Insider info on nemo ride

Gfhweb

Original Poster
Some spoilers in this post

I have a very reputable source that has given me some info on the new nemo ride in the living seas. The nemo ride will have vehicles more in the style of doombuggies than the seacabs except the new vehicles will resemble clams, the reason for the doom buggy reference is becasue that is how they will open and close. I am not sure at this time wther the ride will be a continuosly loading, which is what i feel it will be, one or not but it will definantly hava substantial amount of ride vehicles in operation at all times. The ride will also follow through diferent reefs and such like the secabs did through underwater glass tubes. The ride path also seems to curve alot more than the seacabs path did so it might mean new tunnels. One thing i noticed though is that for any construction of this ride to happen or work on the reefs around the ride, as mentioned in other threads, will have to be done underwater because of the fact that there is no way to drain just one part of the living seas. In actuallity though i recently found out that if the structure of part of the building became somehow compramised and could flood the building there is a way top drain the living seas into a reservoir out side the building somewhere, just a quiz fact.

Gfhweb

Original Poster
Tigger1988 said:
Care to name your source? Because I'm not believing anything not stated by the Disney company themselves.

He's vice president of a division in imagineering in pasadena california this information he gave me while touring one of the imagineering facilities in pasadena with his son who is my best friend that had to move to california because of imagineering being shifted from florida to california. None of this is official though i only saw some moch ups and such so if the execs at disney don't like what they have come up with so far things will have to be changed. But that is what i saw. This was also not stated by the company but by a person within it. So you can choose to beleive me or not.

raven

Gfhweb said:
Some spoilers in this post

I have a very reputable source that has given me some info on the new nemo ride in the living seas. The nemo ride will have vehicles more in the style of doombuggies than the seacabs except the new vehicles will resemble clams, the reason for the doom buggy reference is becasue that is how they will open and close.

That's an Omnimover. You can look it up on Google. They used the same ones for another ride back in the early days but they were blue. I believe that was the ride where you were shrunk and went through the human body. :wave:

Gfhweb

Original Poster
raven said:
That's an Omnimover.
Yes thats the word I was looking for, they willbe alot like that atom mobile more than buzz lightyear or spaceship earth in that the top will rise above you to encapsulate you.

Captain Chaos

I don't believe it... I'll wait until Disney releases official information.. However, the longer track does back up other rumors about the hydolators being removed to add track for the ride... Interesting piece of news.. Thanks for sharing...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The original version of the Living Seas as in the official published concept art and information mentions first "bubbles" and then later "clam shells" like the atom mobiles/doombuggies. This would distinctly fix the no-doors issue that originally was the ride's demise.

How easy is it to fit one type of omnimover vehicle onto a track designed for another? I guess for Imagination it wasn't so hard.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Also, for all of imagineering's tests over at DL in the sub lagoon (which lead to their current work on gutting and reopening it with Nemo) they were working under water.

peter11435

mousermerf said:
The original version of the Living Seas as in the official published concept art and information mentions first "bubbles" and then later "clam shells" like the atom mobiles/doombuggies. This would distinctly fix the no-doors issue that originally was the ride's demise.

How easy is it to fit one type of omnimover vehicle onto a track designed for another? I guess for Imagination it wasn't so hard.
Actually I am almost certain Imagination uses the same vehicles it always did. They were just repainted. However Dreamflight/Buzz would be a good example of an omnimovers vehicle being changed.

Tigger1988

peter11435 said:
Actually I am almost certain Imagination uses the same vehicles it always did. They were just repainted. However Dreamflight/Buzz would be a good example of an omnimovers vehicle being changed.

The vehicles in Buzz are the same as Dreamflight's. They just altered them a bit.

peter11435

Tigger1988 said:
The vehicles in Buzz are the same as Dreamflight's. They just altered them a bit.
I don't think so. Dream flight had a fixed front and a bar. Buzz has a pivoting front similar to the HM. A am 99% certain they are new vehicles. However it is possible parts from the old vehicles were used I am nearly ceratin the are new vehicles.

Tigger1988

peter11435 said:
I don't think so. Dream flight had a fixed front and a bar. Buzz has a pivoting front similar to the HM. A am 99% certain they are new vehicles. However it is possible parts from the old vehicles were used I am nearly ceratin the are new vehicles.

I'll try and find where I read their the same vehicles. I believe it was Allearsnet.com. Let me check.

**EDIT** I found it. This is straight from www.allearsnet.com

"In June 1972 the ride opened as the Eastern Airlines sponsored "If You Had Wings." This was a slow-moving dark ride exploring the joys and wonders of travel. Guests continued to enjoy it until June 1987 when Disney and Eastern parted company.

After Eastern ended its sponsorship, the ride went down for a couple of weeks and re-opened later in June 1987 with minor changes as "If You Could Fly."

Closing again in January 1989, it underwent a complete refurbishment and show change. It re-emerged in June 1989 as "Dreamflight" sponsored by Delta Airlines. It was still a slow-moving dark ride with a travel theme, but with a whole new show.

In 1996, Delta dropped its sponsorship and the ride was re-named "Take Flight," although almost nothing was changed other than the removal of Delta's logos from the building.

"Take Flight" closed for good in January 1998, with its new replacement, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, opening in October of that year. The Buzz ride still uses the original "Wings" ride track and the same Omni-Mover cars with a few modifications, believe it or not!"

RSD Part Deux

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SO STRONGLY DOUBT RUMOURS. This is the rumours sections, take it for what they are worth. You want offical annoucements from the Disney Company? Then go to www.disney.com. If you dont like the essence of the rumour section then stay out.

gsimpson

Bravo Part Deux!!

It is really a shame that a lot of people read the rumors section and then get upset that it contains *** Rumors ***. The only thing that seems even more odd is that a lot of the same people have the very unDisneylike trait of being downright nasty about their disbelief in a given rumor.

According to a program that aired on Discovery or Travel the ride system in Buzz is the same as If You Had Wings/Dream Flight etc. but they completely revamped the cars. This was according to an Imagineer whom they interviewed, whos said they quite literally took parts off one of the other rides and did some tinkering to get the ability to spin the car around somewhat. Pretty good ROI for an investment they made 30 some years ago....

peter11435

gsimpson said:
It is really a shame that a lot of people read the rumors section and then get upset that it contains *** Rumors ***. The only thing that seems even more odd is that a lot of the same people have the very unDisneylike trait of being downright nasty about their disbelief in a given rumor.

According to a program that aired on Discovery or Travel the ride system in Buzz is the same as If You Had Wings/Dream Flight etc. but they completely revamped the cars. This was according to an Imagineer whom they interviewed, whos said they quite literally took parts off one of the other rides and did some tinkering to get the ability to spin the car around somewhat. Pretty good ROI for an investment they made 30 some years ago....
After looking at pictures of the old dreamflight vehicles you are correct they are the same.

Epcot82Guy

Count me in as one who is excited about this rumor, even if it is just a rumor. I think updating the original Seas concept in anyway to become a longer, larger-scale ride would be great. So, here's to it being true and "eh" if it's not.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
MrNonacho said:
I choose not. Except for maybe the clam thing.

I actually heard that the ride vehicle was going to be more in the shape of a scallop and not a clam....but my source is not as reputable as the one specifically pointed out above.... :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom