insanity work outs

imagination30

Original Poster
okay heres my question , i did some work outs over my vactrion last wek , bc my cusin has the dvds , and i really like them .... and kinda easy bc ive been runing and im in shape now , would insanity help me tone my body? and is it worth geting?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I actually just got them myself, and was going to to the program starting next week, as I have exactly 6 weeks between a half marathon I'm running this weekend, and the Tough Mudder in August.

GoofyRacer11

okay heres my question , i did some work outs over my vactrion last wek , bc my cusin has the dvds , and i really like them .... and kinda easy bc ive been runing and im in shape now , would insanity help me tone my body? and is it worth geting?

I'm on week 5 of Insanity, which is the recovery week between the two months. Within the first month I have
noticed more definition in my calves, chest, and a little in my arms. Since month 2 is extremely harder than the first, I have no doubt that I will continue to notice a change. I start month 2 on Monday, so I will keep you updated with my results.

Later Days!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I have wanted to start my old original P90x workouts again, but with the full time job, kids and busy lifestyle, I will have to settle for my running schedule and additions of cycling and swimming. I really wish there was 30 hours in a day. LOL

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
My wife just completed Insanity. It is a serious workout. @EEY0RE will hopefully see this and give you her thoughts.

I would also take a look at P90X2 - lots of core work, which I felt was more effective for improving running performance than P90X was.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Insanity is a great workout, but it doesn't focus on strength much. Its a lot of cardio and great for fat burning. I think if you want to develop some muscle you'd be better off with a strength training program like P90X or P90X 2 along with running. I did the first phase of Insanity along with running without any strength training and found that I lost some muscle definition and strength in my upper body. I added my strength training back in during the second phase and I was much happier with that regime.

I found P90X and P90X2 to be lacking on the cardio front and Insanity to be lacking in the strength area. So I guess to sum up- Insanity is great but like most things its just not enough on its own, you need a combination of exercises/programs for the best results.

GoofyRacer11

Insanity is a great workout, but it doesn't focus on strength much. Its a lot of cardio and great for fat burning. I think if you want to develop some muscle you'd be better off with a strength training program like P90X or P90X 2 along with running. I did the first phase of Insanity along with running without any strength training and found that I lost some muscle definition and strength in my upper body. I added my strength training back in during the second phase and I was much happier with that regime.

I found P90X and P90X2 to be lacking on the cardio front and Insanity to be lacking in the strength area. So I guess to sum up- Insanity is great but like most things its just not enough on its own, you need a combination of exercises/programs for the best results.

Maybe its just me, but I think that Insanity does give you some strength work. It's not going be as much as if you lifted heavy weights, but since the movements incorporated require you to use more power to push/lift your body, it will still help your body with strength training.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Maybe its just me, but I think that Insanity does give you some strength work. It's not going be as much as if you lifted heavy weights, but since the movements incorporated require you to use more power to push/lift your body, it will still help your body with strength training.
I guess its different for everybody, maybe there is a significant difference between male and female? I just feel that the main focus of Insanity is cardio therefore that's where someone would see the most benefit. Since starting Insanity I've had increased cardiovascular endurance, a reduced resting heart rate (under 60bpm), and around 2% body fat loss. I'm very happy with where I've gotten with Insanity and I'm going to continue phase 2 (along with running and strength training) for awhile.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
If anybody is interested, in the P90X2 book, there is an alternate program that combines P90X2 and Insanity. That might be a good "middle of the road" for those who are looking for a bit both strength and cardio.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom