Interesting RnRC Rumor

Oh and one side note, the Rock "N" Roller coaster from Opryland is alive and well in Six Flags Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom known now as Canyon Blaster. At least it survived :)

Lee

Adventurer
I've never heard of another name for RnRC prior to Opryland closing.
I don't think it matters. There are plenty of examples of coasters with the same name.

As for having a ride overlay in storage...no. I don't think there is.
(Although all they would really have to do is change the sign out front, the pre/post-show video and on-board audio. Not a huge problem.)

Side note: *sigh* I miss Opryland.:(

Theme Parkitect

I still think they should buy the rights to ghostbusters (now that univerisal decided to let them go) and convert that whole coaster into a ghostbusters themed ride...paint the limo's to be ECTO-3's with the story being that you have to travel into the containment grid to rescue someone. With the 3rd movie in the works, and the franchise a clear success... it would work on many levels.

They could make that whole area "scary" hollywood, slap in a Nightmare before christmas darkride in the parking lot between RnRC and TOT and you have a bonifide themed area.

Hey. They've already got Villains in Vogue... :ROFLOL:

Unplugged

If the Aerosmith theme did have to go, a cool option could be Phineas and Ferb if planned correctly. It ties in with the rock'n'roll, the guitar, and roller coaster. Modifications can vary depending on the idea and the budget of course.

Aero

As for having a ride overlay in storage...no. I don't think there is.
(Although all they would really have to do is change the sign out front, the pre/post-show video and on-board audio. Not a huge problem.)

It would be tough to have an overlay ready that included a replacement video -- unless it was to go completely generic with no artist tie-in. Long live Aerosmith!

DocMcHulk

It would be tough to have an overlay ready that included a replacement video -- unless it was to go completely generic with no artist tie-in. Long live Aerosmith!

I could see where they might have something, or quickly develop something, that is generic until they can get a more concrete theme/band in place.

GrumpyFan

If the Aerosmith theme did have to go, a cool option could be Phineas and Ferb if planned correctly. It ties in with the rock'n'roll, the guitar, and roller coaster. Modifications can vary depending on the idea and the budget of course.

That would be an awesome idea! Love it!

TarzanRocked99-

Side note: *sigh* I miss Opryland.:(

what I wouldnt give to take a spin on the original version of CHAOS again.
I can still hear the que soundtrack "Access 3 Control has been Terminated" "Please move Quickly to the Station, Your Time is Running Out"

BigNorm

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Love Händel (fictitious rock band from P&F). I'd line up for this. *Everyone* "You Snuck Your Way Right Into My Heart!"

Ijones88

Knowing how Disney likes to turn animated features into rides, instead of coming up with something original, they'll probably turn it into a Stitch ride......:hurl::lookaroun

If that's true, that's pretty smart, especially considering your stereotypical rockstar. Has me intrigued with all of the possibilities. Or maybe the legend spun off of the planning they did for DCA when they were considering adding a clone, but with a "No Doubt" theme instead. Or maybe from the rumors a few years back during one of it's rehabs that it was going to open back up with a Hannah Montana theme. That was scary.

Personally, with all of the Miley Cyrus / Pole Dancing / messed-up family stories in the news lately, Aerosmith is suddenly looking like less of a PR liability than Mizz Cyrus / Hannah Montana!! HAHA! :drevil:

Judy :)

Crockett

Banned
Original Poster
Until 2010, i was a resident of Nashville TN for over 20 years (all my life). I frequently visited Opryland during my youth before it closed. They did indeed have a roller coaster called the Rock n Roller Coaster. It didn't share anything with the Disney version besides the name (it didn't have any inversions or anything). It was your basic steel coaster.
That's cool that some of you got to visit the famous Opryland before it closed. My only knowledge of the place is that it once existed, was really good, and nobody seems to be thrilled about the idea to replace it with a shopping mall. I sadly never went to the place when it was alive. :(

I still think they should buy the rights to ghostbusters (now that univerisal decided to let them go) and convert that whole coaster into a ghostbusters themed ride...paint the limo's to be ECTO-3's with the story being that you have to travel into the containment grid to rescue someone. With the 3rd movie in the works, and the franchise a clear success... it would work on many levels.

They could make that whole area "scary" hollywood, slap in a Nightmare before christmas darkride in the parking lot between RnRC and TOT and you have a bonifide themed area.
^I am loving every bit of this.

Lee

Adventurer
No. Just no. No toons in the coaster, please.:rolleyes:

what I wouldnt give to take a spin on the original version of CHAOS again.
I can still hear the que soundtrack "Access 3 Control has been Terminated" "Please move Quickly to the Station, Your Time is Running Out"
Ahhh...Chaos...
I well remember eating my first cup of "Dippin' Dots" while waiting in that queue. The ticking of the clocks. The coaster that was really nothing but one long spiral...

And ahhh....Opryland...
The joy of the Screamin' Delta Demon...the first inverting coaster in TN, the Wabash Cannonball...the Old Mill Scream...the stink of the petting zoo behind the Old Mill Scream...:lol:

I'll date myself. We spent the weekend after my honeymoon at Opryland. 1991.:eek:

bayoubelle

amuck, amuck, amuck
Personally, with all of the Miley Cyrus / Pole Dancing / messed-up family stories in the news lately, Aerosmith is suddenly looking like less of a PR liability than Mizz Cyrus / Hannah Montana!! HAHA! :drevil:

Judy :)

Who would ever have thought that Steven Tyler would be more wholesome than a teenaged Disney star? She seems as my daughter says "skanky".

I still think Spinal Tap was an incredible missed opportunity.

:ROFLOL:

ob1thx1138

No. Just no. No toons in the coaster, please.:rolleyes:

Ahhh...Chaos...
I well remember eating my first cup of "Dippin' Dots" while waiting in that queue. The ticking of the clocks. The coaster that was really nothing but one long spiral...

And ahhh....Opryland...
The joy of the Screamin' Delta Demon...the first inverting coaster in TN, the Wabash Cannonball...the Old Mill Scream...the stink of the petting zoo behind the Old Mill Scream...:lol:

I'll date myself. We spent the weekend after my honeymoon at Opryland. 1991.:eek:

I really miss that place. I remember when they first opened the Hang Man Coaster (inverted looping coaster). There was an area in the walkway in front of the loop that was flagged off with orange construction fencing, but it did not appear that they were doing any kind of work there. I asked one of the workers what was up with the area and he told me that area was flagged off because that is where the flip flops land when they fly off peoples feet in the loop and that there had been several people hit by flying flip flops.

I also miss the "3D" glasses they used to give you on Chaos to make the lighing effects cooler.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Wait, no one has tried to tie in the ficticious band "Driveshaft" from LOST yet? I'm shocked!

Where are all of those LOST freaks? maybe they can't find this thread.......:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom