Inside Evermore, where the future of theme parks is not about rides but play

fractal

Original Poster
Not sure where this belongs, but with the new Star Wars resort coming I thought it clearly speaks to a "new" and welcome (in my opinion) movement in Theme Parks.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ore-future-of-theme-parks-20181109-story.html

snipit...

The future of theme parks might just be in a Salt Lake City suburb. This is where you will find Evermore, where one of its star attractions is not a state-of-the-art coaster nor a thrill ride populated with scenes from a recent superhero movie. Instead, it is a tavern called the Crooked Lantern.

To get to the Crooked Lantern, one of the oddest and liveliest bars west of the Mississippi, you must dodge the druids near the town border, walk past the aviary without being distracted by the woman with a baby dragon and hang a left at the gaggle of buzzing faeries.

Cmdr_Crimson

Not sure where this belongs, but with the new Star Wars resort coming I thought it clearly speaks to a "new" and welcome (in my opinion) movement in Theme Parks.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ore-future-of-theme-parks-20181109-story.html

snipit...

The future of theme parks might just be in a Salt Lake City suburb. This is where you will find Evermore, where one of its star attractions is not a state-of-the-art coaster nor a thrill ride populated with scenes from a recent superhero movie. Instead, it is a tavern called the Crooked Lantern.

To get to the Crooked Lantern, one of the oddest and liveliest bars west of the Mississippi, you must dodge the druids near the town border, walk past the aviary without being distracted by the woman with a baby dragon and hang a left at the gaggle of buzzing faeries.

It's an interesting concept....It would be like they took the idea of The Adventurer's Club and expanded throught the Adventureland area or more park-wide like AK...

JIMINYCR

Looks like it would be fun and entertaining. A large segment of people are drawn to the interactive, personal experience they can take part in. Disneys given us a taste of this with the guest interactive Hollywood citizens and other street performers. They really miss the mark when they started removing their presence in the park and restricting the performances. In our area the escape rooms are growing in popularity with providing an entertaining challenge.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It's an interesting concept....It would be like they took the idea of The Adventurer's Club and expanded throught the Adventureland area or more park-wide like AK...

Actually not, the Adventurer club opened in 1989 and was very limited in scope. Eight years prior to that there was a novel by Larry Niven called Dream Park (1981) which covered an immersive theme park.

winstongator

I got excited When I heard Disney’s code name for either galaxy’s edge or the hotel was Delos.
West-world+WWoHP+theVoid = my imagination run amok

There are some incredible things they can do. Some might be too cm/cost intensive. If that’s the case, maybe they’re done once in a while?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I got excited When I heard Disney’s code name for either galaxy’s edge or the hotel was Delos.
West-world+WWoHP+theVoid = my imagination run amok

There are some incredible things they can do. Some might be too cm/cost intensive. If that’s the case, maybe they’re done once in a while?

Not exactly something you'd want your guests to know about, killer robots culling the crowds.

Disstevefan1

Although Disney is hinting we may see something like this in the new Star Wars hotel, I think (If the Star Wars hotel experience actually happens) this will be a premium experience and will be very expensive, further enforcing a class system within the parks, but that's another post for another discussion...

I think Disney is working to minimize live actors for the "regular" theme park guest. For Disney, live actors cost more and cant be controlled like their animatronics.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hey, what ever happened to Evermore?

Oh...

This...

[thread in a better category of forums]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom