Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Disstevefan1

Oh it will drive a ton of people to the website and travel agents until they see a week will cost them $5000 before flights/food. That price tag is the firewall to huge crowds.

(until the get desperate with crazy offers to fill parks and hotels)
Pay $5000 before flights/food and go to a MOBBED WDW or pay $5000 before flights/food and go to a crowded yet manageable WDW.

I don't know, the lack of MOBS could tip the scales.

This is the "WDW rationalization brain" we are talking about.

DisneyHead123

is that a standard room or the suites at AoA?

Either way, AoA really isn't a value anymore, or isn't priced as one for sure. It largely has internal hallways, etc. and, (at least in the past) had an elevated food court. Plus one of the better pools on property

But those prices are kinda crazy
Good point, I didn’t realize they had suites. I looked a little further out to see what a standard room would be, though, and the standard rate is $271 for early December, $224 in January. POFQ seems to be in the 300s when there are any kind of crowds… not sure how functional the value / moderate / deluxe model is when pricing is based on popularity, not resort perks.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Good point, I didn’t realize they had suites. I looked a little further out to see what a standard room would be, though, and the standard rate is $271 for early December, $224 in January. POFQ seems to be in the 300s when there are any kind of crowds… not sure how functional the value / moderate / deluxe model is when pricing is based on popularity, not resort perks.

French Quarter has always been one of the more expensive moderates because of the small size and the fact that it normally doesn’t share transportation, so it’s very easy to get in and out of when going to the parks. We stayed once and really liked it, but you do pay for that convenience, along with the water taxi to Disney Springs.

RE: evening / after-hours events: it seems pretty clear to me that eventually Disney would like to move toward 2 ticketed time slots, at each park, every day.

They're starting by making all of these evening events special, but over time the only benefit will be that the park is less crowded, and soon after that they'll simply start selling separate morning+evening ticket packages.

JD80

Pay $5000 before flights/food and go to a MOBBED WDW or pay $5000 before flights/food and go to a crowded yet manageable WDW.

I don't know, the lack of MOBS could tip the scales.

This is the "WDW rationalization brain" we are talking about.

Crowds will tip the scales of the die hard fan, not the average family planning a vacation that heard about crowd levels at their kids sporting event or BBQ this summer. It'll definitely get them to look though.

Just my guess though.

the_rich

My mother and sister just booked a trip to aruba for 6 nights at the hyatt(so middle of the road price wise). Hotel and flight was $4200. $600 more than my upcoming August trip to the grand floridian and it doesn't include any activities. Even the palapas on the beach are at least an extra $25 a day. Vacations are expensive, it's nothing new.

Cliff

This Is Fine GIF
Disney really IS too big to fail. When will we finaly admit this fact? Besides...institutional ESG investors will always step in a support Disney...no matter what is happening.

If Disney stays on message and keeps it's Environental, Social, Governance score high. Those investors will float Disney. Eventually, this storm will blow over and people will forget and BANG!... Disney is back at the mountain top again.

Disney just needs to stay on message, keep fighting the "good citizen" fight and ride this temporary storm out.

Vegas Disney Fan

Attendance is probably a combination of many factors, primarily cost (75%), followed by planning difficulty (15%), add in a little politics (5%), etc. I also wonder if “revenge travel” also plays into this, a lot of their guests typically go every couple years so if a disproportionate amount went in 2022, to make up for lost trips, the spacing might be off. This also likely gave management a false sense of demand and as a result they overcorrected pricing and are now overpriced for demand.

Disney has always been expensive but at their former prices they were primarily competing against other theme parks for our vacation dollars, at their new prices they are competing against Europe and other more exotic vacations, that’s a harder sell.

Brisco

Crowds have been lower on Holiday Weekends because unless you are an incredible passholder (priced at an unreasonable amount compared to the pixie pass) you were blocked out. For most of the last 2 years a pixie pass was all you could get and I'm sure a lot of people, like myself, bought it and realized it was good enough for it's price. They definitely have achieved their goal of spreading out crowds throughout the week and throughout the year.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Disney really IS too big to fail. When will we finaly admit this fact? Besides...institutional ESG investors will always step in a support Disney...no matter what is happening.

If Disney stays on message and keeps it's Environental, Social, Governance score high. Those investors will float Disney. Eventually, this storm will blow over and people will forget and BANG!... Disney is back at the mountain top again.

Disney just needs to stay on message, keep fighting the "good citizen" fight and ride this temporary storm out.
Do you work for the Babylon Bee?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Step out of the bubble, normal people who only go to WDW a few times in their life go to their regional amusement park more often and may even be passholders.
Absolutely true.

Park fans are typically amusement fans or were when they were younger

At one point (for years) we had:
Seasame super Grover (sea world and Busch)
Aquarium
Zoo
Wdw Premium Annuals

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

What message should Disney stay on? I’m curious.

Disstevefan1

🏆 💯 Environental, Social, Governance = TWDC.

Stakeholders are more important than Shareholders now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom