Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

celluloid

My salary is not keeping up with anything these days. My disposable income has shrunk due to the increase in food and energy costs. If that wasn't the case maybe WDW wouldn't seem so ridiculous. We are only going to be able to have one vacation next year and it won't be WDW. Hopefully, in 2025 it's not zero vacations.

Mortage rates are crazy and student loans start for back from the pause next month. It is going to hurt a lot of people's expendable income for sure.

celluloid

True it will take time to adjust

I sure hope so. Some perspective, and it is just another vent. But perspective. My wife and I are both Public Educators, and although it is not the highest paid career in the world, two people who are more than experienced in their years in the job and have stipend and extra pay based on her special ed and my adjunct Teaching through a University, we should be able to be fairly comfortable with house.

We are lucky in many ways, but her entire monthly salary amount but 50 bucks goes to our Mortage. No room for anything else. We have a used car and I walk or ride bike most of the year until there is really bad weather where she drops me off. Near 3,000 dollars a month for our mortage.
A fellow teacher about to enter her retirement years pay 600 dollars a month. It will take a long time for any payment to inflate to that standard.

Donald Razorduck

Historically mortgage rates are normal, we have been very spoiled since 2008
This is so true. The problem is that housing prices became super inflated due toxthe low rates. Pricing will have to freeze or retreat to gain a since of normalcy though. Some areas like here in Northwest Arkansas this isn't happening due the growth that hasn't tapped the brakes yet.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is so true. The problem is that housing prices became super inflated due toxthe low rates. Pricing will have to freeze or retreat to gain a since of normalcy though. Some areas like here in Northwest Arkansas this isn't happening due the growth that hasn't tapped the brakes yet.
They allowed real estate gambling back in the 90s…the pols not only cleared legal roadblocks…they promoted it.

It’s not “real” in so many ways anymore

all of this is systemic.

Impossible to reset that. Try telling buyers “spend less and pay your bills 😡” while at the same time telling suppliers “don’t be so greedy 😡
Good luck

Last edited:

Thepuma

At epcot this morning...Frozen down since before the park opened- staff have no idea why or when it it will open.

Well done again Disney...a weekend and a relatively simple major attraction isn't open.

And they wonder why people ate getting fed up.

Funny old thing...they never delay the opening of a shop or somewhere that they can coin in extra revenue...its always the rides where you never find out till you've paid your money to get it and it doesn't matter to Dinsey as they've already got your money.

This 3 week to Orlando has been a real eye opener to how far Disney have sunk in terms of guest satisfaction...and how they jist don't give a damn about giving back...its all take take take and you have suck it up like idiots.

Thank god we aren't coming back after this holiday...its Cured us.

Last edited:

Lilofan

At epcot this morning...Frozen down since before the park opened- staff have no idea why or when it it will open.

Well done again Disney...a weekend and a relatively simple major attraction isn't open.

Cast are probably not telling you why it is not in operation.

Thepuma

I actually feel sorry for the staff at the front of these attractions...they are taking the brunt of complaints while earning a pittance while the people responsible are sat on their fat pay checks getting no retribution for their actions.

Lilofan

I actually feel sorry for the staff at the front of these attractions...they are taking the brunt of complaints while earning a pittance while the people responsible are sat on their fat pay checks getting no retribution for their actions.
Do you realize that there could be a critical safety related issue that is preventing the ride from operating? There were vehicle noises heard from cast at Big Thunder at DL years ago, call was made to keep operating. A guest in the front car died from a crash on the track shortly afterwards.

Thepuma

Cast are probably not telling you why it is not in operation.
Yep, they are hardly going to say "the park owners 1)couldn't be bothered to make sure the rude is working before the park opens 2) would rather put their staff in in areas where they can coin in more money 3) The owners don't care they've already got your money 4) They are incompetent 5) they want to direct traffic to other rides to fill them up, increase wait times and sell more Genie+ 6) We are just the puppets on the front line, let down by inept management

Splash4eva

Do you realize that there could be a critical safety related issue that is preventing the ride from operating? There were vehicle noises heard from cast at Big Thunder at DL years ago, call was made to keep operating. A guest in the front car died from a crash on the track shortly afterwards.
Is that true?!? Ive never heard that before regarding concerning noises not about the accident…

Thepuma

Do YOU realise they have had all last night and all morning pre- opening to get the ride working.

Seeing as the ride hasn't been run since park close yesterday, there won't magically be some problem that wouldn't have surfaced last night..and if there was, they should have been in early enough to get it sorted so they are p1ssing off more and more and more people with this totally inept management.

I really admire Americans patience...you lot will wait in a (purposefully caused) line, caused by inept management and you just suck it up. In the UK there would be riots if we were subjected to such inept organisation and under hand tactics like Disney does.

Additionally it appears to be common theme in Disney parks where rides are down at park open. This is either unbelievable coincidence (too unbelievable to believe) or these things are planned in advance.

We all know why Disney do this...to ramp up times on other attractions and sell Genie+.

I for one, am getting very very fed up of their tactics ...it just adds to the ongoing feeling of paying more and more and more for less and less.

Shame on you Disney, shame on you ....I hope you go bust and have to sell your parks to Universal Studios or for housing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Funny old thing...they never delay the opening of a shop or somewhere that they can coin in extra revenue...its always the rides where you never find out till you've paid your money to get it and it doesn't matter to Dinsey as they've already got your money.

This 3 week to Orlando has been a real eye opener to how far Disney have sunk in terms of guest satisfaction...and how they jist don't give a damn about giving back...its all take take take and you have suck it up like idiots.

…I think I can at least tell you a couple parts of the problem

Last edited:

Ayla

Staff knows why it is down. They won't tell you, though, since you don't need to know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom