Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

el_super

Except they aren't less crowded.

So attendance isn't down at wdw?

Look at the wait times posted, they aren't that different (unless like I said above, it's drastically down like the 4th was). What they are doing is staffing lower so your waits stay similar. None of these things are to get a better guest experience, it's to milk the most money they can.

No one has been complaining about the wait times.

LSLS

So attendance isn't down at wdw?

No one has been complaining about the wait times.

I'd guess attendance is down, but the things you would care about aren't. Wait times are similar as they have been according to what is posted (again, 4th withstanding). So if your top concern about it being crowded is that less people walked through the gates, you should be happy. If your top concern is lower wait times, price raises and reservations (which aren't hitting caps anyway) aren't helping much.

Vegas Disney Fan

Exactly like DCA. Spending the billion+ to fix it in 2012, didn't significantly move the needle on attendance/revenue and now they're stuck again.

That’s not true, it didn’t increase attendance to DL numbers but it drastically changed it from what it was. They’ve already made that money back and more in just the last decade… and they’ll continue to profit off the expansion for decades to come.

IMG_3811.jpeg

lentesta

Premium Member

el_super

That’s not true, it didn’t increase attendance to DL numbers but it drastically changed it from what it was.

Yeah, attendance increased, but for all the spending, DCA is still the least attended US Disney Park. It was still reliant on AP traffic to keep it running, and people getting free admission from Disneyland. Resort LOS didn't significantly increase either.

It's harder and harder to justify spending that kind of money on a theme park.

JoeCamel

Yeah, attendance increased, but for all the spending, DCA is still the least attended US Disney Park. It was still reliant on AP traffic to keep it running, and people getting free admission from Disneyland. Resort LOS didn't significantly increase either.

It's harder and harder to justify spending that kind of money on a theme park.
That's what Bob said a long time ago, I guess it was his truth but some kid with glasses proved him out of touch.

Splash4eva

Not sure what the article proves in regards to people NOT going to Disney because of choosing Taylor... if anything her concerts ARE generating MORE money for people which in theory can make them have the ability to spend more money potentially on said vacation.....

solidyne

Not sure what the article proves in regards to people NOT going to Disney because of choosing Taylor... if anything her concerts ARE generating MORE money for people which in theory can make them have the ability to spend more money potentially on said vacation.....
Just some evidence of the big dollars families (presumably families with kids) are forking over this summer to travel to the shows, eat, lodge, etc.

Not every family, of course, but lots of families who maybe have never travelled and stayed overnight for a concert before. It's not huge, but it's not nothing.

Splash4eva

Just some evidence of the big dollars families (presumably families with kids) are forking over this summer to travel to the shows, eat, lodge, etc.

Not every family, of course, but lots of families who maybe have never travelled and stayed overnight for a concert before. It's not huge, but it's not nothing.
We didnt need an article to know the money thats been spent on concert tickets and what people have done to see taylor... but as been discussed i truly dont think there has been ANY material impact to Disney. Its just another "excuse" people want to use imo

Drdcm

What problems? If you asked me what the biggest problem was in 2019 I would have said the place was too crowded. That seems to be fixed now.
I agree with you on this. I think my satisfaction and number of trips dropped because the experience was diminished by long lines. I think low crowds will inevitably improve my guest experience and I’ll have a much better time. This seems to be happening and played out during a day trip for me after spring break where I had a blast.

That’s why I’m so frustrated with limiting EMH to deluxe resorts and charging separately for days when the parks are open super late. I want the lower crowds for a better experience.

The problem is, will the improved experience with low crowds just drive attendance back up?

solidyne

We didnt need an article to know the money thats been spent on concert tickets and what people have done to see taylor... but as been discussed i truly dont think there has been ANY material impact to Disney. Its just another "excuse" people want to use imo
Well, to be fair, the article reveals the vastness of the tour, something those who don't follow pop culture might not be clued into. They may assume this is "just another pop star."

It certainly doesn't change Disney numbers on its own. It just something else to add to the stew of reasons.

(Even Len simply said "lots of folks" not "Taylor Swift is killing attendance!!" Other posters were making incorrect inferences.)

Splash4eva

Well, to be fair, the article reveals the vastness of the tour, something those who don't follow pop culture might not be clued into. They may assume this is "just another pop star."

It certainly doesn't change Disney numbers on its own. It just something else to add to the stew of reasons.

(Even Len simply said "lots of folks" not "Taylor Swift is killing attendance!!" Other posters were making incorrect inferences.)
point is this... we did not need an article to state the obvious & ill stand by my original take... there is absolute minimal to ZERO impact on Disney from this concert tour.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Reasons Why People Aren't Visiting Walt Disney World This Summer:

• Summer temperatures
  • Thunderstorms
  • Taylor Swift concert spending
  • COVID testing facilities have shut down
  • Someone has to buy up all the Bud Light Kid Rock isn't drinking these days
  • Supply chain disruptions
  • Minor league baseball game concession spending
  • Still hungover from the NFL draft parties
  • Spent too much on neighborhood fireworks for July 4th celebrations
  • Monarch butterfly tracking
  • Someone reversed the polarity of the neutron flow

Lilofan

Reasons Why People Aren't Visiting Walt Disney World This Summer:

• Summer temperatures
  • Thunderstorms
  • Taylor Swift concert spending
  • COVID testing facilities have shut down
  • Someone has to buy up all the Bud Light Kid Rock isn't drinking these days
  • Supply chain disruptions
  • Minor league baseball game concession spending
  • Still hungover from the NFL draft parties
  • Spent too much on neighborhood fireworks for July 4th celebrations
  • Monarch butterfly tracking
  • Someone reversed the polarity of the neutron flow
You may add paying rent / mortgage on time and buying food is more important.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That’s not true, it didn’t increase attendance to DL numbers but it drastically changed it from what it was. They’ve already made that money back and more in just the last decade… and they’ll continue to profit off the expansion for decades to come.

View attachment 729991

Oh, would you stop with the logical arguments? Don't you know that spending on capacity isn't worth it? el_super said so, therefore it MUST be true. He knows everything, just ask him. It couldn't be that park spending under Iger has been both grossly mismanaged (a new WDI hallmark) and misdirected, in most cases. The 2012 DCA spending was justified. The junk since? Don't even get me started.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom