Introducing... The GRIZZ-O-METER

ogryn

Original Poster
General Grizz said:
Ughh..is there a way to modify? I gave Astro a 96 -- and I meant American Adventure!! :brick:

I can edit it for you :) Allowing users edit will require registration/login stuff (so users can't edit each others reviews), which:

A) would require about another 2 hours work
B) might put people off reviewing if they have to register first (just a thought)

EDIT: Astro Orbiter review transfered to American Adventure. :wave: If you want other stuff doing, you'll have to talk to me.

tigsmom

ogryn said:
EDIT: Astro Orbiter review transfered to American Adventure. :wave: If you want other stuff doing, you'll have to talk to me.
Can you rake leaves here this weekend? What? :lookaroun

ogryn

Original Poster
tigsmom said:
Can you rake leaves here this weekend? What? :lookaroun

Manual Labour! :eek: I'll only do it if you get a big sucker :D

If you go to each attraction page now, you can add reviews from that page, and it will automatically select the attraction name. That should stop anymore Grizz style mistakes.

StevenT

I'm sure you've already thought of this but just in case, it needs like a top 5 rated on the main page, and a bar graph of all attractions.

ogryn

Original Poster
The updated version of the Grizz-o-Meter should be with you very very soon. It is in the final testing stage.

Included in the new version will be:
  • Logins so you can edit your reviews
  • User profiles, so you can see who has review what easily (see screenshot)
  • Find more from this user
  • Slightly better breadcrumb navigation
  • Review layout improved
  • A few pictures to spruce the place up a bit
  • ...and "more"!

In the meantime, if you have previously submitted a review, I have your username in the database. To turn it into an account, please could you fill in the form on this page:
http://www.inquisitivemonkey.co.uk/grizz-o-meter/existingregister.php

If you have submitted a review, and you can't see your name there, then please PM me here on Magic.

Attachments

• grizzometerprofile.jpg
    grizzometerprofile.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 103

ogryn

Original Poster
StevenT said:
I'm sure you've already thought of this but just in case, it needs like a top 5 rated on the main page, and a bar graph of all attractions.

I need to get the code for this sorted in my head first, as I'm not too sure how to pull it off easy. Working out the average for all the attractions and then ranking it is going to be harder than it sounds.... I will get there eventually though. :wave:

ogryn

Original Poster
Grizz-o-Meter V2.0

OK. Grizz-o-Meter version two point zero is now up and running.

Free and Easy Registration is required to add reviews to the system. As previously stated, if you have previously added a review to the system, and want to continue using this name, then please do not register on the site. Instead, fill in the form on this page: http://www.inquisitivemonkey.co.uk/grizz-o-meter/existingregister.php

New features can be found a few posts back, but also in addition, you can now rate attractions from the past. When rating past attractions, please do not let nostalgia influence your review ;)

Ladies and Gentlemen... I give you:

The Grizz-o-Meter

Fantasmic!329

I just registered at your very cool site!! Just a note so you know who I am: I'm Fantasmic!329 here, and Fantasmic329 there. It wouldn't let me put the '!' in.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
well, i guess ill be working overtime this week since im not doing my real job because im doing my second job that doesnt pay anything........... filling out the GOM!!!! :rolleyes:

but it is fun :sohappy:

Ok, I love the site! Just one question. How is Journey Into Imagination the number one ride? I love it too but the number one ride? I would have missed that question by a mile. :dazzle:

General Grizz

Ned Brainard said:
Ok, I love the site! Just one question. How is Journey Into Imagination the number one ride? I love it too but the number one ride? I would have missed that question by a mile. :dazzle:
The ORIGINAL JII is #1... because one person rated it... :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom