International Program

MillVillDavid

Original Poster
Hey guys,

I have applied for the program(again!) with the intention of going on the hospitality program, where you get to work at one of the resorts(usually All-Star resorts). I heard though that this program isn't currently being run :( . Can anyone confirm this for me? The UK Pavillion is no good to me anymore(been there) so this is the only way I can get back, unless one of you Floridian ladies fancy marrying a nice scottish guy......

MillVillDavid
(Ambassador of the month Oct 2000)

Maria

Originally posted by MillVillDavid
Hey guys,

I have applied for the program(again!) with the intention of going on the hospitality program, where you get to work at one of the resorts(usually All-Star resorts). I heard though that this program isn't currently being run :( . Can anyone confirm this for me? The UK Pavillion is no good to me anymore(been there) so this is the only way I can get back, unless one of you Floridian ladies fancy marrying a nice scottish guy......

MillVillDavid
(Ambassador of the month Oct 2000)

HAHAHA! I can relate to that! I was hired for the hospitality program but declined it after postponning my arrival a few times. :animwink:

...and yeah, there is no other way to go back if you are not american, (except the marriage thing, of course) so I hope they havenpt canceled that program for your own sake. Friends who have done something similar say that it´s nothing like the Cultural Representative Program though, or in my case, the no longer existing Fellowship Ambassador Program. (But they all look good in your resume) :animwink:

Good luck!

MillVillDavid

Original Poster
I think it must be due to the cutbacks. As soon as your economy gets back on track and this dang war is over the better!! I'm still open to proposals though.............

Maria

Originally posted by MillVillDavid
I think it must be due to the cutbacks. As soon as your economy gets back on track and this dang war is over the better!! I'm still open to proposals though.............

I´m in Mexico! I don´t think "my" economy will get better that soon! :lol: I wish! :animwink:

Ona

Yeah, as far as I could figure out from the recruiters etc., ALL programs, except the WDWIP have been cancelled (for us in the UK anyway). :cry:

I don't start my IP until this summer but I know that I'll want to be back out there afterwards. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let there be a way by then! :(

I'd so love to do an advanced intership or the international management program. grrrrr. :hammer: :animwink:

Where abouts in sunny Scotland are you MillVillDavid
(Ambassador of the month Oct 2000)? :animwink: I'm over near Glasgow, in Gourock.

Ona ;)

MillVillDavid

Original Poster
You are not gonna believe this Ona.....I live in Greenock!! Straight up! I work down in Gourock though!!! Coincidence or what?! Inverclyde rocks(or Disney seems to think so!)

MillVillDavid
(Ambassador of the month, October 2000)

Ona

No way! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo (supposed to be the Twilight zone theme :rolleyes: )

LOL! That's so wierd. I just got an email not so long ago from someone who knows someone out there just now, who's mum works in the Rankin (okay, it's alot less distant than it sounds :rolleyes: ).

Weird! Who'd have thought it! Inverclyde full of smiley Disney people. You certainly wouldn't get that from standing waiting on a bus in Kilblain Street!!! :eek: :lol:

So I take it from your username that you worked in the Scottish pavilion in the Millenium Village. Were you one of the golfing guys?

Ona ;)

MillVillDavid

Original Poster
Yep. I was there with my blue waistcoat and tartan trousers! It was a cool job. Nothing can ever compare to it. It's really p-ing me off that I can't get onto that Hospitality Program :mad: or at least appears that way. I think I'll phone them and see what happens.

MillVillDavid
(Ambassador of the Month, Oct 2000)

disneytati

Originally posted by Ona
No way! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo (supposed to be the Twilight zone theme :rolleyes: )

LOL! That's so wierd. I just got an email not so long ago from someone who knows someone out there just now, who's mum works in the Rankin (okay, it's alot less distant than it sounds :rolleyes: ).

Weird! Who'd have thought it! Inverclyde full of smiley Disney people. You certainly wouldn't get that from standing waiting on a bus in Kilblain Street!!! :eek: :lol:

:lol: Something like this happened to me last year! There are only two brazilian people in the forums: myself and MKCustodial. We met here, and found out that we were in the same college, the same career! We even had friends and teachers in common!!!

I would really love to go to WDW in an IP, but I have no idea of how things work... Well, I decided to give up anyway, because I am going to have a baby this year... Maybe in two years I will start thinking about that again!

Kisses from Brazil!!!

Ona

Lol! Altogether now ...........................

It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, .................................................

:lol:

David, I would definitely keep phoning. Things are changing by the minute. I know of people who have had dates moved forward, back and all sorts. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)

disneytati, I know of one guy from Brazil who is heading out soon. He did the seasonal program and is going back for a longer program. I'm not sure which one it is exactly though.

Ona ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom