Interview with Bob Iger about the Parks

TrojanUSC

Nope they told him to delete it, it is generally his PA that was tweeting from this account, still don't know if the Iger told them to tweet what they wanted or he thought he could handle it. But still Disney PR told him to delete it.

What? He runs Disney, including PR. If he wants to tweet something, he will tweet it. If they tell him it's not he best idea, he can take it down but they report to him, not the other way around.

Also, as I said, it is likely that the Corp Comm department runs this account with his approval.

WDW862

What? He runs Disney, including PR. If he wants to tweet something, he will tweet it. If they tell him it's not he best idea, he can take it down but they report to him, not the other way around.

Also, as I said, it is likely that the Corp Comm department runs this account with his approval.

You clearly don't understand this, not that I'd expect that from you.

PR has the best interest of the company in mind. If PR tells Bob to do something, he will. He also answers to the shareholders. Shareholders were likely ed off when Bob created bad PR from the company.

He doesn't "run the company". The board of directors does, in a broader sense.

TrojanUSC

PR has the best interest of the company in mind. If PR tells Bob to do something, he will. He also answers to the shareholders. Shareholders were likely ****ed off when Bob created bad PR from the company.

No idea why the hostility or if you have any clue how this works, but I'm pretty sure I have far more experience in this specific arena...

If he agrees with the recommendation from his head of Corp Comm, then sure he will delete it. If he doesn't agree, it is his personal Twitter account, he can do as he wishes. "PR" has literally no power over him whatsoever, though they obviously provide consultation on such things. The board is not going to do anything based on one tweet. What planet are you on? The company is making lots of money and is profitable.

Again, this is probably a pointless discussion as he likely didn't write or send the tweet himself, so this is of no matter.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Major shareholders didn't give one whit what Bob tweeted as long as it didn't mean the stock price dropped. And since roughly 65% of Disney stock is held by "institutions", and Iger is one of the largest individual shareholders, if not the largest at this time...

Kman101

They've definitely made mistakes - Fallon, FnF, Kong to some degree. But, as in baseball, it's easier to overlook strike outs or bloop singles when the batter is also hitting home runs (like Potter). They also need to freshen up Marvel alley, and turn down the music in that area... :jawdrop:

Agreed. I'd love a Marvel refresh. They can only rely on Potter for so long. Next they'll milk Nintendo (and I don't blame them for milking either franchise ....).

The problem isn't overlooking a mistake here or there (like us, rational people do), it's those who somehow think they do no wrong and jump to the defense (and that of course goes for Disney too; some think everything they do is a homerun). But it's neither here nor there I guess.

WDW, despite spending money finally, has definitely phoned it in quite often. And they're bigger. But I still think some hold the parks to different standards. I guess that's OK. I try and be fair with both. Some aren't. Many people not on here think WDW is hitting homerun after homerun, I guess it's just how we choose to view it and whether we like what they're doing or not.

I really don't understand where Universal is at right now. I don't read the rumors for them. Sure they have Potter and Nintendo "eventually" and I know they aren't releasing details earlier than needed anymore, but it feels like they could be doing a lot with Universal and IoA. I guess maybe I'm just becoming impatient ;) Both have some stale areas that either need attention or will. But I know they're focused on their third theme park. I feel like some things they once had in mind are stalled. Where's the replacement for Terminator? Bourne isn't going to make a big impact, JMO.

Indy_UK

Do Universal really seem to think opening more parks and thinning out the good stuff over these parks are competition to Disney?

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
No one can tell me that that nails-on-chalkboard opening jabber by "Frozen Oaken" is better than the ominous and awesome former introduction, "You are not the first to pass this way... nor shall you be the last!" We all know why FEA is a major success, popularity-wise. FEA's superiority as an attraction over Maelstrom is much more debatable, especially in its context.

lol,well I guess "better" is one of those subjective words. I'll admit to it, but I've been told I have no taste. lol. yes I think frozen is way better than maelstrom. I admit it's out of place but maelstrom= monstrosity. it was old boring and outdated. I like FEA far more as an attraction.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Nope they told him to delete it, it is generally his PA that was tweeting from this account, still don't know if the Iger told them to tweet what they wanted or he thought he could handle it. But still Disney PR told him to delete it.

PR has the best interest of the company in mind. If PR tells Bob to do something, he will. He also answers to the shareholders. Shareholders were likely ****ed off when Bob created bad PR from the company.

As I have said, that account was likely run by Corporate Communications with his blessing. He may very well have told them to get rid of it. I'd be surprised if he even knew the log-in.

So... are y'all sure about that? It's back with new posts. And the Capita Marvel post is still there. And his followers are back (one time it came back it did so with all the followers gone). So... it's fixed??...

1548312219926.png

https://twitter.com/robertiger?lang=en

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom