So we queue in the equally long RnRC queue 9nly to find it isn't moving because...you guessed it...its not opening yet!!!

Disney has probably just crested a new World Record for how quickly they can get people in and out of their parks...15 minutes ...must be a record.

Thank god we are going home Saturday and won't ever have to be subjected to any more of Disney pathetic cloak and dagger bullsh1t.

Complaining to Guest services is pointless...while there are millions of mugs put their paying more and more for less and less they don't give a .

I feel sorry for their staff as they are taking the brunt of everything...they are told what script to tell p1ssed off guests "Rise is down for rechnical difficulties" while keeping a straight face knowing every day this is planned...for some reason Americans just put up with it and roll over and take it without so much as a whimper...if this hapoend in the UK the park would be dead, it would be all over the news and the park would go out of business.

It appears Disney could make a turd in the shape of Mickey Mouse and the mugs here would pay $50 for it.
This reminds me of a descriptive post of a member who had an experience at MK which generated many replies from other forum members years ago.

eliza61nyc

That should bode well for our trip next week : )
Just back network and was very pleasantly surprised 😃. 9 days ( 6 park days). 7 dark mine train and slinky dogs dash was the rides that consistently had long wait times. Go figure.
The annoying thing for us were the Halloween parties, too many days per week and it pushed crowds to the other parks.
Now rise of the resistance had a posted wait time of 60 minutes at 9:30 am when we got there, we decided to get in line and It was more 50-55 minutes.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

I don't understand the vitriol in this post. At 8:57 at the time of this post, the attractions are open and the wait times are low. No where in the terms and conditions in the admission contract you entered into with Disney by purchasing admission does it state that any particular attraction would be open at the very minute that you choose to ride it. Call me jaded, but I just move on to something else if one isn't available. We don't base a trip on a single experience (but we do make trips specifically for Flower and Garden, Food and Wine) .

We too have spent less than half an hour in multiple parks, as we did what we wanted and were off to another.

Touchdown

I don't understand the vitriol in this post. At 8:57 at the time of this post, the attractions are open and the wait times are low. No where in the terms and conditions in the admission contract you entered into with Disney by purchasing admission does it state that any particular attraction would be open at the very minute that you choose to ride it. Call me jaded, but I just move on to something else if one isn't available. We don't base a trip on a single experience (but we do make trips specifically for Flower and Garden, Food and Wine) .

We too have spent less than half an hour in multiple parks, as we did what we wanted and were off to another.
The only vitriol I have is the restrictions on park hopping if park ops at a certain park is SNAFU in the morning, I want the freedom back to cut my losses and just move onto my afternoon park early. But as I showed above, DHS at the time of my picture only had one ride down RRRC.

Thepuma

The only vitriol I have is the restrictions on park hopping if park ops at a certain park is SNAFU in the morning, I want the freedom back to cut my losses and just move onto my afternoon park early. But as I showed above, DHS at the time of my picture only had one ride down RRRC.
This....if you pay the extra for a hopper ticket, you should be able to do just that, hop around the parks at will...not have to wait till 2pm

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
This....if you pay the extra for a hopper ticket, you should be able to do just that, hop around the parks at will...not have to wait till 2pm
That's the current situation, wasn't in the past, but it is now. IMHO, I don't see much value in the hopper add on right now unless you're time constrained.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
This was the queue down Hollywood Boylevard for ToT - it was longer than that too, but even with a wide angle lens, I couldn't get it all in.
That’s because Cast Members don’t open the queue until 8:30. Resort guests are allowed into the park earlier than that (to dispel the crowds for safety purposes) and will go stand in line for the first attraction they want to ride - in this case ToT.

I guarantee you that when the queue opened that line on Sunset immediately dwindled to nothing and the guests standing in it were on and off ToT in 10 minutes. Most of the ToT outdoor queue is chained off until after regular opening and more guests arrive. So those folks in your pic essentially walked right into the lobby.

I know this from lots of personal experience.

Grimley1968

That’s because Cast Members don’t open the queue until 8:30. Resort guests are allowed into the park earlier than that (to dispel the crowds for safety purposes) and will go stand in line for the first attraction they want to ride - in this case ToT.

I guarantee you that when the queue opened that line on Sunset immediately dwindled to nothing and the guests standing in it were on and off ToT in 10 minutes. Most of the ToT outdoor queue is chained off until after regular opening and more guests arrive. So those folks in your pic essentially walked right into the lobby.

I know this from lots of personal experience.

Good point. The last time we went was December 2020, while lots of Covid restrictions were still in place. One of the restrictions I actually enjoyed was social distancing. This meant that most of the queues were effectively closed except for a single lane from the park walkways to the interior of the rides, to prevent people from facing each other in close proximity in the lines. So lines snaked out into the middle of the park, going every which way, depending on the ride locations. It seemed like a huge line even with the capacity throttling, but it moved very quickly and while we were in it, we got to watch the park itself, and not just the nearest attraction wall.

Any time the main queue is closed, the lines will snake out into the park like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom