Inside TOT

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Original Poster
Just found this rather shaky shot I took when TOT went pete Tong when we were on it in Nov, we were pulled out on some kind of pump truck.

Attachments

• toftinside.jpg
    toftinside.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 434

tenchu

Originally posted by happy snapper
Just found this rather shaky shot I took when TOT went pete Tong when we were on it in Nov, we were pulled out on some kind of pump truck.

Were you in one of the drop shafts when it went wrong?

Pumbas Nakasak

Original Poster
We were just going through the door, into the drop shaft. We were in the dark for several minutes, then they turned the lights on. 15 or so mins later the ride restated and we were dropped with the lights on. we saw the palstic people in the shaft.

Then to cap it all it stuck at the very bottom thats why they pulled the lift cabin out. The maintensnce guy said not to worry as it was only the safety system being over sensitive.

wed050499

hey all,

yeah i remembered when i shadowed a manager from that area back, oh about april or so, the ride broke down and the car had stopped about 2 feet off ground level at the bottom of the drop shaft. What set it off? A metallic ball point pen.

Brian

Imagineer Jer

Originally posted by happy snapper

Hey!
WOW! that had must of been freaky or something to experience that. Or maybe it was the "real" ghosts of the tower.

crazygirley

I was on it once, about four years ago, sitting in the middle seat when something went wrong as we were passing from the shaft onto the track, we got stuck halfway in between, one half of the car was on, one half ws still in the shaft, and we were told not to move or stand or rock the car. The lights came up after about three minutes, and we were told that some people were coming up to remove us, and to still not move around too much. We were removed very dramatically, one by one, onto the track platform, which is like plexiglass and metal tracking. On the walls, where you see the eyeball and breaking window and all, it's like, mesh curtians covering over the T.V.'s that show the images. You can see all the way down to the dropshaft, too, when all the lights go on, and it's a basic brick wall, red. We went down stairs, about what seemed like 8 stories, down to the boiler room, and right back on the ride, in front of everyone, it was so cool!!! :slurp:

Pumbas Nakasak

Original Poster
Originally posted by DMC-12
Hey!

So did they give you a pass to ride again, without having to wait in Line? :)

We were offered a chance to ride again or a pass to come back later and not Q. Nobody took them up on the offer, I think it took over 25 minuted to get out from when the ride first stopped. They were very appologetic, Im assuming that the tie wearing guy wasw someone more senior than a normal CM. What surprised us was that the other shaft was running normally so very few people new that anything was wrong

And no it wasnt as much fun with the light on, and that area in the picture is looking back towards the base of the shaft, im assuming that the work shop area is normally screened by a removeable wall. The biggest surprise was how far off the ground the lift car was we had to use a few steps to get out.:hammer:

Fossil

I am not usually updated with info... I wanted to know if seat belts were already added to tower of terror, or is there still the lap bars?:hammer:

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by Fossil
I am not usually updated with info... I wanted to know if seat belts were already added to tower of terror, or is there still the lap bars?:hammer:

2 of the 10 vehicles have had seatbalts installed across the entire back seat, with plans in place to refit the entire fleet thusly within a short time.

mickeycruiseme

Seat Belts

We went on three different times over New Years week and two of three had seat belts in the back row. I asked to have a back row with seat belts for my small children who can just get on and the seat belts keep them from flying around. When I asked they put us to the side till the car that had it came up for boarding.

amanda

hey everyone! this is my 1st post!:wave:

i think it is always the same elevator that has trouble (if im not mistaken, the 1 to the very left) because the last time i was there, we were with another family and not only did our family get stuck on it, but they did as well on the same elevator.

as for the seatbelts, i didnt know about them getting new ones. Are all the seats supposed to get seatbelts? if so that would be really neat!

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by amanda
hey everyone! this is my 1st post!:wave:

i think it is always the same elevator that has trouble (if im not mistaken, the 1 to the very left) because the last time i was there, we were with another family and not only did our family get stuck on it, but they did as well on the same elevator.

as for the seatbelts, i didnt know about them getting new ones. Are all the seats supposed to get seatbelts? if so that would be really neat!

Heh...downtimes are an equal-opportunity demon. They don't play favorites, in my experience (except when it comes to those seatbelt vehicles, but that's another story).

Plans are in place to fit all of the backseats with belts, but the lapbars will probably be in place in the front 2 rows for a while. The seatbelt indicators on the vehicles are designed with a light for every seat in the vehicle, but that doesn't necessarily mean every seat will eventually have a belt.

I remember when i went with the lights on. the car stopped in the hall right before the drop and this guy came out and talked to us,he told us if we had kept going it would have been our last ride since the drop platform wasnt there,lol now i can say i had a near death experience(well not really) at wdw and was saved by a really cute cm

AliciaLuvzDizne

okay so ToT really scared me but i thought it was really fun
so
i want seat belts lap bars shoulder harnesses and how about they slow it down a bit!!

just kidding
but i would never wanna ride the seatbelt only seat eeek!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom