Interesting facts

trr1

Original Poster
To be honest, I find that particular "Fact" hard to believe. If they knew were all the gold is located enough to make that really gigantic statement, I would like to know how that has been determined. My limited logic is having a hard time with acceptance.

trr1

Original Poster

Fact: Human beings can use only a small fraction of Earth’s water

In school, we were taught that most (specifically, 71 percent) of the planet’s surface is covered in water. While that’s true, humans can use only 0.007 percent of that water, according to National Geographic. That’s because only about 2.5 percent of Earth’s water is fresh water, and only 1 percent of that is accessible. The rest makes up glaciers and snowfields.

trr1

Original Poster

Fact: Wally Amos is responsible for making more than just cookies famous

You may be familiar with Wally “Famous” Amos, thanks to his packaged chocolate chip cookies. But before he worked his magic on the sweet treats, he was in the business of making people famous, Biography reports. He discovered and signed folk duo Simon & Garfunkel and was a talent rep for acts like Diana Ross, Sam Cooke, and Marvin Gaye.

Goofyernmost

trr1

Original Poster

Fact: People once ate arsenic to improve their skin

You’ve probably heard about how a lot of the Victorians’ favorite cosmetics were riddled with arsenic, but it gets worse. There were also products on the market in the late 19th century, like Dr. James P. Campbell’s Safe Arsenic Complexion Wafers, that were meant to be eaten. They claimed to get rid of freckles, blackheads, and other “facial disfigurements.” Admit it: That’s one of the most interesting facts you’ve learned in a while.

trr1

Original Poster
It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.

Goofyernmost

It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.

And even if it were true, if they are not depressed or a flat earther they would see it in front of them beyond the edge of the earth.

Goofyernmost

trr1

Original Poster

Goofyernmost

If you sneeze too hard, you could fracture a rib.

I fractured a rib that way. Well, not actually fractured but dislocated one end from my sternum. I remember it clearly. It was the night after my Mother passed and I was on the phone talking to my 4 year old grandson when I sneezed. I never had anything hurt as much as that did. That was 17 years ago and if I lay down at just the right angle I can feel and hear it still pop in and out of the location. For weeks after it happened it did that everytime I inhaled and exhaled. In fact, I was talking with a coworker, back then, that was sitting across the room from me and he heard it make that suction popping sound. It wasn't hurting at that point, but it sure was weird.

Lilofan

In the Asian culture, eating noodles on your birthday and on Lunar New Year symbolizes longevity in life. My Jewish roommate years ago said it’s tradition for his family and many Jewish people he knows to eat Chinese food on Dec 24/25. I like both traditions any day of the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom