International program - Where do you have to work?

Alexx

Original Poster
As i'm from England, if I got accepted for an international program, would I have to work in England in the world showcase or somewhere else?

Thanks for the help

joanna71985

As i'm from England, if I got accepted for an international program, would I have to work in England in the world showcase or somewhere else?

Thanks for the help

For the year-long program, you would be working at Epcot (so in your case, the UK pavilion).

However, for the shorter 3-month program you could be working anywhere.

csaribay

Thanks for the help

Take a look at your documentation, there are actually two programs that you could have signed up for- the year long Cultural Representative Program (which Joanna mentions) takes place at your country's pavilion, while the J-1 International College Program (usually seven months) is similar to the College Program, which could mean placement in any of the four theme-parks and twenty two resorts.

Alexx

Original Poster
Im only 15 so I havent applied and I have a good few years left until i'm actually allowed to apply so i'm trying to get as much info as I possibly can about WDW IPs before I apply so I don't look like a complete idiot.

HeatherK

I believe there is a difference. When I did my college program, I was told by some of the international cp's that all the international cp's got placed in Magic Kingdom. But I could be wrong :shrug:

HS0411

Im only 15 so I havent applied and I have a good few years left until i'm actually allowed to apply so i'm trying to get as much info as I possibly can about WDW IPs before I apply so I don't look like a complete idiot.

There are two different programs for international students. One is the Disney International College Program (ICP). It requires J-1 student visa and will last from 3 months to one year. They can work anywhere at WDW (parks, resorts, etc). Many student will do two different roles in one year. This is open to college students that are enrolled at a university. I know Brighton in England offers credit for completing the internship. Also University of North Carolina at Greensboro and a school in Michigan will offer college credit as well to international students. You just need to apply to their schools.

The other program in the Disney International Program (We call it Epcot ICP for short). This requires a Q-1 cultural representative visa. This will place international students at Epcot representing the countries and at AK and AKL to represent student form Africa and Asia in the lands. This is 1 to 2 year program. Credit can very by university, but must credit is earned by the ICP.

Visit www.disneyinternationalprograms.com for more information.

I did it as an American and loved it. My housing was little different though. Americans live with American and Internationals live with Internationals. I got lucky though. I got to live in international housing. My roomies were from Mexico and Brazil.

Both programs are good. I made friends from both. My Epcot ICP friends just really wished they could have worked with people from outside their country. But for some countires, they loved the common language.

Either way, just be prepared for stupid "American" questions! What language do you speak in England? Enjoy!

nanna

Most people who do the international programs do not get credit for it, especially if you are from a university in england.

HS0411

I did it as an American and loved it.

How'd you get to do it as an American? I'd love to apply to that in the future.:confused:

Long story short, I had roommates that quit the program. So one by one they placed international student in my apartment. I also trained ICPs at my location and one moved in with me!

elisatonks

UK Disney Ops

I returned three months ago of the disney international program and had the time of my life!!! Currently Uk participants can do either the international college program or cultural rep program.

The International Progam is currently running three programs:

Sandwich Year - this is for undergradute students and is usually between 5 and 12 months in length. It is usually done by tourism and hospitality students as their work experience year during their degree.

Graduate - this is a six month programn were you do a postgrad course at rosen college of hospitality one day a week (this is the program i did) you can apply for this if you have graduated within the last 2 years i think.

Summer - this is usually 2-4 months over the summer holidays, and does not count as credit towards your course.

All International programs involve working anywhere at wdw. I worked Fantasmic!/ Block Party Bash/ Disney's Stars in Motor Cars Parade/ Beauty and the Beast and High School Musical @ DHS, but some of my friends worked at MK, DWWS, AK, EPCOT, PI and Resorts.

The Cultural rep program is the Q visa program above where you work in the UK pavilion.

Yummy jobs does UK and Canada's disney recruitment and their website is www.yummyjobs.com

colorito

I returned three months ago of the disney international program and had the time of my life!!! Currently Uk participants can do either the international college program or cultural rep program.

The International Progam is currently running three programs:

Sandwich Year - this is for undergradute students and is usually between 5 and 12 months in length. It is usually done by tourism and hospitality students as their work experience year during their degree.

Graduate - this is a six month programn were you do a postgrad course at rosen college of hospitality one day a week (this is the program i did) you can apply for this if you have graduated within the last 2 years i think.

Summer - this is usually 2-4 months over the summer holidays, and does not count as credit towards your course.

All International programs involve working anywhere at wdw. I worked Fantasmic!/ Block Party Bash/ Disney's Stars in Motor Cars Parade/ Beauty and the Beast and High School Musical @ DHS, but some of my friends worked at MK, DWWS, AK, EPCOT, PI and Resorts.

The Cultural rep program is the Q visa program above where you work in the UK pavilion.

Yummy jobs does UK and Canada's disney recruitment and their website is www.yummyjobs.com

Could you tell me more about the Graduate program. I'm starting this program on Oct. 5th. What's your experience with everything? Could you combine school with work? What was your role? Etc.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom