[INT] Character help

Gorjus

First, you need a character attendant that really knows how to close the line. Stand at the back of the line with arms outstretched so that even approaching guests from a distance can see that the line is closed. Leave the photopass person in the front of the line with your character. They'll be a good bodyguard.

Second, if this really was their favorite character, they would have prioritized their visit with this character more. Don't hang out at AK all day and then show up at Epcot at 5:45 and say you need to see a princess who is leaving at 6 PM. So, don't fall for that line. Even if they are leaving tomorrow for home, don't fall for it.

Third, unless the park is closing, there is always another character to see. Alice and the Pooh characters will be in UK till 8:30, character spot is open till 9 PM. At MK, or Epcot, the face characters go in at about 6 PM. That is because they have to go to Fantasmic at Studios. People seem to be more understanding that the character has another assignment elsewhere than the performer must go home for the day.

And if children have a hissy fit (I had 3 different families at one time) at the end of the day because the character won't be back, it is the parents' fault, not yours. One they didnt' prioritize, two, they raised a child that throws tantrums and has not been taught how to handle disappointments in life.

You can always offer to get an autograph for them, by going backstage. And as a last resort, I THINK entertainment has autographed stock photos of the characters. You could track one of those down.

Worst case scenario...a dad insisted he was having a photo taken with a character. One character attendant called security, one walked the characters off set with a promise to those legitimately in line that the characters would be right back, one kept the gentleman from advancing toward the characters. A unique situation considering most characters only have one attendant.

As a photopass person, I've walked characters off set while the attendant dealt with the unruly guest and the reverse has happened as well...I deal with the guest while the attendant walks the character off set.

Moral of the story...whatever is important to you in your Disney trip, do it early in the trip and early in the day, be it rides or characters or shows.

joanna71985

do you have an tips on how to deal with this kinda situation (kids screaming and crying because you closed the line, or parents shouting at you for not letting them in line) for new Character Attendants?

:)

All you can do is tell them "I'm sorry, but ___will be back at __" (this is for if they leave for parade, or anything else) or tell them "I'm sorry, but ___ is done for the day". You have to be firm, and not let the parents get to you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom