Inside Video of Mission:Space online!!

CTXRover

Original Poster
Hey guys.

I didn't see it anywhere here, but a video of the queue and a short clip of people on Mission Space can be found at the bottom of the first post at:

http://www.mouseinfo.com/mousetalk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7711

you will need quicktime to view it. It shows off the queue a little which looks amazing and shows a brief clip of guest's expressions as lift-off occurs. It looks like they are loving it :) Notice the guy on the bottom left, he is responsible for pressing a button to release the "boosters". AWESOME!!!

(Thanks to www.mouseinfo.com)

EDIT-----

If the above link does not work, to access the video, go to www.mouseinfo.com and then click on the Mission:Space link in the short update paragraph on the home page. The link to the video is at the bottom of the first post.

MsSnuzi

WOW!

:D
Awesome - thanks CTX! This is such a great place for information. My only regret is I didn't find you all sooner :mad:

Shaman

The video is great..,,the people aren't screaming for their lives...instead they look to be having a great time...I think this is Disney's trademark...PURE fun and not all that intense. What makes it even better is that you do have a role to play in the whole ride, you're not just sitting there...there are buttons to press..and and....I can't wait to get on M:S...BTW the queue is beautiful:hammer: .

Did anyone happen to see the Mission: Space Ladder???...I didn't I guess he didn't make the final cut.:lookaroun :lol: :animwink:

kevlightyear

That's fantastic! Thanks so much!

The queue looks awesome, I can't wait to ride. We need to find one of those people who rode it and interrogate them! :lol:

When did they film those outside shots, and how come no one knew about them. . .

Thanks again!

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Originally posted by kevlightyear
When did they film those outside shots, and how come no one knew about them. . .

A few days ago, someone mentioned that they were filming commercials outside the building. Perhaps it was really for this video?

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by kevlightyear
That's fantastic! Thanks so much!

The queue looks awesome, I can't wait to ride. We need to find one of those people who rode it and interrogate them! :lol:

Thanks again!

They may have simply taped the daytime shots before hours and the evening shots after hours so that we wouldn't know about it. At least this confirms that the ride is complete--no reason why it can't open ahead of schedule. Since Disney released the date August 15th to the press, I would expect the press to be hounding the ride come the 15th--yet another reason I think Disney will want guests to have ridden it before this date, to make sure everyone is perfect. They don't want another Light Magic incident where the press ruined an attraction's chance at success based on a preview night

kevlightyear

Originally posted by MrNonacho
A few days ago, someone mentioned that they were filming commercials outside the building. Perhaps it was really for this video?

That must be it--but did they take down the wall a few days ago?

Florida Man

Originally posted by DogsRule!
They don't want another Light Magic incident where the press ruined an attraction's chance at success based on a preview night

To what attration are you refering to?

O yeah. And another thing, four poeple to a pod right? how are they going to make everybody get on the ride? Isn't the line going to be really long?? Just wondering. I don't kno how many pods there are. So maybe that's where I went wrong. Other than that I can't wait to ride it!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by DISNEYRULES!!!
To what attration are you refering to?

O yeah. And another thing, four poeple to a pod right? how are they going to make everybody get on the ride? Isn't the line going to be really long?? Just wondering. I don't kno how many pods there are. So maybe that's where I went wrong. Other than that I can't wait to ride it!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

This attraction will handle about 2000 guests each hour. There are four guests in each pod, 10 pods on each centrifuge, and 4 centrifuges--160 guests ride during each ride cycle.

I was refering to the attraction Light Magic, a very short lived nighttime parade at Disneyland whose chances of ever being a success were destroyed on its first night of showing, because the media didn't like it. That is why I would never expect Disney to open an attraction without first letting guests experience it in unannounced soft openings. That is why I still expect it to open before the 15th, although I will no longer say Juneish--if that happens, fantastic, but I would definitely be on it being open sometime in late July to its first guests. Perhaps this is where the separation came from among park management, with some saying June, some saying the fall. That could perhaps signify that Disney wants guests to start experiencing this attraction early this summer. This is all speculation, of course, but it seems to me like too many things suggest an earlier than August 15th opening to just be coincidence.

1) Ride video out and pictures released show that ride, preshow, and post show are complete
2) Guests have ridden this attraction
3) Fastpass kiosks installed
4) Disney announces August 15th as date for guests to start experiencing the attraction--and the date the media will undoubtedly be covering this attraction--Disney would never let an attraction like this have its first day of opening on the day guests will hear about the attraction on the news, as if there were any problems, that would be reflected in media reviews
5) Disney tells travel agents to start booking trips for people post August 15th, suggesting they are pretty confident everything will be in working order by then
6) Outdoor signs on
7) Indoor effects, including the Gravity Wheel, turned on
8) First Mission: SPACE pins out
9) Disney has still yet to tell guests the August 15th date is that of a soft opening--all articles sent to guests from Disney indicate August 15th as the "opening". Not debating that October is the grand opening, but disney has been careful with their wording
10) an overall vagueness in everything released by Disney, along with the fact that Disney spokepersons were stating Fall as the opening only days before the summer date was announced, leads me to believe things are changing at a fast pace, and Disney is keen to open this attraction sooner rather than later.

All of these would suggest an earlier opening, of course the other argument is that "disney has said soft openings start August 15th", but I cannot think of one incident with an E-ticket attraction where the attraction has not had several weeks of unannounced soft opening prior to announced openings.

Main Street USA

Yeah, it's awesome.:)

Someone posted that this video was up in a different thread.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure they'll be getting in trouble for posting it. It doesn't look like the type of video Disney would ever release to the public. Instead, it looks more like some clips edited together from a training video of some sort. Not great quality, or great editing.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Main Street USA
Yeah, it's awesome.:)

Someone posted that this video was up in a different thread.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure they'll be getting in trouble for posting it. It doesn't look like the type of video Disney would ever release to the public. Instead, it looks more like some clips edited together from a training video of some sort. Not great quality, or great editing.

So, in other words, save it to your hard drive real quick! Isn't this just the video they played at the Mission: SPACE Press Conference on Tuesday? I know they showed a preview video--I just figured this was the one.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by DogsRule!
This attraction will handle about 2000 guests each hour. There are four guests in each pod, 10 pods on each centrifuge, and 4 centrifuges--160 guests ride during each ride cycle.

I was refering to the attraction Light Magic, a very short lived nighttime parade at Disneyland whose chances of ever being a success were destroyed on its first night of showing, because the media didn't like it. That is why I would never expect Disney to open an attraction without first letting guests experience it in unannounced soft openings. That is why I still expect it to open before the 15th, although I will no longer say Juneish--if that happens, fantastic, but I would definitely be on it being open sometime in late July to its first guests. Perhaps this is where the separation came from among park management, with some saying June, some saying the fall. That could perhaps signify that Disney wants guests to start experiencing this attraction early this summer. This is all speculation, of course, but it seems to me like too many things suggest an earlier than August 15th opening to just be coincidence.

1) Ride video out and pictures released show that ride, preshow, and post show are complete
2) Guests have ridden this attraction
3) Fastpass kiosks installed
4) Disney announces August 15th as date for guests to start experiencing the attraction--and the date the media will undoubtedly be covering this attraction--Disney would never let an attraction like this have its first day of opening on the day guests will hear about the attraction on the news, as if there were any problems, that would be reflected in media reviews
5) Disney tells travel agents to start booking trips for people post August 15th, suggesting they are pretty confident everything will be in working order by then
6) Outdoor signs on
7) Indoor effects, including the Gravity Wheel, turned on
8) First Mission: SPACE pins out
9) Disney has still yet to tell guests the August 15th date is that of a soft opening--all articles sent to guests from Disney indicate August 15th as the "opening". Not debating that October is the grand opening, but disney has been careful with their wording
10) an overall vagueness in everything released by Disney, along with the fact that Disney spokepersons were stating Fall as the opening only days before the summer date was announced, leads me to believe things are changing at a fast pace, and Disney is keen to open this attraction sooner rather than later.

All of these would suggest an earlier opening, of course the other argument is that "disney has said soft openings start August 15th", but I cannot think of one incident with an E-ticket attraction where the attraction has not had several weeks of unannounced soft opening prior to announced openings.

Great Points. This kind of makes me think of when Rock N Roller Coaster opened. We were there for the last day of soft openings where the attraction was not talked about by the CM's alot. But the next day we went to the park (maybe 2 days later) the ride was on the front of the park maps with other different advertising. But it was (I believe) a month later that Aerosmith was there for the "grand opening". So maybe Disney is coining a new term with "previews" as being a time where it is open before the big "official grand opening" and not truely "soft openings". I am just a regular guest and am completely guessing here so PLEASE do not take my post here as anything but speculation and a little bit of wishful thinking :) .

MKCustodial

OK, my brother didn't know anything about M:S besides its basic concept, and he's now incredibly hyped just because of what he saw in theat video. :lol:

Is it me or the guy on the bottom right looked like he was about to faint? :lol: :lol:

I have to admit, the attraction does look interesting, and the Imagineers at least make it seems like it'll be very educational (definately more than Test Track). But this video also ilustrates my basic question about M:S: will it have multi-language tracks or subtitles? Because imagine you're traveling solo. You get to the attraction and you're gonna ride with three other Guests. Now, using the video, imagine the Guest responsible for the separation is foreign. I suppose the computer will eventually act on its own if the Guest doesn't act on time (so you don't crash your spaceship before you even began riding it). But you'll be one frustrated fella untill the computer does act, watching your time limit expire, "threatening" your mission, while the poor guy has no idea what the computer is asking him to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom