Is anyone actually excited about Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind or is it just me?

skiir97

I definitely agree with that because I feel like it’s just a matter of time till they add a Marvel Land at Hollywood Studios so I don’t understand why they chose Epcot but more is more I guess.

Disney is only allowed to use some Marvel characters in Disney World (per their agreement with Universal) so I doubt we'll see a Marvel Land anytime soon.

According to this article, Disney is only allowed to use Marvel characters that Island of Adventure or Universal Studios Florida does not have in the parks.

Disstevefan1

Very much looking forward to it. What I am not looking forward it is the inability to actually ride it!
it will be the same old thing, if it’s fast pass, there will be no fast passes, if it’s boarding groups you will have to get there at the crack of dawn and the boarding groups will be gone in two minutes.

I hope they go with fast passes and standby instead of boarding groups. This will give me the chance to get on test track and Sorin while everyone else is waiting in the 4 hour stand by line for Guardians.

Guardians will be great, but will miss my mid day nap in the coolness on UOE 😀

TrainsOfDisney

I’m not a fan of guardians going into Disney theme parks period, and I really don’t see the fit into Epcot. Adding a really unique coaster to Epcot is really cool. Losing the Dino’s is not cool.

I wish that we could have kept the Dino’s... if we had to have guardians I wish they could have kept the universe of energy building as sort of a retro Epcot pavilion with the Dino’s as part of the cue.

FerretAfros

Is anyone actually excited for the GOTG coaster?

Well...

And I've been wrong before, but an out-of-the-blue thread from a brand new poster, extolling the virtues of a controversial-but-not-yet-complete project (particularly one that already has a long-running thread of its own) has all the trappings of a corporate account that's trying to influence public opinion. When the scandal revolving around @TP2000 broke last year, many members were surprised that sort of thing takes place, but this has all the elements of Disney's usual approach they've been using online for decades.

Perhaps I'm wrong, and @RebelScum514 is just an enthusiastic new member who is still getting used to the ropes here (in which case: welcome, I'm glad to have you! hope to see more from you!), but I've been around long enough to have seen this play out many times in the past.

Josh Hendy

... this has all the elements of Disney's usual approach they've been using online for decades ...
I'm unfamiliar with the previous scandal you alluded to.

Do you mean, Disney is trying to quieten down the Negative Nellie's who are peeved at Epcot's myriad construction walls, lack of quality attractions and lack of coherent theme going forward, by prodding the Pixie Dusters into babbling excitedly about the new coaster and basically shouting down the Nellie's?

RebelScum514

Original Poster

Well...

And I've been wrong before, but an out-of-the-blue thread from a brand new poster, extolling the virtues of a controversial-but-not-yet-complete project (particularly one that already has a long-running thread of its own) has all the trappings of a corporate account that's trying to influence public opinion. When the scandal revolving around @TP2000 broke last year, many members were surprised that sort of thing takes place, but this has all the elements of Disney's usual approach they've been using online for decades.

Perhaps I'm wrong, and @RebelScum514 is just an enthusiastic new member who is still getting used to the ropes here (in which case: welcome, I'm glad to have you! hope to see more from you!), but I've been around long enough to have seen this play out many times in the past.
Aww why thank you I couldn’t wish for any job better then being payed by Disney to just sit on my bit and generate hype for a new ride. For Disney’s Eyes Only No Peaking (Disney if you wanna pay me messages me and I’ll give you my PayPal). For real talk I made this thread because in the other thread about this ride seemed to have mainly negative things being spread about the ride so I just assume the normal opinion was a negative one.

Horizons1

No, it’s the argument for those that can accept that EPCOT Center is gone
I can accept that EPCOT Center is long dead. However, I will not accept arguments that have no merit and stink of desperation for validation. I will not accept the “hey, at least we are getting something” mindset. GOTG is coming whether Anyone likes it or not. People will love it and it will be heralded as a great attraction by pixie dusters, bloggers, and the general public alike. Regardless of that, Disney has taken the easy route out. Rather than pursue the themes and philosophy of what EPCOT Center was, it has decided to hollow out its skin, adorn it, and dance about pretending this is the next natural evolution of EPCOT, just like Buffalo Bill would wear his victim’s skin in Silence of the Lambs. Disney took the cowardly way out. Instead of pushing one of its most unique parks further into probing questions and presenting the challenges for a better tomorrow, it has decided to make EPCOT one of its most bland parks by upping the “festivals” and dumbing down the theme. EPCOT Center is dead. EPCOT is dead. The park is now on its way to be Magic Kingdom 2. But what do I know? I’m just some “doom and gloomer” who doesn’t praise the mouse every time he raises ticket prices or opens a new meet and greet.

The changes are happening. They won’t stop. They will be loved. But I, nor do any others, have to love them. You can argue all day long that they’re the best. But I’ll tell you all day long that they’re shallow and .

The Empress Lilly

Disney has taken the easy route out. Rather than pursue the themes and philosophy of what EPCOT Center was, it has decided to hollow out its skin, adorn it, and dance about pretending this is the next natural evolution of EPCOT, just like Buffalo Bill would wear his victim’s skin in Silence of the Lambs.
I love you. 😄

Marc Davis Fan

It’ll be a few fun few minutes to disengage your brain.

That doesn’t alter the fact the location is wrong. Or rather, was wrong, until the company gave up on the park and decided MK2.0 was a better bet.

This.

I was hoping that - even though it's part of Epcot becoming an "MK2" - it would at least be a spectacular mega e-ticket featuring mindblowing new technology/effects. But Martin's apparent pessimism about the experience has dampened my expectations dramatically.

I'm sure it'll be popular, but it might just make the holistic Epcot experience weaker, thus being another step away from the holistic uniqueness and depth of the WDW experience.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This.

I was hoping that - even though it's part of Epcot becoming an "MK2" - it would at least be a spectacular mega e-ticket featuring mindblowing new technology/effects. But Martin's apparent pessimism about the experience has dampened my expectations dramatically.

I'm sure it'll be popular, but it might just make the holistic Epcot experience weaker, thus being another step away from the holistic uniqueness and depth of the WDW experience.

Don’t get me wrong. It’ll be fun. It’ll be pretty.

It’ll be perfect for DHS.

huwar18

Sigh... The Magic Kingdom was not created as the sort brand park that Epcot is “evolving” into. Nothing is gained by this constant lowering of the Magic Kingdom into nothing more than kiddie franchise park.

I could be very wrong. Magic Kingdom was/is basically a brand park. It was basically a carbon copy of Disneyland and that was developed to promote his brands at the time.

MagicRat

I can accept that EPCOT Center is long dead. However, I will not accept arguments that have no merit and stink of desperation for validation. I will not accept the “hey, at least we are getting something” mindset. GOTG is coming whether Anyone likes it or not. People will love it and it will be heralded as a great attraction by pixie dusters, bloggers, and the general public alike. Regardless of that, Disney has taken the easy route out. Rather than pursue the themes and philosophy of what EPCOT Center was, it has decided to hollow out its skin, adorn it, and dance about pretending this is the next natural evolution of EPCOT, just like Buffalo Bill would wear his victim’s skin in Silence of the Lambs. Disney took the cowardly way out. Instead of pushing one of its most unique parks further into probing questions and presenting the challenges for a better tomorrow, it has decided to make EPCOT one of its most bland parks by upping the “festivals” and dumbing down the theme. EPCOT Center is dead. EPCOT is dead. The park is now on its way to be Magic Kingdom 2. But what do I know? I’m just some “doom and gloomer” who doesn’t praise the mouse every time he raises ticket prices or opens a new meet and greet.

The changes are happening. They won’t stop. They will be loved. But I, nor do any others, have to love them. You can argue all day long that they’re the best. But I’ll tell you all day long that they’re shallow and ****.

Very descriptive with Buffalo Bill narrative, remind me to keep away from your van in the middle of the night. WOW!!!

Magic Feather

Well...

As much as I miss the days of conspiracy theories following the Medium article, I’m willing to say we don’t have to worry about that. According to their bio, the poster is 15, and, honestly, that tracks given some of their speaking mannerisms, and somewhat simplified outlook on success (profit and enjoyment). Plus, from the few 15 y/o’s That I know, this is a common opinion.
That said, @RebelScum514 , this did not need it’s own thread. I’m sorry that the other Guardians thread felt so negative to the point that you felt a separate, positive one was needed, but there is ultimately already a Guardians thread. If you really want to spread your opinions about the ride, which you should do, that’s the purpose of this site, just do so in the preexisting thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom