'Ironheart' (Marvel Disney+ Series)

Ghost93

If I was a betting man, I'd say her suit makes tonys look like a dollar store robot toy by the end of this or her first appearance on the big screen.
Her first appearance on the Big Screen will be in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, so I would imagine the upgraded suit would occur near the end of Ironheart's Disney Plus show — not a movie.

jpinkc

It did not work as a comic book, and I dont understand how they think it will work on Disney+. Honestly its my least anticipated Marvel show. I liked Ms Marvel, better than Capt Marvel. I dont think it will make it, as people want Iron Man. Yes RDJ is probably done with the role, but its Marvel, very very few characters ever stay dead for long. Tony has been DEAD how many times? Tony wasnt Iron Man How many times?? I know thats the Comics, and live action can be different. But its been a good indicator for the reception of some of the shows if you look at Rotten Tomatoes and other places, meaning Audience Reviews not the Paid Shills errr I mean Critics.

MickeyMouse10

It did not work as a comic book, and I dont understand how they think it will work on Disney+. Honestly its my least anticipated Marvel show. I liked Ms Marvel, better than Capt Marvel. I dont think it will make it, as people want Iron Man. Yes RDJ is probably done with the role, but its Marvel, very very few characters ever stay dead for long. Tony has been DEAD how many times? Tony wasnt Iron Man How many times?? I know thats the Comics, and live action can be different. But its been a good indicator for the reception of some of the shows if you look at Rotten Tomatoes and other places, meaning Audience Reviews not the Paid Shills errr I mean Critics.

Disney seems like they don't want to make money anymore. Why else would they greenlight Echo, Agatha and Ironheart? Rather than go with more bankable characters, that people actually want to see. I'm surprised they didn't give unlikable America Chavez a show as well. I guess it was enough that her and Wanda stole Dr. Strange's movie from him.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disney seems like they don't want to make money anymore. Why else would they greenlight Echo, Agatha and Ironheart? Rather than go with more bankable characters, that people actually want to see. I'm surprised they didn't give unlikable America Chavez a show as well. I guess it was enough that her and Wanda stole Dr. Strange's movie from him.
Iron Man was considered a B-list character and less known by the public prior to his film starting the MCU. In fact the whole MCU has been built on top of mostly B-list characters since Marvel sold off the film rights to the A-list characters long before the MCU started.

It was only recently where Disney/Marvel through the Fox acquisition regained access to some of their A-list characters such as X-Men and Fantastic Four. And they are coming to the MCU over the course of the next couple phases.

Its fine if you don't like some of the content coming out of the MCU right now. But this idea that they don't want to make money or aren't using bankable characters is just blatantly false.

jpinkc

Agatha I am kinda hopeful about, but yes Echo and Ironheart I dont see as working. The idea that second Banana Marvel characters can be great can be true sometimes, but I have to admit I am a bit afraid of what Disney is going to do to Daredevil after his portrayal in She-Hulk. I am also afraid of what X-Men if they even call them that they will finally release to us (Thank YOU Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman for giving me some hope!).

Ghost93

The Agatha show will be popular as it's essentially a sequel to WandaVision, with the same creative team behind it and many returning cast members. Agatha was a popular character in the show, she had a great song that went viral AND Kathryn Hahn got an Emmy nomination for portraying her. Wanda is also likely to return at some point in the Agatha show.

I'll reserve judgment on Ironheart until I see her debut in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. However, I am very concerned about the Echo show as her character didn't leave a strong impression at all in Hawkeye.

MickeyMouse10

Iron Man was considered a B-list character and less known by the public prior to his film starting the MCU. In fact the whole MCU has been built on top of mostly B-list characters since Marvel sold off the film rights to the A-list characters long before the MCU started.

It was only recently where Disney/Marvel through the Fox acquisition regained access to some of their A-list characters such as X-Men and Fantastic Four. And they are coming to the MCU over the course of the next couple phases.

Its fine if you don't like some of the content coming out of the MCU right now. But this idea that they don't want to make money or aren't using bankable characters is just blatantly false.

You can't compare Ironman to Agatha Harkness or Echo. No one reads their comics or buys their toys. People didn't even want Echo on the show she appeared in. Let alone giving her her own show.

As for Ironheart, she's just a cheap knockoff.

Whose comics has never.... eeeeever sold well. Much like America Chavez and countless others they've been shoehorning in. You want female representation give us Storm, Rogue and a better version of She-Hulk, that doesn't man hate.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The CW had to be given away (in debt) because they put diversity ahead of quality. The final straw was casting a character in the role of Batwoman who wasn't even in the comics. Giving viewers a character they didn't even want.
And you know Ironheart will be low quality because ?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Looks at the numbers, they don't lie. She has failed miserably when it comes to her comic sales. People would rather see Ironman instead of shoehorned Ironheart.
So your saying that the studio that took a b list character with his own TV series (and a second season) and made him insanely popular can't do it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom