Interval International, DVC questions

bigedefd

Original Poster
Ok, so I own a condo here in Maine I would like to trade it for a DVC unit. Has anyone ever used Interval International to trade for a DVC unit? If you have how far ahead did you submit for trade and how long before you got what you were looking for? My Unit is a 5 star 2bed 6 person, and would like to trade for same. We will be staying at POP the night before we check in if we do this as planned will we be able to use Disney Dine Plan? Hope someone can help me out here. thank you OBTW this trip will be in oct/nov 2008 followed with a 4 night cruise on the wonder.:wave:

slappy magoo

Well, first of all, welcome to the forums.

Second of all, and please don't take offense, but I think most people posting in this section of the forum are DVC members and therefore wouldn't have to trade anything in to get a DVC unit, you know what I mean?

DVC works different from some other timeshare companies. Whereas some timeshare companies sell you a specific percentage of a specific property (or specific resort area), DVC members are assigned "points" that can be used in any of the DVC resorts at any time. You are assigned a "home" resort (in my case, Saratoga Springs) but I can book at any of the other resorts. The only difference is I can book at Saratoga 11 months in advance, and the other resorts I have to wait for a 7-month window. The amount of points you use depends on the resort, the size of the villa (studio, 1BR, 2BR and "Grand villas" that sleep 12), and the time of the year.

Alternately, DVC members can use their points for vacations elsewhere, primarily but not exclusively through Interval. We jump on the DVC website, and there's a link to the resorts available to us through Interval. We would call up DVC, tell them where we'd like to go, the hotel(s) in that locale we'd like to try. The DVC rep will tell us if it's available, how many of our DVC points it would take to stay there, and if we want it, the rep takes care of the rest. It's not really a "trade" scenario, per se, our decisions to stay outside of WDW are just based on availability. Or maybe it's because Interval always has plenty of people who want to stay at WDW, so it seems like we have better chances of booking outside resorts, so it doesn't seem like an issue.

So basically, the only way you're probably going to get a response is if someone here is a DVC member who wants to stay in Maine and willing to trade, but since we can do the exact same thing through DVC and not risk a deal with someone we don't know (again, no offense), probably not going to happen.

And finally, you don't have to necessarily post the same question twice. You can always just bump your original question up to the top of the list if you're afraid it's going to get lost. Of course, since your first post was already at the top of the list, it's safe to assume that anyone who saw your post didn't know the answer to your question. And this isn't as highly trafficked a subforum as the other categories. Patience...

Here's pertinent info from DVC's website...

Interval International Exchanges
Reserved Disney Vacation Club Resort accommodations can be exchanged for Interval International accommodations. Exchange weeks become available when owners at a resort in the Interval International program give up their week for exchange.

When you contact Member Services, a search will be conducted for an instant match.
If an instant match is found, your Vacation Advisor will confirm your exchange.
If an instant match is not found, you may request to have the system continue to search until a suitable match is found.
Your Vacation Advisor will contact you when a match has been found, and you will have two business days to return the phone call or your search will be cancelled.
Depositing Accommodations for a Future Exchange
With Interval International, you have the option of first depositing your reserved Disney Vacation Club Resort accommodations into the exchange system, then deciding later where and when you'd like to travel. However, once deposited, Disney Vacation Club Resort accommodations cannot be withdrawn.

If you deposit accommodations within 60 days of the start date of your deposited week, this is considered a "late deposit." In this case, an exchange may be confirmed only by calling Member Services 59 days or less from your requested check-in date.

Exchange Guidelines
Exchanges can be booked on a weekly basis (generally weekend to weekend).

A non-refundable $75 exchange fee is required when an instant match is confirmed or when a system search is initiated.

rockydek

Interval Exchanges

All of the DVC resorts are in the Interval Book. The larger the window, the better the chance. I have had great luck. Good Luck!

bigedefd

Original Poster
Thank you

Just a note to thank you for the info. I am working with Interval to see what we can get booked. I have many more questions but will have to wait till II confirms the booking. Again thank you for your time.:wave:

evsmama

I am a DVC member & own a few timeshares elsewhere. I've had EXCELLENT success trading INTO DVC, both at WDW & Vero Beach.

By the way, love Maine!

bigedefd

Original Poster
Awesome glad to hear someone has had luck. How long before did you deposit and how long before you got confirmed? Also how big a window did you give them?:sohappy:

DisneyMarg

I'd love to hear your results. My vacation club (not Disney) also works on points, and so far, I haven't had any luck - but I haven't really tried very hard. I have read on other threads (in addition to this one) that this does work. Good luck!

evsmama

DVC trade results

I've traded 2 times into OKW, both 2 br, both took 3 weeks. I gave a 6 month window from Nov. to April.

Traded 3 times into Vero, giving a 3 month window, March-May.

Magic Maker

Interval International owners generally can trade into DVC - however, the Interval International location that is owned and therefore being traded has to be one of the 550 Interval Internation resorts our members can exchange into.

There are over 1,000 Interval International Resort, and although DVC resorts are published in all Interval books, it must be one of the 550 we trade with. We do not trade with ALL Interval International reosrts, only the ones that fit in our specific criteria.

Bigedefd, if you can tell me the name of the resort you own I can tell you if it is a property we trade with. Again, DVC Resorts may be in your Interval catalog, but it may or may not be one of the resorts we work with.

bigedefd

Original Poster
Crossing the fingers

Well this weekend I bit the bullet threw my unit it the pool and made a request for a DVC unit. I put in for Boardwalk, Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge or Saratoga Springs. I hope to get either BW. or BC. but I would be thrilled with any of them, just get out of Maine and to the Happiest Place on Earth.
I will let you know what happens Gosh Oct 2008 is a long time away. But the planning gets me through the cold winters.

bigedefd

Original Poster
Maine

I am in Ellsworth its about 25 miles before you get to Acadia National Park. I am about 1 hour away from Howland. That is a nice area, great this time of year if you are into winter. they get snow more then we do down on the coast. But I could do without the snow myself but oh well. I have received 4 offers from Interval, but none were on property so I am holding out, I have several months, so no big hurry. I would just like to have a date so that I can book my cruise. :wave:

evsmama

Especially nice people in that northern cold weather. We like winter but are heading south for a break! Good luck with your trade--definately hold out for "on property"--it will come through!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom