Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yensidtlaw1969

January 1 would be an odd choice of start date. Some of the 50th projects won’t be done by then. Of course they opened an unfinished SWL and that went spectacularly so why not?
It still stuns me that they opened Galaxy's Edge this way after the bungling of the New Fantasyland rollout. Pixar Pier seemed to stagger the opening of its "attractions" as well.

Has there ever been an example of this piecemeal opening strategy working well for Disney?

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Do the other 3 parks still have backstage facilities capable of housing parades?

would love for a Tapestry return
No. Tapestry won't ever return due to the current condition of WS.
Is Spaceship Earth going to be down the entire time the 50th celebration runs through?
We all have different ideas of when it should go down but most likely yes. It's probably going down in Febuary and coming back late 2022 in time for Epcot's 40th. Something else will be announced for Epcot during the 50th opening in 2024. It'll give World Celebration a "Little Spark" of color...

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Has there ever been an example of this piecemeal opening strategy working well for Disney?
No. We call it the "Cheap Chapek Plan". Bring in money by slowly rolling things out. Think about it. For people who came to see Star Wars oand they now have to make 2 trips to see both rides. Had it opened together, only one trip wouldve been necessary.

@FigmentFan82 Yes. W D W N T was on to something when they reported the black box attraction coming to DHS.

Disorbust

I apreciate your posts, even if they ring a little "sketchy", but I hope you really know how to cover your tracks. Their are millennial interns dying for full time roles watching, always watching.

Does anyone really think MSEP would drive attendance? I like it and eveything but it's not going to push me to book a $10,000 trip. If they aren't coming for Star Wars isn't there a bigger issue like say the crazya$$ COST!!

It is so sad that creating a new night parade was an after thought. A "MK forever" type parade could have been a draw, but this is pandering and comes of cheap.

The fourth quarter call should be interesting.

Unbanshee

How do you think we find out about what people are on to? We monitor W D W N T (I dont know why it was blurred) heavily and PR had a meltdown over that "who we are at W D W N T". Manaagement knows of him. Pretty much everyone in the Disney Company in the parks division knows about him.

Here's a question: why isn't anything done about it? He continues to host special events at the parks. He continues to break rules by having guests "pay" to play scavenger hunts. There is plenty of grounds to ban him from the parks yet nothing is done. Disney is complicit

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Here's a question: why isn't anything done about it? He continues to host special events at the parks. He continues to break rules by having guests "pay" to play scavenger hunts. There is plenty of grounds to ban him from the parks yet nothing is done. Disney is complicit
I will admit for some reason those in charge of stuff like that (not my job) they don't enforce the rules on him but are keeping a watchful eye.
The fourth quarter call should be interesting.
We've seen projections and it is grim.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
I call BS to this whole thing. Nothing has been said here that other people haven't already said. And, the whole backstory seems like an overly dramatic crafted story to get people to believe him/her. I'm not buying it.
Good for you I guess? From here on out I'm not entertaining any replies about me not being credible. Either believe me or dont. I'm here for the people who are genuinely interested.

@atighe42 It was proposed but fell flat for the most part.

Rodj

I.e. Figment update, American Adventure history update, updates to Living With The Land, Tower of Terror Drop Sequences, RnRC retheme, etc...-Later but not for the 50th.
TDO needs to fix all of the broken effects first with the Tower.

ToTBellHop

Either ask questions or don’t . Plenty of other threads to read if you’re bored
Excuse me? I was here for 18 years before he arrived and I’ll be here after he leaves. I’ve seen this episode before. And I’ve seen thousands of sheople come and go.

Imagine if Martin titled every thread “Insider info on...”.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom