Insane fireworks at 11:45pm tonight!?!

KevinPage

Original Poster
Anyone know if something special was going on? Watching TV and all of a sudden I hear fireworks. Go out onto my balcony and Magic Kingdom is doing an insane fireworks show, like a grand finale for 5 minutes straight.

There isn't any Halloween party tonight and the park closed at 8pm. 11:45pm is very late for them to do something of this scale, unless it was some sort of media event.

Either way it was nice to see before hitting the hay :)

well I know nothing about the mk fireworks but I drove by MGM tonight just before midnight and they were also shooting off a impressive show from the GMR. it rivaled WISHES. I wonder if thats what you saw or not?

well mgm was closed at the time of the show, and I've never seen a firework show like that before at mgm. it was way to well chioographed to be a burnoff.

KevinPage

Original Poster
It could very well been MGM. I normally am unable to see Magic Kingdom fireworks, only Epcot. But this was to the left in my viewing area, so MGM is entirely possible

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
What a lot of companies do is they rent out the parks for a special event. They'll rent out the park, fireworks and a lot of other things.

This could have been one of these things, more than likely what it was.

no way it was to well timed for it to be a burnoff or removal of excess stock. I think x2 has it when he said the park was probly rented out as I did see a few Mears busses pulling into mgm near the end of the show

wedwayjr.

I saw it as well, although I looked at the clock and it was 9:30. Still after the park was closed. It was not a firing of excess as some have commented, but further testing of the 'wishes' show.

They're are several mortar locations which are around the perimeter of the entire park. In the fireworks finale, these go off in a series of synchronized lanches.

I think they've cut this part of 'wishes' because of the possibility (or evidence) that a fire could start on the surrounding buildings. This is the third test that I've seen of these addition launch locations, but none have occured during operating hours or in any of the premieres of this new show.

JeepGuy77

if u saw fireworks last night eh 14th it was for the ehalloween party. They were the regualt fantasy in the sky foreworks halloween ones. they were delayed last night becasue of tecnichal difficulties. So they went off like 10:30 instead of 10. I was working at MK last night. LATE.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Originally posted by wedwayjr.
I think they've cut this part of 'wishes' because of the possibility (or evidence) that a fire could start on the surrounding buildings. This is the third test that I've seen of these addition launch locations, but none have occured during operating hours or in any of the premieres of this new show.

This is sooo not the case. If this were true. The fireworks would never go off at all. Mainly because AdventureLand/Libery Square (These are the main areas) has lost a lot, and I mean A LOT of tables due to the fallout of the shells (Little *******, still feelin the burns from those turkeys from opening night) what destroyed the tables and they've been coming real close to people, and a little too damn close to me, I damn near lost my Commanders Jacket opening night to a shell, Luckly I had it over the bench I was on and the shell hit my arm.

I know Disney is more worried about the safety of people more than they are about a fire being started. True they worry about the fires but the guests come first.

The ones shot off during MNSSHP, and if they're ever used in Wishes in the future, are shot off from platforms that are brought out onto the rail road tracks.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by JeepGuy77
if u saw fireworks last night eh 14th it was for the ehalloween party. They were the regualt fantasy in the sky foreworks halloween ones. they were delayed last night becasue of tecnichal difficulties. So they went off like 10:30 instead of 10. I was working at MK last night. LATE.

So, are all the MNSSHP going to show FITS or will they be doing Wishes?

2much2do

The MNSSHP fireworks are not really FITS or Wishes, they are special MNSSHP ones. Basically FITS with a special finale. Actually, it's really cool. I'll be seeing them tomorrow night when I work the party. Hopefully I won't get hit by a shell.
Last night, however, I closed Epcot, so I saw nothing of what you're talking about cuz I was already at home:)

Kinda cool that you can see them from your apt. I live too far away for that:)

mr.yensid

wow!!! you can see wdw fireworks from your house??? i didn't know there was any area in celebration where you could see the fireworks -- do you know what the best part of town to see them from is? i'm going to be visiting celebration in a month and would love to be able to see some fireworks from inside the town

Bagheera

The fireworks that were at MGM were tremendously loud. The sound bounced off of the Swan and were very, very loud in our room at Boardwalk Villas. We also heard quite a bit of narration about the history of animation. I have no idea what it was for. Must have been some "special event" that they rented the park out for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom