Interactive cakes coming to a park near you?

Skipper03

Seems like more trouble than it is worth.

This RFID deal keeps getting worse all the time.

I still have not seen any ideas about it that offer anything more than "I guess that is kinda cool."

Still stuck on what is the point. If you really "need" your actual name mentioned, wouldn't it mean more from a CM directly?

As nice as it is, of course it wouldn't mean more to have a random CM know my name... I don't care if some stranger knows my name. But to have a character I've loved forever like Mickey or Buzz or whoever you love say you name... that's huge! I think that's going to make the characters more real and personable than ever, can't wait to see this fully implemented!

flavious27

As nice as it is, of course it wouldn't mean more to have a random CM know my name... I don't care if some stranger knows my name. But to have a character I've loved forever like Mickey or Buzz or whoever you love say you name... that's huge! I think that's going to make the characters more real and personable than ever, can't wait to see this fully implemented!

I don't think that disney would have random cm's come up to you and say your name, they are going to focus group it to find the most effective ways to use this service to enhance the customer's experience.

T-1MILLION

This thing is really random and not exactly the kind of thing I was expecting to see. I was expecting an interactive design technique for a cake that ends up being what you get later...but this is still a neato detail.

Not overly impressed but I could see this being a fun gimmick for EPCOT's futureworld desserts or Tomorrowland. a pointless and random technical gimmick is perfect for those places, but not sure how neato it will really it will be on a big scale. I can think of better uses for Augmented reality.

PS... THE CAKE IS A LIE.

JimboJones123

I just mean the personal interaction. I find a large part of my experience at WDW is interaction with amazing CMs.

Telepathetic characters creep me out.

flavious27

This thing is really random and not exactly the kind of thing I was expecting to see. I was expecting an interactive design technique for a cake that ends up being what you get later...but this is still a neato detail.

Not overly impressed but I could see this being a fun gimmick for EPCOT's futureworld desserts or Tomorrowland. a pointless and random technical gimmick is perfect for those places, but not sure how neato it will really it will be on a big scale. I can think of better uses for Augmented reality.

PS... THE CAKE IS A LIE.

It fits in with I think an ice cream party they have where you can design your own flavor, anybody else hear about this? I know it was part of an episode of unwrapped on the food network.

Skipper03

I don't think that disney would have random cm's come up to you and say your name, they are going to focus group it to find the most effective ways to use this service to enhance the customer's experience.

Yes I'm aware, I was stating that in response to JimboBones' comment. My understanding is the focus will be technology driven, allowing better character interaction...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom